Lesson Learned

Yeah there’s this one really hairy gross guy at my gym who hangs out right next to the abductor/adductor and hamstring curl machines and passes out “tips” to the ladies while unabashedly staring at their asses. I mean, sure, we all sneak a peak but this guy is a fuckin pervo.

[quote]Doyle wrote:
I don’t know why you would want to build size in that area [/quote]

Because it’s an enormous part of the thigh when viewed from the front. Most people won’t need to ever do them but some people will have an inner thigh weakness(especially taller guys) and that machine will take care of it no doubt.

Thanks scott ^

;D

lol

DG

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Doyle wrote:
I don’t know why you would want to build size in that area

Because it’s an enormous part of the thigh when viewed from the front. Most people won’t need to ever do them but some people will have an inner thigh weakness(especially taller guys) and that machine will take care of it no doubt. [/quote]

Good point, I guess bodybuilding is about developing every muscle to its potential while maintaining symetry and balance and that. The inner thigh is just not a place i ever put much emphasis on I suppose.

Platz’ legs are phenominal I wonder if there is truth in that. Imagine if the cardio girls trying to loose weight saw a pic of platz legs and you told them that he used the addactor hahaha, they would never touch it again for fear of miraculously getting “bulky” legs.
Gerdy you might have to use that to your advantage if your ever having to waite for some women doing 1000 reps with 5 pounds.

good call for those who mentioned doing the abductor as well, you dont want to mess up your hips by creating an imbalance.

Anyway let us know how it goes in a month or two DG, you can be the guinea pig :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Doyle wrote:

Because it’s an enormous part of the thigh when viewed from the front. Most people won’t need to ever do them but some people will have an inner thigh weakness(especially taller guys) and that machine will take care of it no doubt. [/quote]

Man… I am getting nightmares of intense thigh-chaffing for someone who does these a whole lot lol.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
Scott M wrote:
Doyle wrote:

Because it’s an enormous part of the thigh when viewed from the front. Most people won’t need to ever do them but some people will have an inner thigh weakness(especially taller guys) and that machine will take care of it no doubt.

Man… I am getting nightmares of intense thigh-chaffing for someone who does these a whole lot lol.[/quote]

Um…am I supposed to have hair on my inner thighs? 'Cause it looks like it’s all been rubbed off, hahaha.

Fuck the adductor machine, I can’t train legs without my groin being sore the next day. I’m eagerly awaiting the day a girl compliments my bulging adductors.

Any athletic carryover from having big uh… adductors?

i may have to do them, im 6ft and could use all the extra quad with i can get.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Doyle wrote:

From a BB perspective, there is no need to do these abductor/adductor exercises because deadlifts hit that just fine.

[quote]Defekt wrote:
Any athletic carryover from having big uh… adductors? [/quote]

No, but it gets in the way if you have a bid jimmy!

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Doyle wrote:

those muscles actually aren’t that big, even when trained. Sure, you can pull out that one guy that has incredible size in that area, but a lot of that size is due to the vastus medius not so much the ADDuctors.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
Scott M wrote:
Doyle wrote:

From a BB perspective, there is no need to do these abductor/adductor exercises because deadlifts hit that just fine.

[/quote]

Well, to play Devil’s Advocate (I’m with you btw), chins work biceps nicely but you should include them for BB purposes.

I don’t however see the need (or benefit) to include those machines for BB purposes.

It’s like trying to work the rotator cuff muscles really hard expecting to get big shoulders, ain’t gonna happen. It’s not what they were designed for, and they also won’t grow that large.

[quote]Lorisco wrote:
Scott M wrote:
Doyle wrote:

[/quote]

For everyone?

This thread is starting to piss me off…I will try and put this nicely.

I don’t care about any athletic carryover as I’m a bodybuilder and not an athlete. Deads don’t hit this just fine for me. I use a narrow stance and usually double overhand. Possibly if my feet were askewed to the sides and I did somewhat of a SUMO style dead then it might be different.

Doyle: thanks for your last post man, I will be the guinea pig and give my thoughts.

Jehova: I disagree with most of what you’ve stated here. Platz medialis is big, but look at his inner thigh that this machine hits. There are more muscles in the leg besides the quads. I believe that there is a carryover from bodybuilding.

I feel once a strong base of muscle is reached that sometimes the odd and strange exercises are needed to improve ones physique. Tom Platz is known for having some of the greatest legs in bodybuilding. I read an article and he swore by them.

So I’ll try them and see what happens. (no rant at you and no disrespect, I respect your opinion and knowledge, this is a more of an intelligent debate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lol)

Sorry for the rant. I mean no disrespect to any of you and most of you that know me should know that I’m usually the calm and helpful type, not the ranting flaming SOB! lol

It’s just what is the title of this forum? “BODYBUILDING”

So if somebody distracts from a thread by discussing stuff that isn’t bodybuilding it kind of pisses me off. Let me clarify that I don’t necessarily mean that this forum must stay competitive bodybuilding, but at least related to putting on massive muscle and physique enhancement.

I guess this thread struck a nerve because of the way this forum generally is…

No offense to any of you and I’m not calling anybody in particular out, text can be ambiguous and I want to make it clear I’m not trying to be an ass. I just don’t want anybody shedding tears over this :stuck_out_tongue: lol

DG

DG-
I think you’re misunderstanding me a little as well.

I’m not relating this to athletic purposes, rather actually for BB. If you expect to build up those muscles to any degree close to the one pictured, good luck. Report back in 4-6 months with pics to show improvement. I’d like to see it, honestly I would. Not being a smart ass.

Again, I’ll relate it those machines to the rotator cuff example.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
DG-
I think you’re misunderstanding me a little as well.

I’m not relating this to athletic purposes, rather actually for BB. If you expect to build up those muscles to any degree close to the one pictured, good luck. Report back in 4-6 months with pics to show improvement. I’d like to see it, honestly I would. Not being a smart ass.

Again, I’ll relate it those machines to the rotator cuff example.[/quote]

fair enough.

The only problem I have with your rotator cough analogy is that the rotator cuff is deep to the deltoid. The adductors are superficial muscles.

I might be mistaken there, but I’m pretty sure I’m correct. So this would be like wanting bigger shoulders and picking just one of the heads of the delt to train.

Maybe my shoulder analogy isn’t the best example? lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Regaurdless, without getting too scientific, one of the best set of wheels in bodybuilding was sculpted with this as a tool. It might be worth trying from a bodybuilders perspective based on this alone. If it doesn’t work, well then I know that those machines are garbage for me at least.

The athletic purposes was not directed at you. I saw that there was a convo brewing in the thread about that when I view that as a hijack. I like my bodybuilding related threads to stay just that. lol

thanks for the reply man and to make things clear I did not mean to make it sound as an attack on you. I respect you as a member of this community and always take your opinion with all seriousness. ;D

DG

I agree with you DG. People do alreagy target these muscles with exercises like 45 degree travelling lunges or side lunges.

[quote]Doyle wrote:
I don’t know why you would want to build size in that area and there is no real practical aplication I can think of.

Anyone know a good application for them other than giving us guys a great view?[/quote]

Skiing comes to mind; either XC or downhill. I’ve gotten DOMS from both of those in the same muscle as this machine works.

So and so wrote that he did it so I am going to. grins. You can get terrible DOMS from doing flyes, if you haven’t done them in a while, and you do them with a monster stretch…to say this is the last magic ingredient to unlock hugeness is wishful thinking. Will if have some benefit? sure. Throw whatever you want into your tool bag and give it a shot. Hell get on a slide board with a dip belt and do splits and return to neutral.

I’ve considered adding the abductor machine because I often get very tight in the outside part of my hips when doing any form of bench pressing.

That or band walks