Leroy The Machine Walker 705.5LB Raw Bench Attempt At LA FitExpo (2015)

What do you guys think? He was only able to hit 620 something 4 months ago then fail at 650. 2 months later hit 650 and 675. But i think next time he will get it and maybe end up passing Spoto at some point.

That’s insane. Where do these crazy raw benches keep coming from!? It must be something going around in the water haha. Any idea how old he is?

Once I got past the wow factor, I found it pretty interesting he didn’t use a thumbs around or a false grip but chose the middle ground thumbs across. Does anyone know anything about that or tried it themselves?

[quote]Fletch1986 wrote:
That’s insane. Where do these crazy raw benches keep coming from!? It must be something going around in the water haha. Any idea how old he is?

Once I got past the wow factor, I found it pretty interesting he didn’t use a thumbs around or a false grip but chose the middle ground thumbs across. Does anyone know anything about that or tried it themselves?[/quote]

he said something about on his instagram how he does it to keep his forearms from fighting with his upper arms. Which allows him to utilize more of his muscles in his press. The last thing is he compared his ideas of grip on bench press to that of swinging a bat. To loose and no power and to tight and you cant swing properly, find the happy medium.