Lesnar's Tenets of Training for Life

Saw this and saw lots of fundamental principles that everyone can apply to their training.
I love the quote…I always do one more rep for my opponent.

Insane “sticks exercise”

DrC

One of Brock’s tenets: Always pass steroid tests.
http://mma.fanhouse.com/2008/10/21/brock-lesnar-storms-out-of-espn-interview-when-subject-turns-to/
About 7:20 into the video.

[quote]drc wrote:
Insane “sticks exercise”

DrC[/quote]
That video’s been around since his WWE days, but it’s good stuff.

His All Access show was interesting too.

But wait… pec-deck and Smith machine upright rows? Quick, someone tell him he’s doing it wrong. [/Hopefully obvious sarcasm]

If he loses I’m TOTALLY blaming the pec dec and smith machine </also obvious sarcasm>

He’s definately got the right idea for training, and isn’t a slacker. I don’t think he should be jumping up into the spot light as fast as he is, he’s not experienced enough yet, but I see why they are doing it, after all, it is a business. I definately see him as a big part of the sport though someday.

Efforts to build superstars and super fights have failed. So you have to cash in on talent when you can.

What if he starts off fighting “cans” and loses?

If you were running a business, would you take that risk?

If not, then why shouldn’t he be “jumping up into the spot light as fast as he is”?

Lensar weighs 275 pounds. I wonder if he has an 825 pound dead lift or a 687.5 pound squat?

If not, I need to bet on Couture.

Though I don’t know if Couture has a 3 BW dead lift or 2.5 BW squat either.

So I’m really now sure who will win.

I hope some day those guys get those numbers up. Otherwise, they will remain incomplete fighters.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Lensar weighs 275 pounds. I wonder if he has an 825 pound dead lift or a 687.5 pound squat?

If not, I need to bet on Couture.

Though I don’t know if Couture has a 3 BW dead lift or 2.5 BW squat either.

So I’m really now sure who will win.

I hope some day those guys get those numbers up. Otherwise, they will remain incomplete fighters.[/quote]

Yep, it’s getting old.
You’re not the only one who found those strength recommendations bizarre- still, why waste any more words on that?

good video, thanks.

The more I learn about him, the more I’m ok with Brock. He might not be Mr. Eloquence, but he is certainly a lot less cocky and disrespectful than a lot of people pre-fight. Plus I think he has a shot at the sport, just not necessarily right now. You can’t question his ethic. He might beat Randy - but I still have my vote on the Natural. Never bet against Randy.

[quote]3rdegreebyrne wrote:
The more I learn about him, the more I’m ok with Brock. He might not be Mr. Eloquence, but he is certainly a lot less cocky and disrespectful than a lot of people pre-fight. Plus I think he has a shot at the sport, just not necessarily right now. You can’t question his ethic. He might beat Randy - but I still have my vote on the Natural. Never bet against Randy.[/quote]

I agree with your view on Lesner.