Legs / Again / Focus

I am trying to grow my legs and take them to an important level. I have been training naturally for almost 3 years. I discovered the specialization and it has given me results. I want to continue doing it. I plan to do 3 weeks of high volume focused on the lower body and maintenance of the other parts of the body and the fourth week download and then return to high volume and do so for at least
least 6 months, what do you think about it? Any ideas to improve my strategy? thank you :pray:t2::v:t2:

I wouldnā€™t run ā€˜specializationā€™ on any bodypart consistently for more than a month or two.

Otherwise, sure - it could work.

Intensity is more important than volume.

2 Likes

Seems odd you didnā€™t mention what exercises.

2 Likes

I feel that I ā€œspecializedā€ on legs for my entire competitive years, after the first contest I entered. That was my lagging body part and it was half of my body.

3 Likes

I know your legs were a very prominent part of your physique.

Do you think you might have had better end results had you periodized your training? My understanding/belief is that specializing should not be done constantly, but that it is best used as a short term increase in stimulus to fuel growth. If that stimulus increase never reduces - it stops being so effective, going back to the old ā€˜too much volumeā€™ issue.

By strict interpretation of what most people agree is specialization, it could be said that I didnā€™t specialize leg training at all. Maybe better put is prioritization. I had a strategy that involved both ā€œsomeā€ intensity and much volume. I did not squat or leg press to failure (at least intentionally.) I did do both fairly heavy (always to 10 reps), except a few weeks of 5 by 5 squats to get to 495lbs.

I had a Leg Day (Wednesday) that included some ab work, but nothing else. And always took the next day off (and the day before). I deadlifted on back and chest day, so there was some leg involvement.

1 Like

I never felt that they were. I always felt that my legs lagged.

2 Likes