Legs Twice a Week

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]Sterneneisen wrote:
BP: Some people stop 2" above their chest because going full ROM can place too much stress on the shoulder joint, for some people.[/quote]

people who have this issue shouldn’t be benching in the first place.[/quote]

That makes no sense.[/quote]

Why not? If you’re shoulders can’t handle the stress of a full ROM bench then there’s some rehabbing and/or technique tweaking that needs to take place before anything else. [/quote]

All of the lifters I know personally that stop short of a full rep. on bar pressing movements do so because they have ground their shoulders to sand. In the majority of the cases they did so by ignoring things like a warm-up, exercise form, proper ROM, appropriate resistance, and rest. It is not normal if you are unable to make bar to chest contact without pain. This should prompt you to 1)find out why you are deficient and correct it or 2)select a movement that doesn’t present the issue. Bad habits are hard to break and rarely lead to a big chest and shoulders. But, there are always exceptions…

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:
I’m a fan of two leg days a week, however I do a quad dominant day, and a hamstring dominant day (calves on both).[/quote]

Agreed…I have also goyt good results from single-joint movements/knee (hamstring curls, extensions, etc.) on one day and multi-joint/hip movements on the other.

I know myself personally If bench was hurting my shoulders going full ROM then i would fix the shoulder problem so I could go full ROM, i wouldnt ignore the problem and just go 2 inch above, that sounds kind of stupid/retarded/not smart

upper, lower, rest, upper, lower, arms/shoulders <— how i do it

similar to what blue collar said, switch what "movements i do on the two days.
first leg day i do “dynamic” work, like hitting the “less used” muscles with weird lifts, like side DB lunges, jump variations, lunges, crossover step-ups. higher volume
second day is the heavy shit, usually do squat AND DL, lower volume, heavier weights. seems to work well.

You dont want to overtrain your legs, just smash them once a week, you should be hurting the next day

Alright. Thanks everyone. I do hit them hard I was just thinking of upping the frequency to build them up to be proportionate to my upper body. lol. I think Ill have a quad dominant day and a hamstring dominant day. And I did bench yesterday doing full reps and it felt good, didnt do as much but that was obvious to happen. Thanks for the input guys.

I started doing 5/3/1 not too long ago and definitely increased weight and my squat/DL went up as well. Doing the 4 day split hits your legs twice a week. It’s like someone said before, one day quad dominant, the other hamstring dominant.

[quote]jldume wrote:
I started doing 5/3/1 not too long ago and definitely increased weight and my squat/DL went up as well. Doing the 4 day split hits your legs twice a week. It’s like someone said before, one day quad dominant, the other hamstring dominant.[/quote]

Yes 5/3/1 is exactly where I got the idea. I was doing squats and other quad exercises one day, and on the deadlift day I would do hamstring exercises (calves both)

[quote]scott115 wrote:
Alright. Thanks everyone. I do hit them hard I was just thinking of upping the frequency to build them up to be proportionate to my upper body. lol. I think Ill have a quad dominant day and a hamstring dominant day. And I did bench yesterday doing full reps and it felt good, didnt do as much but that was obvious to happen. Thanks for the input guys.[/quote]
So on one thread you are able to take feedback but on another you are a complete tool.

Weird.

Aforementioned thread:

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
too many people only think about the weight on the bar and completely disregard what they actually do with it[/quote]

That is so beautifully put that I think I shall steal it :wink:

BBB[/quote]
awesome you’re more than welcome to

[quote]JLone wrote:

[quote]scott115 wrote:
Alright. Thanks everyone. I do hit them hard I was just thinking of upping the frequency to build them up to be proportionate to my upper body. lol. I think Ill have a quad dominant day and a hamstring dominant day. And I did bench yesterday doing full reps and it felt good, didnt do as much but that was obvious to happen. Thanks for the input guys.[/quote]
So on one thread you are able to take feedback but on another you are a complete tool.

Weird.

Aforementioned thread:

Lol nah. I took feedback here and I appreciated all the help, however, I dont like smart ass remarks…I still have yet to get advice on supps on my other post.