Lesnar To Be on the Jim Rome Show

This will be Golden.

"Monday, January 25 1:45 pm PT: In my limited, third-party knowledge of Brock Lesnarâ??s misanthropic attitude toward life, media, and anyone outside his immediate familial circle, I would say heâ??s not unwilling to throw you into oncoming traffic if he doesnâ??t like the cut of your tongue. Which is why the UFCâ??s PR department might now take special care in booking him on ESPNâ??s Jim Rome show.

In the clip, Rome chastises Lesnar for his recent and heavily-trafficked views on Canadian health care, which Lesnar disparaged after a bout of intestinal trouble in Manitoba. â??Awesome. Brock Lesnar is weighing in on health care now,â?? Rome said. â??Anyone want to check in on Roy Nelson for his thoughts on global warming? Kimbo Slice on the war in Iraq?..Easy, Brock. Letâ??s not confuse the treatment you received from a tiny facilityâ?¦with an entire nationâ??s health care systemâ?¦leave issues like health care reform to those who know what theyâ??re talking about.â??

Thereâ??s some mild hypocrisy here, since one could argue Rome himself has formulated opinions on subjects best left to others. (Like, say, oh – condemning MMA for years.) Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion. Particularly when you weigh 280 pounds.

Lesnarâ??s rant made it as far into the political puppethead genre as â??Hannity and Colmes,â?? which had likely never before invoked â??ultimate fightingâ?? or anyone with a beef jerky sponsorship on their pants. Is it too soon to consider Lesnarâ??s provocative outbursts having some shades of the contentious, flammable speeches of Ali – with the result of attracting casual observers who would otherwise have no interest in fight sports?

Yeah. Probably. Also: Canada is a nation?"

sherdogblog.craveonline.com/blog/2010-01-25#22247

That should be interesting. I would have never pegged Jim Rome and Brock Lesnar as a very good mix. Let’s hope Rome doesn’t prod him into more political talk.

It funny how worked up some are getting over this. We get to hear the personal political convictions of actors all the time. Most seem perfectly fine listening to their drivel or with them paling around with terrorists, criminals, and dictators.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
That should be interesting. I would have never pegged Jim Rome and Brock Lesnar as a very good mix. Let’s hope Rome doesn’t prod him into more political talk.

It funny how worked up some are getting over this. We get to hear the personal political convictions of actors all the time. Most seem perfectly fine listening to their drivel or with them paling around with terrorists, criminals, and dictators.[/quote]

Where do you crybaby conservatives really here about these actors all the time?

Aside from Clooney being involved in Haiti recovery drives (and only because it was on at a bar I was at) I have no idea what any of their affiliations are or who they “pal around with.”

Stop watching fuckin E TV and get a life and you won’t have this problem.

It’s all over the news channels.

I’ve never really seen any “Hollywood folks” go on about any certain issue here or there… the most I’ve seen is news crews filming them at a convention or something… but that’s not their fault.

Did you pay attention to the last election it was rampant with celebrities in conventions, benefits, donations and basic campaign stuff.

[quote]drewh wrote:
Did you pay attention to the last election it was rampant with celebrities in conventions, benefits, donations and basic campaign stuff.[/quote]

I paid very close attention to the last election, but celebrities were not something that came across my radar.

Read the papers instead of watching the “news” channels.

It’s the 21st century only you and my grandpa read newspapers.

No “Chris Evert” moment from Romey? Damnit.

[quote]drewh wrote:
It’s the 21st century only you and my grandpa read newspapers.[/quote]

Fox, MSNBC, and CNN are first and foremost meant to appeal to political affiliation and entertain, not deliver news. I suggest you look into PBS, BBC America, or just find an object website.

If you think those aren’t biased your naive, pretty much all news is.

[quote]drewh wrote:
If you think those aren’t biased your naive, pretty much all news is.[/quote]

Sure, anything with the exception of finding an objective website and reading the news can lead to watching something somewhat biased… But they’re still infinitely better than the mainstream sources.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]dhickey wrote:

It funny how worked up some are getting over this. We get to hear the personal political convictions of actors all the time. Most seem perfectly fine listening to their drivel or with them paling around with terrorists, criminals, and dictators.[/quote]

Aside from Clooney being involved in Haiti recovery drives (and only because it was on at a bar I was at) I have no idea what any of their affiliations are or who they “pal around with.”

Stop watching fuckin E TV and get a life and you won’t have this problem.[/quote]

very clever. we got to see plenty of celebs pipe up about GWB, Iraq, BHO, etc. I purposely avoid award shows, talk shows, or anything that involves pop culture and I still pick up plenty. Maybe your not married, or your wife doesn’t watch the talk shows or award shows. I am sure that’s where I hear most of it.

I really don’t give a shit what they say or do, which is the same attitude people should have with any political speach coming from a fighter.

There all the same to me, peoples views won’t drastically change based off of watching or reading something non-biased. But this is all non combat related. Brock sucks

haha, a Chris Evert moment with Brock Lesnar would be amazing. I haven’t watched Rome in awhile, but he’s always seemed to be part douchebag part knowledgeable and you never know which part you’ll get. He’s obviously not in love with brock, so there should be some tense and awkward moments to look forward too.

[quote]dhickey wrote:

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]dhickey wrote:

Stop watching fuckin E TV and get a life and you won’t have this problem.[/quote]

very clever. we got to see plenty of celebs pipe up about GWB, Iraq, BHO, etc. I purposely avoid award shows, talk shows, or anything that involves pop culture and I still pick up plenty. Maybe your not married, or your wife doesn’t watch the talk shows or award shows. I am sure that’s where I hear most of it.

I really don’t give a shit what they say or do, which is the same attitude people should have with any political speach coming from a fighter.[/quote]

Amen it’s really people who give these people the power and then complain about them later.