T Nation

Legs WO advices

I do an Upper/lower split 4 times a week, hypertrophy purpose.
I though this new WO for the lower body.

A1
Squat 4x6
leg press 2x10-12
Barbell rear lunges 3x8 [before or after leg press??]
Single-Leg curl 2x10 (Eccentric)
hyperextension 2x20-25
Dumbell calf raises 3x12
seated calf raises 3x15

A2
Squat 3x8
front squat 3x8
Dumbell lunge 2x10 (no alternating legs)
Leg curl 3x6
hyperextension 3x15
Barbell Standing calf raises 4x10 [are reps too low??]
Seated calf raises 2x20-25

is this an appropriate legs training?
P.S. Yes, I know, but no deadlift for now

Box jumps, squat jumps, or just running stairs could a nice finisher to really burn them out…
A1 ? Yeah after leg press
A2 ? Maybe calfs suck for me so I go as heavy 80%-90% to failure hoping to spur growth
Looks good to me though

[quote]thehebrewhero wrote:
Box jumps, squat jumps, or just running stairs could a nice finisher to really burn them out…
A2 ? Maybe calfs suck for me so I go as heavy 80%-90% to failure hoping to spur growth
Looks good to me though[/quote]

^What he said^

By the way, when someone figures out the calf growing thing, can they let me know.

[quote]doublelung84 wrote:

^What he said^

By the way, when someone figures out the calf growing thing, can they let me know.
[/quote]

calf growth is more like a genetic heritage

[quote]death_ak wrote:

^What he said^

[/quote]

calf growth is more like a genetic heritage [/quote]
What zraw had me do…8 sets for 10-12 reps 4x per week, 2 days standing calves (calfs?) 2 days seated

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]death_ak wrote:

^What he said^

[/quote]

What zraw had me do…8 sets for 10-12 reps 4x per week, 2 days standing calves (calfs?) 2 days seated
[/quote]

Any Growth? I’m with death_ak on it being genetic. It seems like you get what you get. Not like you cant get them to grow but you’re either born with it or you’re not.

ok thanks…If everything goes right I am thinking to replace hyper-extension with romanian deadlift after 1-2 weeks

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]death_ak wrote:

^What he said^

[/quote]

[/quote]

Any Growth? I’m with death_ak on it being genetic. It seems like you get what you get. Not like you cant get them to grow but you’re either born with it or you’re not. [/quote]
Inch and a half on both…but other than squats/deads/sports they were completely 100% untrained

what do you think about adding 20-30 minutes of cardio at moderate intensity 1 time a week ?? could compromise mass gains?
I want to do it just to mantain the cardio benefits

[quote]Jnatural wrote:
what do you think about adding 20-30 minutes of cardio at moderate intensity 1 time a week ?? could compromise mass gains?
I want to do it just to mantain the cardio benefits[/quote]

Shouldn’t be a problem. Just remember that if you are looking to pack on mass calories in must > then calories out.

[quote]Jnatural wrote:

Ah, always a balancing act when you add cardio work. Twice a week for 20-30 min will not bother your leg training; just avoid doing it the day before and after if you can. Also stay away for any high impact aerobic work, the cumulative effect of that pounding can add up.

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]chobbs wrote:

[quote]death_ak wrote:

^What he said^

[/quote]

[/quote]

Any Growth? I’m with death_ak on it being genetic. It seems like you get what you get. Not like you cant get them to grow but you’re either born with it or you’re not. [/quote]
Inch and a half on both…but other than squats/deads/sports they were completely 100% untrained[/quote]

That’s real good, at least you have seen gains.

[quote]Jnatural wrote:

just avoid doing it the day before and after if you can. Also stay away for any high impact aerobic work, the cumulative effect of that pounding can add up.[/quote]

Yeah, I train legs two times a week (on monday and thursday),then I think doing cardio only on sunday. Maybe I additionally do low intensity cardio for 5-10 minutes on upper day, the day after leg WO, just to loosen the muscles.

On sunday, I think I’ll do something like 20 minutes with an increasive pace and a final brief sprint just for fun and for self-testing :smiley: