T Nation

Less Leg Fatigue

I have been given this plan from a guy who does long distannce running to help fight against heavy tired legs, he says this will increase endurance and speed greatly

MONDAY

20 SETS OF 50 LEG PRESS pushing own body weight

WEDNESDAY

SPRINT TRAINING

25 X 20 METRE SPRINTS DRAGING WEIGHT (TWO CAR TYES)
25 X 20 METRE SPRINTS NO WIEGHT

FRIDAY

20 SETS OF 50 LEG PRESS pushing own body weight

SUNDAY

25 X 20 METRE SPRINTS DRAGING WEIGHT (TWO CAR TYES)
25 X 20 METRE SPRINTS NO WIEGHT

This can be interspered on off days with light jogs and aqua jogging to loosen tired muscles

Any thoughts from any other runners, or sports guys? I was thinking of trying this for 6 weeks

I am 30 years old
5' 4"
weigh 160lbs
18% BF

Have trainined and played football (real football) and Rugby for 15 years at moderate level.

due to BF my current diet is an ultra clean, no sats fats, and low carbs diet, I am getting through training on low carbs by taking epherdrine, cafine and aspirin mix.

the thing I would question is why 20 sets of 50 of BW on the leg press machine?? Why the hell not use real life real wieght and JUMP explosively 50 time with your own bodyweight?? Seems like it would have a better transfer and payback.

Sure looks like you will build muscular endurance. Build muscle Id say no even moreso on the restricted diet. the taht volume etc you mikght consider some carbs for the work out. The payback through greater performance should negate the k/cal intake.

Sure water walk and light jog. might help.

Try it I would go to hard on days off thoguh or you will get the opposite effect and those legs will feel not just heavy but like lead.