T Nation

Lesson Learned

DOMS…

So on monday it was hams, calves, abs, cardio for me and just before cardio I went to say hi to one of my girlfriends in the gym.

She was on the adductor machines, hip adductor? Idk what its called because I usually wouldn’t waste my time with it, but it’s the one (probably invented by a guy) that has the girl spread her legs, then close them, then repeat. lol Great piece of equipment for the cardio bunnies. Clear on this machine? :stuck_out_tongue:

So I go over and talk to her and she asks me if I do these, after several smartass comments on how I’d rather keep my groin flexible or work that area out I said I don’t. She then almost challenges me to do it. Being I won’t back down from a challenge I did it and told her to put the whole stack on and managed 3x12. After the set I thought I might add these into this particular leg day as I recall reading something that said Tom Platz used to do them. Then off to cardio I went…

Yesterday I was fine, but TODAY! I can barely walk. My groin area is soo tight. This is crazy! lol I’ll have to do some major warm ups and stretching before deads today.

So lessons learned: Don’t show off, don’t judge a machine by it’s cover :stuck_out_tongue: lol

Thought I’d share.

DG

I like to call that one “The Vag Machine.”

It’s a good thing that’s on the first floor instead of the basement where all the freeweights are or else I would get nothing done.

Oh, and another lesson learned (the hard way, of couse):

Don’t ask for a spot from the guy who asks “What’s that”

My gym has those machines facing away from everyone, so you don’t even get a good view when someone’s using them. Such a waste.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
DOMS…

So on monday it was hams, calves, abs, cardio for me and just before cardio I went to say hi to one of my girlfriends in the gym.

She was on the adductor machines, hip adductor? Idk what its called because I usually wouldn’t waste my time with it, but it’s the one (probably invented by a guy) that has the girl spread her legs, then close them, then repeat. lol Great piece of equipment for the cardio bunnies. Clear on this machine? :stuck_out_tongue:

So I go over and talk to her and she asks me if I do these, after several smartass comments on how I’d rather keep my groin flexible or work that area out I said I don’t. She then almost challenges me to do it. Being I won’t back down from a challenge I did it and told her to put the whole stack on and managed 3x12. After the set I thought I might add these into this particular leg day as I recall reading something that said Tom Platz used to do them. Then off to cardio I went…

Yesterday I was fine, but TODAY! I can barely walk. My groin area is soo tight. This is crazy! lol I’ll have to do some major warm ups and stretching before deads today.

So lessons learned: Don’t show off, don’t judge a machine by it’s cover :stuck_out_tongue: lol

Thought I’d share.

DG[/quote]

so do u plan to put these into your leg day

lolololol funny. I do them from time to time because I figured its a muscle I must never use since it always makes me so sore.

sigh

I’ve got to do these tonight…

wtf do they even do? i always thought maybe i could ass some leg size or improve joints by doing them but ive never seen someone other than old people and women do them.

and speaking of intense DOMS, i did box squats last friday, i just got able to walk normally yesterday (tuesday) like at work i had to go down these stairs, only 3 of them, 2 at a time and hold the railing. it took me 3x as long to walk anywhere.

definately a good indication of how well squats work but holy shit i never want doms like that again, it was seriously the most painful doms ive ever had. lol id lean over a table to wipe it down and my legs would start trembling…yea

[quote]AngryVader wrote:
My gym has those machines facing away from everyone, so you don’t even get a good view when someone’s using them. Such a waste.[/quote]

Fuck man, my gym did the same thing!!

my friends and I call those machines “The Good-girl Bad-girl”.

hamstring curl > vagina press

Do the antagonist too if you’re gonna start doing those. There’s a machine with the exact opposite movement.

I don’t know why you would want to build size in that area and there is no real practical aplication I can think of.
the only benefit of these machines IMO is that you automaticaly contract your PC muscle at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:
It “feels” like its working though, and most women want to “tighten up” or loose fat off this area and think that this will do that. Thats why there are an abundance of these machines.
Anyone know a good application for them other than giving us guys a great view?

[quote]Doyle wrote:
I don’t know why you would want to build size in that area and there is no real practical aplication I can think of.
the only benefit of these machines IMO is that you automaticaly contract your PC muscle at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:
It “feels” like its working though, and most women want to “tighten up” or loose fat off this area and think that this will do that. Thats why there are an abundance of these machines.
Anyone know a good application for them other than giving us guys a great view?[/quote]

x2. perhaps in a rehab setting, beyond, total waste of time, and can potentially lead to problems.

squats, step ups, lunges, etc will work those muscle how they were intended

[quote]Artem wrote:
Do the antagonist too if you’re gonna start doing those. There’s a machine with the exact opposite movement.[/quote]

What do they call that one? Rape Defender?

[quote]Chip Duglass wrote:
I like to call that one “The Vag Machine.”[/quote]

I love that machine!

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Artem wrote:
Do the antagonist too if you’re gonna start doing those. There’s a machine with the exact opposite movement.

What do they call that one? Rape Defender?[/quote]

Ha Ha Legend

I read that tom platz did them and if any of you have seen his legs…I’ll start doing them.

Yea I plan to add them to my routine. I have a ham,calf,ab,cardio day that they could fit in too.

Artem: First off good job on the progress dood ;D and I will do the antagonistic movement too.

i just thought it was funny that this “pussy exercise” literally and figuratively would have me hobbling around. lol DOMS I can deal with. Get DOMS in the groin = not fun! lol

DG

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
wtf do they even do? i always thought maybe i could ass some leg size or improve joints by doing them but ive never seen someone other than old people and women do them.

and speaking of intense DOMS, i did box squats last friday, i just got able to walk normally yesterday (tuesday) like at work i had to go down these stairs, only 3 of them, 2 at a time and hold the railing. it took me 3x as long to walk anywhere.

definately a good indication of how well squats work but holy shit i never want doms like that again, it was seriously the most painful doms ive ever had. lol id lean over a table to wipe it down and my legs would start trembling…yea[/quote]

once at work I dropped my calipers (digital…120 clams)on the floor .

I bought new calipers

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I read that tom platz did them and if any of you have seen his legs…I’ll start doing them.

Yea I plan to add them to my routine. I have a ham,calf,ab,cardio day that they could fit in too.

Artem: First off good job on the progress dood ;D and I will do the antagonistic movement too.

i just thought it was funny that this “pussy exercise” literally and figuratively would have me hobbling around. lol DOMS I can deal with. Get DOMS in the groin = not fun! lol

DG[/quote]

are u also going to try the oppsoite one. im not sure if its the adductor its just the opp of the one u described gerdy

[quote]crod266 wrote:
Dirty Gerdy wrote:
I read that tom platz did them and if any of you have seen his legs…I’ll start doing them.

Yea I plan to add them to my routine. I have a ham,calf,ab,cardio day that they could fit in too.

Artem: First off good job on the progress dood ;D and I will do the antagonistic movement too.

i just thought it was funny that this “pussy exercise” literally and figuratively would have me hobbling around. lol DOMS I can deal with. Get DOMS in the groin = not fun! lol

DG

are u also going to try the oppsoite one. im not sure if its the adductor its just the opp of the one u described gerdy[/quote]

Yes I will try that one too. Probably in a superset fashion right before the bike or stair stepper :stuck_out_tongue: lol

DG