Legs Not Progressing

hey fellas, i just got back into squatting about 6 months ago after not doing them for about 3 years after a back injury. it seems as though my legs have hardly grown at all if any, and im barely progressing as far as strength. i have been using a smith machine because thats all i had. do you think this may have contributed to the lack in progress? i was also doing leg presses and walking lunges. i am now in a gym where i dont gotta use that goddamn smith machine.

20 rep squats. My legs blew up on the program, and others have said the same thing.

Seriously, you WILL make progress.

have you gained any weight? That should be priority number one along with busting your ass. If your working hard and eating enough you will build muscle, I don’t care what equipent your using.

[quote]skimmy_jimmy wrote:
hey fellas, i just got back into squatting about 6 months ago after not doing them for about 3 years after a back injury. it seems as though my legs have hardly grown at all if any, and im barely progressing as far as strength. i have been using a smith machine because thats all i had. do you think this may have contributed to the lack in progress? i was also doing leg presses and walking lunges. i am now in a gym where i dont gotta use that goddamn smith machine.[/quote]

You’ve gained how much weight?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
20 rep squats. My legs blew up on the program, and others have said the same thing.

Seriously, you WILL make progress.[/quote]

How much weight did you officially gain?

I’ve been squatting EOD in the new year, and I’ll switch to that 20-rep program sometime soon.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

Seriously, you WILL make progress.[/quote]

Agreed, go find this thread where rrjc5488 documented his progess. It was quite good.

well when i started squatting 6 months ago i was about 190, im about 200 right now. i had to take a month and a half break from lifting because of working so much and getting back into school. i know i have a very good diet in order, but i think i am going to look into the 20 rep program everyones talking about

[quote]chillain wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Seriously, you WILL make progress.

How much weight did you officially gain?

I’ve been squatting EOD in the new year, and I’ll switch to that 20-rep program sometime soon.

[/quote]

Considering everyday weight fluctuations, I gained about 15lbs in 6 weeks. My legs blew up. I went from fitting into 6 pairs of jeans into fitting into two. I got stretch marks on the inside of my legs, and the beginnings of some at the top of my thighs.

Plus, if you complete it you’ll gain a buttload of mental toughness, as well.