T Nation

Lesner is a Douche

that was a dumb fight, i could see it getting stopped when randy was getting punched in the face, but when he reached up and pulled lesner’s arm in then the ref stopped it from those tiny baby elbows are you effing serious. ghey

Randy wasn’t even trying to defend himself, though. It is the responsibility of a good ref to stop a fight before a guy gets a serious concussion.

I still thought Randy could’ve won had it gone the distance.

This was discussed here before.

Living in Austria, I only saw it on YouTube, but Randy even seemed unable to get up at first.

Regardless how you view the stoppage, I also fail to see why Lesnar is a “douche” because of this.

If the ref didn’t stop it there those “baby elbows”, as you called them, would have gone on for 2 minutes.

Randy couldn’t even stand up for 2 minutes. Dont be retarded.

If you’re going to bash the guy, at least spell his name right

omg how did he do that hes like so unfunctional?

Look, I’d have to say that one of Lesnars “baby elbows and punches” would probally equal the impact of one of the average mans all out punch. The guy is 275 lbs of muscle and strength.

Give him a little respect. Randy is a Gdamned legend, a monster, a great fighter, but last night he was bested and thats that. Lesnar doesn’t have the history Randy does, but he’s got the heart.

Its not like he didn’t earn last night, it definetely wasn’t a fluke. Randy got dropped and lost the belt. It doesn’t matter how last night turned out, Randy is respected globally and despite his loss he goes out a friggin winner no matter what.

let the young buck have his glory, show a little respect, he won hands down, at the end of the night he was the man on top.

Baby elbows? Describing an elbow from a man that big as a “baby elbow,” regardless of how it looked, is a bit oxymoronic. And I didn’t see Randy protesting the stoppage.

I like Randy, and I wanted to see him win, but I don’t see why so many refuse to give credit where credit is due.

[quote]IvanDmitritch wrote:
Baby elbows? Describing an elbow from a man that big as a “baby elbow,” regardless of how it looked, is a bit oxymoronic. And I didn’t see Randy protesting the stoppage.

I like Randy, and I wanted to see him win, but I don’t see why so many refuse to give credit where credit is due. [/quote]

because theyre MMA fanboys. its like comic book geeks for 2008

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
If the ref didn’t stop it there those “baby elbows”, as you called them, would have gone on for 2 minutes.[/quote]

Yup.

He proved last night that he deserves to be where and what he is. How many guys can change careers and do that? Think Michael Jordan and his .220 BA in Double-A ball.

He deserves our respect.

[quote]evilachilles9 wrote:
that was a dumb fight, i could see it getting stopped when randy was getting punched in the face, but when he reached up and pulled lesner’s arm in then the ref stopped it from those tiny baby elbows are you effing serious. ghey[/quote]

Suppose you’d have been one of the (unfortunately very many) retards booing after the fight.

To be honest, I dont think Lesnar did earn a shot at the belt. He only has 3(?) UFC fights, One being a loss. Is he a good fighter and very talented? Yes.

But i would have liked to see Lesnar earn his way to the top just like every other fighter had too, rather than be given a shot because of he has a name from wwe fame. He should have fought atleast 3-4 more times before given a title shot.

So far Lesner is the most energetic heavy weight I have ever seen. He’s talented and an athlete. He’s going to be around a long time.

[quote]Ground-N-Pound wrote:

Its not like he didn’t earn last night, it definetely wasn’t a fluke. Randy got dropped and lost the belt. It doesn’t matter how last night turned out, Randy is respected globally and despite his loss he goes out a friggin winner no matter what.

To be honest, I dont think Lesnar did earn a shot at the belt. He only has 3(?) UFC fights, One being a loss. Is he a good fighter and very talented? Yes.

But i would have liked to see Lesnar earn his way to the top just like every other fighter had too, rather than be given a shot because of he has a name from wwe fame. He should have fought atleast 3-4 more times before given a title shot.[/quote]

well he got the opportunity and seized it, i think thats evidence he deserved it. maybe if he lost it’d be a different story. plus people want to see him fight, thats what its about.

i work in a sports bar and it was absolutely packed, everyone wanted to see that fight.

But i would have liked to see Lesnar earn his way to the top just like every other fighter had too, rather than be given a shot because of he has a name from wwe fame. He should have fought atleast 3-4 more times before given a title shot.[/quote]

You’re right, he didn’t deserve it at all, which must be why he won it with relative ease.

Umm…there is a combat sports forum you know.

First of all it’s a business

Second, he won which negates all concerns about him not deserving the shot.

[quote]evilachilles9 wrote:
that was a dumb fight, i could see it getting stopped when randy was getting punched in the face, but when he reached up and pulled lesner’s arm in then the ref stopped it from those tiny baby elbows are you effing serious. ghey[/quote]

I take it you’ve never been elbowed before have you? It can cause some pain and damage from an averaged size guy but from a guy Lesnar’s size and strength? Ouch.

oh please shutup about him not deserving a shot at it, no one in the ufc can even come close to him unless he beats himself,

the only one that can beat him is fedor