LEO Encounters and Complaints

[quote]TheBodyGuard wrote:
And to the future jack-boot would-be future LEO from MD…

Any answer to my point of origin could give reason to search my vehicle or subject me to further detainment…

Robbery just happened? Car generally matching the description of mine? Admit you just came from that direction? Trouble.

Car matching mine purchasing drugs? Trouble.

Someone cut someone off, road rage, etc.? Trouble.

Under your logic, we should just allow searches of our property too, so we can be on our way expeditiously. I sincerely hope you mature a bit, or become better informed, before you’re ever allowed to become LEO. Sadly, you will be happily accepted into the ranks…because passing a civil service test is less difficult than passing a basic math exam. [/quote]

I see you do not understand how this works.

First, you need to be shaved and lubed at all times.

Then, if a LEO approaches you, you must “assume the position”, i.e. you bend over your car and slowly and sensually open your belt and drop your trousers.

Please remember to wear nice underwear and I am sure you understand that to carry a few condoms in your car at all times is important to ensure that you and the officer stay safe.

Also, make sure to smile and say thank you, your son should learn to respect authoritay, or at least develop a healthy fear of people with guns that will lie through their teeth when they “accidentally” shoot you dead.

Bonus video:

Trained professionels, all of them.

3 posts directed at me, calling me names, insulting, and saying you hope I don’t make it in my career path. No, you’re not hot headed, my fault. Refusing to answer the cop and tell him where you were coming from- you’re right, if he wasn’t suspicious about something before, that certainly wouldn’t have made him suspicious. He should have just ignored it and wrote your ticket.

You are a tool.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
You’ve got your wife/or kid’s mom and your kid in the car. If you’re honestly concerned about them, isn’t your best course of action to just comply with the request and get the hell out of there?
[/quote]

That is the last thing an innocent person should do! An investigation is taking place, don’t be idiot!

LOL…so this was just another Tueday night in Houston.

I get asked where I am coming from and/or where I am going whenever I get pulled over at night. Yeah, it’s bullshit…but it is hilarious that everyone else is just now catching on. I would ahve expected a mass response like this back in the lat 80’s…but I guess they weren’t focusing on everyone else yet back then.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:

[quote]roguevampire wrote:
under the 1st ammendment, you have every right to express yourself in anyway you choose. [/quote]

LOL[/quote]

yes, the 1st ammendment is funny. lol. try violating my liberties and we are going to have some major problems. bodybag problems, if you get what im saying.

What happened to “just do what they tell you”?

LOL.

I remember this being the normal advice to any minority back in the day as if the only reason they were getting pulled over and fucked with was because they all had bad attitudes and caused it.

Yeah, part of me is glad everyone else is waking up…but the rest of me just wonders what took so long.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
3 posts directed at me, calling me names, insulting, and saying you hope I don’t make it in my career path. No, you’re not hot headed, my fault. Refusing to answer the cop and tell him where you were coming from- you’re right, if he wasn’t suspicious about something before, that certainly wouldn’t have made him suspicious. He should have just ignored it and wrote your ticket.

You are a tool. [/quote]

Again, what does where hes coming from have anything to do with why he was pulled over. and like he said, what happens if some crime occured where he just came from, that gives the cops probably cause to search your car. now talk about traumatizing his child.

it doesn’t matter if the cop gets suspicious if he refused to answer the question. nothing the cop can do. all he can do is write the ticket and leave. if he has no warrants out on him, what else can the cop do. just write you little ticket and be gone.

[quote]dez6485 wrote:
Refusing to answer the cop and tell him where you were coming from- you’re right, if he wasn’t suspicious about something before, that certainly wouldn’t have made him suspicious.[/quote]

You seem to miss the point 'there is NO REASON for the question, none at all! The question is in-proper. The Officer may go fishing with their banter, but there is nothing suspicious about a citizen that isn’t foolish enough to fall for it. It is the Officers behavior after that point that seems suspicious.

So, why didn’t you do exactly what the officer asked and then pursue recourse later? Isn’t that the advice you gave in the other thread?

I don’t see this as any different than the other thread. Officer who doesn’t know the law detaining someone and issuing commands out of that ignorance. Did you not have the duty to obey? If not, why?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
So, why didn’t you do exactly what the officer asked and then pursue recourse later? Isn’t that the advice you gave in the other thread?

I don’t see this as any different than the other thread. Officer who doesn’t know the law detaining someone and issuing commands out of that ignorance. Did you not have the duty to obey? If not, why?[/quote]

a cops duty is serve and protect. if you have done no wrong and have committed no crime, you don’t have to listen to him. sure if he pulls you over, you have to pull over. but anything other than that, you are under no obligation to listen.

remember this one?

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

I don’t see this as any different than the other thread. Officer who doesn’t know the law detaining someone and issuing commands out of that ignorance. Did you not have the duty to obey? If not, why?[/quote]

[quote]Professor X wrote:
LOL…so this was just another Tueday night in Houston.

I get asked where I am coming from and/or where I am going whenever I get pulled over at night. Yeah, it’s bullshit…but it is hilarious that everyone else is just now catching on. I would ahve expected a mass response like this back in the lat 80’s…but I guess they weren’t focusing on everyone else yet back then.[/quote]

Abs !!!1!

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

Because there was an “investigation” which leads me to believe that there was also a “suspect”, which would be the perfect time to plead the fiiiiif!!!

As an LEO I can faithfully state that the OP’s course of action was appropriate and , in the interest of quality assurance, needed. There are lots of under-trained rookies and complacent veteran officers that need a “refresher” on the standards of conduct and letter of the law. I’m not saying that the officer in question should have any form of administrative punishment, but his supervisor should take heed and require some sort of remedial action in the form of extra training, or, making a house call and apologizing for the poor conduct. This would at least help rehabilitate his kids image of LEOs in general.

Please don’t group the entire LE community into one genre of incompetent assholes. The actions of a few shouldn’t speak for the community as a whole.

Just remember that in order to prevent other people from experiencing the same problem, you got to do exactly the kind of thing that the OP did. That is, doing the exact opposite of what that kid did in the PA Carry Video…

Fuck it, I’ll concede the point. I want to be a cop, yes, and I’m working hard for it. I’ve had no training in the area, so I only have a civilian perspective, and I’m 25. I’ve been pulled over, sure. I’ve been asked “why you speeding” or probably even “where you (coming from/headed)” and not thought much of it. Fine, guess it’s something to consider.

To insult me and all that, say he hopes I don’t get the job, etc, like this guy did, he’s still a tool even if he is right.

Perhaps someone can clue me in on how to “unsubscribe” from this thread now?

hmmm, no freedom is absolute even the first ammendment.

It may have already been said, but it probably bears repeating. BG was not under any obligation to answer the question. He politely declined. The officer should have just moved on, and either written the citation or not. I don’t know where he came up with the “hindering investigation” crap, cos up to that point, there wasn’t one.

More disappointing though, is the supervisor’s reaction. He obviously didn’t know what the hell he was talking about, either.

Shameful. As an LEO, it always irritates me when some rookie does something dumb. But…that’s what rookies do. They screw up. A dumb supervisor, though…that’s even worse. Cos now, who’s going to correct the original officer, and make sure he knows where the line is in the future?

One point that I don’t think has been made yet, though…there’s nothing wrong with the officer asking the question. If a person chooses to answer it, then great. If not, then just move it along. No need to get hung up on it.

Sorry bout your experience, BG. I was impressed with your letter, too.