Lesnar Seriously Ill

It’s being reported on all the major MMA sites that Brock Lesnar has been hospitalized after collapsing in Canada.

Apparently not only does he have mono, but some other non-disclosed illness. Dana White said that Brock won’t be fighting anytime soon, and mentioned that Lesnar might be visiting the Mayo Clinic and some other top hospitals to figure out what exactly is wrong. White did say that Lesnar did not have cancer or AIDS.

Man, this is terrible news. I hope whatever it is, it is treatable and Brock can make a full recover, no matter how long it takes…

So it seems like an interim belt will be set up. Interesting implications for the HW division, but I hope Brock will be OK.

â??He doesnâ??t want to talk about it publically, but heâ??s in bad shape. Heâ??s not well and heâ??s not going to be getting well anytime soon.â??

WTF???

[quote]Valor wrote:
â??He doesnâ??t want to talk about it publically, but heâ??s in bad shape. Heâ??s not well and heâ??s not going to be getting well anytime soon.â??

WTF???[/quote]

Yeah, it’s really confusing at this point. I respect Brock’s right to privacy regarding his health, though.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
Valor wrote:
�¢??He doesn�¢??t want to talk about it publically, but he�¢??s in bad shape. He�¢??s not well and he�¢??s not going to be getting well anytime soon.�¢??

WTF???

Yeah, it’s really confusing at this point. I respect Brock’s right to privacy regarding his health, though.[/quote]

yup. sucks to hear someone sidelined by illness.

his silence is kinda consistent with the midwest mentality, though.

Here’s one thought, when you contract Mononucleosis as an adult (30’s)it can sometimes lead to chronic fatigue. That would prevent him from training and make him feel very listless with a host of other very unwanted symptoms. It’s also something that rarely goes away. They don’t really know a lot about chronic fatigue other than those who have it also seem to have the epstein barr virus as well, this is the same virus that causes mono.

Hopefully this is not the case and he makes a full recovery soon.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Here’s one thought, when you contract Mononucleosis as an adult (30’s)it can sometimes lead to chronic fatigue. That would prevent him from training and make him feel very listless with a host of other very unwanted symptoms. It’s also something that rarely goes away. They don’t really know a lot about chronic fatigue other than those who have it also seem to have the epstein barr virus as well, this is the same virus that causes mono.

Hopefully this is not the case and he makes a full recovery soon.[/quote]

Good point. It would make sense since some well-known MMA writers are saying that while Lesnar’s illness isn’t life-threatening, it is career-threatening.

I hope that is not the case and that Lesnar can make a full recovery, no matter how long it takes.

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
So it seems like an interim belt will be set up. Interesting implications for the HW division, but I hope Brock will be OK.[/quote]

Has there been any word from the UFC regarding this? Seems the normal thing when a current champ can’t defend the title right? Who would go in? Valasquez v. Carwin?

Holy shit… Fedor death touch?

[quote]Therizza wrote:
Nikiforos wrote:
So it seems like an interim belt will be set up. Interesting implications for the HW division, but I hope Brock will be OK.

Has there been any word from the UFC regarding this? Seems the normal thing when a current champ can’t defend the title right? Who would go in? Valasquez v. Carwin?[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing with Cain and Shane, since now Big Nog is out with Staph and won’t be fighting Cain at 108. Personally, I would like to see Dos Santos in the mix, but I know he’s fighting Gonzaga, so that may be out.

Wishing Brock a safe, speedy recovery. Regardless of if anyone likes or dislikes Brock, illness is something you don’t wish upon anyone, and I’m wishing him the best in his recovery process.

Mono is a bitch. If it hits you really bad, it can take years to truly recover from the fatigue it induces. If a man-stodon like Lesnar collapsed, it got fucking hit really by it. I hope he recovers.

i really hated that guy so much for his attitute and i only tuned in to see him lose. But an illness is something i do not whish anybody on the planet.

Now a lot of guys will make speculations about his desease and the internet forums will explode. At MMAJunkie.com they discuss his possible kidney failure… Fact is we do not know what is wrong with him.

White seems to be the only reliable source right know and he justs says hes in bad shape. Hopefully they come up with more positive information soon.

[quote]dnbjoe wrote:
White seems to be the only reliable source right know and he justs says hes in bad shape. Hopefully they come up with more positive information soon. [/quote]

This. White says he knows what’s wrong but Brock doesn’t want him saying anything.

[quote]elnyka wrote:
Mono is a bitch. If it hits you really bad, it can take years to truly recover from the fatigue it induces. If a man-stodon like Lesnar collapsed, it got fucking hit really by it. I hope he recovers.[/quote]

I got mono in my mid-20s and it sucked ass. It really fucks up your immune system. I ended up getting all sorts of other shit because of it, including strep throat so bad that I had green holes rotting in my tonsils. Not a fun time.

For thos interested in an actual article here’s the link

damn, i hope he hets better!

Update: Lesnar needs intestinal surgery.

It sounds like either Diverticulitis, Crohn’s, or Colitis, since Colon Cancer is ruled out.

“On Monday, White clarified his diagnosis somewhat. He also said that Lesnar is back in the U.S. and that he might be admitted to the Mayo Clinic for surgery. According to White, Lesnar, 32, might never fight again”

I can’t be the first to think that this is a huge publicity stunt so when he comes back they can say “Not even [insert ailment] can hold this Goliath down!!!”, can I? Not saying that he isn’t ill but I wouldn’t be surprised if his illness is being greatly overstated.

[quote]ZEB wrote:

Hopefully this is not the case and he makes a full recovery soon.[/quote]

yes its no joke some of my fam and friends have epstein barr and their constantly tired brock might survive but who knows if he’ll be able to train and fight again :frowning: sad day in mma

Brock has a bacterial infection.