Let Freedom Ring....

Arm everybody!So how do all sides of the spectrum represented here see this?

Personally,I’m still mulling it over a bit.But my initial gut instinct is it’s not a good thing,if it actually happens.

Great! Just what the region needed: An arms race.

Sigh.

It would be far better if the Iranians would stop their military build up and get rid of their evil leaders.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
It would be far better if the Iranians would stop their military build up and get rid of their evil leaders.[/quote]

Agreed. Now, what about stopping YOUR military build up (which outweighs the Iranian effort by several orders of magnitude)? And how about getting rid of YOUR evil leaders (think Bush/Cheney)? Zap, you hypocrite you…

Iran isn’t invading other countries. The US is.

Every poll taken recently shows people around the world considering America a far bigger threat than Iran, and rightfully so may I add.

[quote]lixy wrote:

Agreed. Now, what about stopping YOUR military build up (which outweighs the Iranian effort by several orders of magnitude)? And how about getting rid of YOUR evil leaders (think Bush/Cheney)? Zap, you hypocrite you…

[/quote]

I would love to accommodate you. There will be a new president in office in January 2009. As for MY military… I have no say about their disposition, and therefore it is not mine. Get it?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
It would be far better if the Iranians would stop their military build up and get rid of their evil leaders.

Every poll taken recently shows people around the world considering America a far bigger threat than Iran, and rightfully so may I add.[/quote]

Frankly I do not give a shit about silly polls.

Ask the world whether they would rather live in Iran or the US. Most would say the US.

Ask the world whether they would rather have the US or Iran have control of nuclear weapons. Again the overwhelming majority would say the US.

Someone has to be the strongest and the world is damn lucky it is the US.

[quote]kroby wrote:
I would love to accommodate you. There will be a new president in office in January 2009. As for MY military… I have no say about their disposition, and therefore it is not mine. Get it?[/quote]

Don’t get mad. The post was addressed at Zap. He said, and I quote

“It would be far better if the Iranians would stop their military build up and get rid of their evil leaders”.

I believe that entitles me to use the pronoun your when referring to the American military machine.

[quote]kroby wrote:
lixy wrote:

I would love to accommodate you. There will be a new president in office in January 2009. As for MY military… I have no say about their disposition, and therefore it is not mine. Get it?[/quote]

When is Iran going to get rid of their mullahs that are in charge?

[quote]lixy wrote:
kroby wrote:

Don’t get mad. The post was addressed at Zap. [/quote]

Oh. You meant Zap’s military machine. I can’t speak for his armory.

Frankly I do not give a shit about silly polls. [/quote]

Yeah, I figured…

Duh!

In Iran, chances of being bombed and invaded by Americans is huge. In the US, there is zero chance of being agressed by Iranians.

Control? You already have ten thousand nuclear warheads.

What kind of a stupid question is that to ask?

Every empire in history has been dishing the same line. I seriously doubt any of their colonies felt “lucky”.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:
Frankly I do not give a shit about silly polls.

Yeah, I figured…

Ask the world whether they would rather live in Iran or the US. Most would say the US.

Duh!

In Iran, chances of being bombed and invaded by Americans is huge. In the US, there is zero chance of being agressed by Iranians.
[/quote]

Like that is the reason Iranians have been fleeing to the US and elsewhere. Fear of bombing.

And yet the world does not want Iran to get one because the world fears it will be used in an act of terrorism.

[quote]

Someone has to be the strongest and the world is damn lucky it is the US.

Every empire in history has been dishing the same line. I seriously doubt any of their colonies felt “lucky”.[/quote]

What colonies are you talking about? Do you even know what a colony is?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Great! Just what the region needed: An arms race.
[/quote]

LOL!

lixy wrote:

Like that is the reason Iranians have been fleeing to the US and elsewhere. Fear of bombing.
[/quote]

You know now that I think about it my Iranian landlord when I lived in DC immigrated to the US because he was so afraid of the US bombing Iran. He figured the only way to escape the massive bombing campaigns of the United States was to actually move here. I think somebody has been tipping off the mexicans also…

You all seem to be missing the point. The guys behind 9/11 were Saudis, not Iranians. Saudi Arabia is the country funded radical Islam around the world.

So, instead of putting more effort on the real breeding grounds of terror (Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan), you invaded a country (secular Iraq) that posed absolutely no threat to you. Better yet, you’re not getting out any time soon. And now to top it off, you’re providing provide weapons to the extremists. This will have massive repercussions a few years down the road. A five year old could see that Bush’s “war on terror” is total BS. It sure isn’t making anyone any safer.

[quote]lixy wrote:

[/quote]

Did you ever see the segment on 60 minutes when Mike Wallace went to Afghanistan in the summer of 2001.
The Taliban asked him how he would feel if one day Afghanistan attacked America and thousands died? And he responded, “How are you going to attack America?”

He thought there was zero chance of this happening also.

Well, he found out he was wrong in September.

[quote]lixy wrote:
You all seem to be missing the point. The guys behind 9/11 were Saudis, not Iranians. Saudi Arabia is the country funded radical Islam around the world.

So, instead of putting more effort on the real breeding grounds of terror (Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan), you invaded a country (secular Iraq) that posed absolutely no threat to you. Better yet, you’re not getting out any time soon. And now to top it off, you’re providing provide weapons to the extremists. This will have massive repercussions a few years down the road. A five year old could see that Bush’s “war on terror” is total BS. It sure isn’t making anyone any safer.[/quote]

We get it, ok?

On a side note, which extremists are we (sic) providing provide weapons to?

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Did you ever see the segment on 60 minutes when Mike Wallace went to Afghanistan in the summer of 2001.
The Taliban asked him how he would feel if one day Afghanistan attacked America and thousands died? And he responded, “How are you going to attack America?”

He thought there was zero chance of this happening also.

Well, he found out he was wrong in September.[/quote]

Actually not. It seems worth looking up. It couldn’t locate it on the web though.

Anyway, 9/11 was a huge failure on the homeland security front, Since then, I think you’re taking better precautions. Had they targeted Russia or Israel on 9/11, I’d bet you good money that they would have handled it much better. I mean, c’mon, they wouldn’t even let me carry fish oil and cleansing solution for lenses on planes now.

Also, what kind of cowards let a plane get hijacked by cutters? How can 90+ people fail to neutralize 5 criminals with pocket knives? Wasn’t it the extreme expression of a selfish sissified society (would be a good idea for the next Atomic Dog)?

I don’t mean no disrespect for the memory of the hijack victims, but I for one, would have never sat on my ass watching a plane get hijacked. I’d have called everyone to get their little plastic forks and went after those criminals - and I’m a hardcore pacifist!

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
On a side note, which extremists are we (sic) providing provide weapons to?[/quote]

The Saudis.

In case you didn’t know, 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudis.

[quote]lixy wrote:
Zap Branigan wrote:

Every poll taken recently shows people around the world considering America a far bigger threat than Iran, and rightfully so may I add.[/quote]

Here we go again! Alright, I love these threads!!!

[quote]lixy wrote:
Gkhan wrote:
On a side note, which extremists are we (sic) providing provide weapons to?

The Saudis.

In case you didn’t know, 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 were Saudis.[/quote]

Look, we’re getting ready to abandon the arab world as hopeless. So we have to arm someone there to run the show. The Saudi government is the best bet. Who should we leave in charge? Syria? Or maybe Morocco?