Lessons I've Learned as a Complete Newb

[quote]Otis Rush wrote:
Hey Alfranglez, you do you think you could condense your points a little? I’d prefer not to have the topic turn into a mountain of info and have people get discouraged from reading all of it. [/quote]

I don’t think people would get discouraged from reading a lot of info. That’s what these forums are about: Sharing info and personal opinions.

I simply shared some of my experiences and insights the same way you did in your OP. Readers can simply scroll down if they want to skip to the next post. Long threads aren’t necessarily a bad thing, you know.

But if you detected something wrong with what I wrote, I’d be happy to hear your opinion on the matter.

BTW, what method are you using to measure your BF? < 5% is pretty low, and I know people that look very similar to you that aren’t anywhere near your numbers. How about some before pics for comparison?

True enough I suppose. the only thing I can see is to eat every 2-3 hours, according to Berardi.

The first time I measured my BF was using a digital monitor at my local gym that send pulses thru your body for a reading. I just got the caliper test from my school’s nutrition office last week, but I’m hoping to visit a clinic soon to get blood work and an accurate BF test done.

Also, I’m coming off of a 2 month period of severe carb restriction, and I’ve been doing MAG-10 pulse fasts for the last 6 weeks, so it’s not unreasonable to assume I’ve cut some fat off. And keep in mind that if I started with 8.2 lbs of fat (136*.06) and have 6 lbs now (152*.04), that’s only 2lbs lost over 6 months.

[quote]Otis Rush wrote:
True enough I suppose. the only thing I can see is to eat every 2-3 hours, according to Berardi. [/quote]

I searched that name here. Dr. John Berardi? Cool, you just have me a couple of more articles to read. Thanks! Any ones you recommend?

[quote]Otis Rush wrote:
The first time I measured my BF was using a digital monitor at my local gym that send pulses thru your body for a reading. I just got the caliper test from my school’s nutrition office last week, but I’m hoping to visit a clinic soon to get blood work and an accurate BF test done.

Also, I’m coming off of a 2 month period of severe carb restriction, and I’ve been doing MAG-10 pulse fasts for the last 6 weeks, so it’s not unreasonable to assume I’ve cut some fat off. And keep in mind that if I started with 8.2 lbs of fat (136*.06) and have 6 lbs now (152*.04), that’s not a huge loss at all. [/quote]

Congrats on the progress. I hate caliper readings since I’m quite ticklish (Not a good thing, my godson loves to creep up on me and tickle me into submission. Very fun to watch according to his mom). I prefer hearing the feedback of people that haven’t seen me in a while and the way my pants feel around my waist.

More importantly, I think, is that you’re building muscle. You’re heavier now, but your BF is down. That is most excellent. Keep it up!

You’re not 3-4% bodyfat.

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
You’re not 3-4% bodyfat.[/quote]

What he said.