Legitimate Revolution Possible?

[quote]jre67t wrote:

Fighting irish is nothing but a fudgepacker. A demofag at heart and an internet warrior.[/quote]

Thanks for showing us all how to bring this debate back into the area of the productive. Ass.

Irish: Just because we prepare for the AmRev doesn’t make us all crazies hoping to cheer it on.

mike

[quote]jre67t wrote:

Fighting irish is nothing but a fudgepacker. A demofag at heart and an internet warrior.[/quote]

And this statement wreaks of peace ?

Your welcome Mikeyali. Im not really an ass. Yes maximus it wreaks peace. Though I do not believe peace is a reality.
Also I was just stating the facts. That is all.

[quote]jre67t wrote:

Your welcome Mikeyali. Im not really an ass. Yes maximus it wreaks peace. Though I do not believe peace is a reality.
Also I was just stating the facts. That is all. [/quote]

I sit here and think of a reply, but I see your mentality doesn’t deserve one. I have come to realize that people can and will disagree forever, but for you to go and talk shit like you do, you are not worth it. I won’t speak for Irish because I know he is strong enough to speak for himself, you sir have no class or respect. Take it down the road.

[quote]Thors Spammer wrote:
Just want to know what everyone’s thoughts are on if a revolution against the US government would actually be a possibility if the control of the federal government continues to increase beyond its constiutionality? (I’m talking about something similar to the French Revolution - the elite government getting overthrown by the trampled-upon middle class (who were effectively in poverty and thus the lower class))[/quote]

What would be the point?

LIFTICVSMAXIMVS - there is no point. There actually is no point in anything. Life is just one big government controlled mockery! We must all free ourselves from all forms of government to discover the true value of life! Ahhhhhhh…

…And back to reality.

People only revolt if there is some viable, preferable alternative that seems possible and has been logically presented. This is a tough time, but none has been presented-perversion of Ayn Rand philosphy notwithstanding.

[quote]Thors Spammer wrote:

…And back to reality.[/quote]

What prevents you from starting a legitimate revolution and why the qualification?

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
People only revolt if there is some viable, preferable alternative that seems possible and has been logically presented. This is a tough time, but none has been presented-perversion of Ayn Rand philosphy notwithstanding.[/quote]

Agree:

If the alternative continues to be 1) some Utopian view of 1700’s America and/or 2) an America where somehow, without any laws or government, people will not exert power and dominion over one another, but will simply barter and trade with each other and live in Eternal Peace and/or 3) is an America ruled by mere “survival of the fittest”…

Then people are not really being given a real alternative. They are being offered the Life of just about any Civil War ravaged Hell Hole in Africa over the past 50 or more years.

You don’t “revolt” in hopes of having a WORSE Life, despite how idealistic someone may paint it.

So my answer to the OP is “No”.

Mufasa

It’s always possible…We’re just not desperate enough.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
orion wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Wrong question to ask all the slobbering fringe on sanity that reside in this board. Half the fuckers who post here, the “libertarians”, they’ve already got their militia plans laid out like “Red Dawn.”

But no, it’s not going to happen.

It already is.

You just do not notice it because you expect tanks in the street.

All it takes is a significant portion of the people to say no-

You yourself do not take them serious any more and that is 2/3 of their act.

Pompous twits.

Says the douchebag foreigner that doesn’t even live in the fuckin country? Yea OK shit for brains. I bet you know what’s going on better than I do.

If things keep going as thet are, there will come a tipping point, a point at which it becomes more desireable to a significant number of people to leave the system. This happened slowly and horribly to the Romans. Hopefully, enough people have read Ayn Rand, to bring the whole rotten structure tumbling down ON PURPOSE.

[/quote]

My God. Life isn’t a goddamn Ayn Rand novel.

And if people didn’t rebel after having the semi-retarded, warmonger, pro-torture, anti-civil rights George II in there, they sure as shit aren’t going to rebel because Obama is following a plan (However misguided you might think it is) to get the economy out of the gutter.

Amazing. We had to put up with shit for brains for eight years where he demolished the country nearly in entirety, and we waited for the next election. Less than a month after a black liberal gets into the presidency, though, people were talking about a revolution. Unfuckingbelievable.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:

Irish: Just because we prepare for the AmRev doesn’t make us all crazies hoping to cheer it on.

mike[/quote]

I will be the last one to criticize anyone for being prepared for anything. In forty years this country could be a drastically different, much more dangerous place. I was just using that to illuminate a point… kind of like how Bill Maher said that the GOP is full of flat-earthers and civil war reenactors.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
jre67t wrote:

Also I was just stating the facts. That is all.

I sit here and think of a reply, but I see your mentality doesn’t deserve one. I have come to realize that people can and will disagree forever, but for you to go and talk shit like you do, you are not worth it. I won’t speak for Irish because I know he is strong enough to speak for himself, you sir have no class or respect. Take it down the road.[/quote]

It ain’t even worth a response.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
orion wrote:
FightinIrish26 wrote:
Wrong question to ask all the slobbering fringe on sanity that reside in this board. Half the fuckers who post here, the “libertarians”, they’ve already got their militia plans laid out like “Red Dawn.”

But no, it’s not going to happen.

It already is.

You just do not notice it because you expect tanks in the street.

All it takes is a significant portion of the people to say no-

You yourself do not take them serious any more and that is 2/3 of their act.

Pompous twits.

Says the douchebag foreigner that doesn’t even live in the fuckin country? Yea OK shit for brains. I bet you know what’s going on better than I do.

If things keep going as thet are, there will come a tipping point, a point at which it becomes more desireable to a significant number of people to leave the system. This happened slowly and horribly to the Romans. Hopefully, enough people have read Ayn Rand, to bring the whole rotten structure tumbling down ON PURPOSE.

My God. Life isn’t a goddamn Ayn Rand novel.

And if people didn’t rebel after having the semi-retarded, warmonger, pro-torture, anti-civil rights George II in there, they sure as shit aren’t going to rebel because Obama is following a plan (However misguided you might think it is) to get the economy out of the gutter.

Amazing. We had to put up with shit for brains for eight years where he demolished the country nearly in entirety, and we waited for the next election. Less than a month after a black liberal gets into the presidency, though, people were talking about a revolution. Unfuckingbelievable.[/quote]

The problem is that Obama is the exact same (maybe worse) then Bush, he has kept most of Bush’s people that now work under Obama’s administration and he is continuing Bush’s wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, I see no difference. If people hated Bush they should hate Obama.

[quote]nik133 wrote:

The problem is that Obama is the exact same (maybe worse) then Bush, he has kept most of Bush’s people that now work under Obama’s administration and he is continuing Bush’s wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, I see no difference. If people hated Bush they should hate Obama.
[/quote]

To say that Obama is the “exact same” as George II is not true. The closing of Guantanamo and the uproar over torture is enough to make me happy for now.

Do I agree that he has not eliminated policies I despise? Yes. If in the next four years, the PATRIOT Act doesn’t disapear, I will be furious. The Iraq War is of the same ilk, although I do believe that he will draw that to a close.

Afghanistan… I just don’t know. I’m not sure how I feel about that. What they tell you about the country and what I hear from soldiers coming back are two different things. Honestly, I think you could have a soldier in every square foot of that country and it would still be fucked up. It’s not like there’s even a civilization to fix. If you built roads, it’d be the first paved ones they’ve ever had…

[quote]Mufasa wrote:
jsbrook wrote:
People only revolt if there is some viable, preferable alternative that seems possible and has been logically presented. This is a tough time, but none has been presented-perversion of Ayn Rand philosphy notwithstanding.

Agree:

If the alternative continues to be 1) some Utopian view of 1700’s America and/or 2) an America where somehow, without any laws or government, people will not exert power and dominion over one another, but will simply barter and trade with each other and live in Eternal Peace and/or 3) is an America ruled by mere “survival of the fittest”…

Then people are not really being given a real alternative. They are being offered the Life of just about any Civil War ravaged Hell Hole in Africa over the past 50 or more years.

You don’t “revolt” in hopes of having a WORSE Life, despite how idealistic someone may paint it.

Mufasa[/quote]

This country will be neither decisively toppled nor significantly revived by force. Internal or external.

Sure a revolution is possible. As soon as cops start fire hosing, tear gassing, and billy clubbing the hippies who put the current prez in office.

Being in Pittsburgh and having a front row seat to the upcoming G20 summit(which draws hippies like a jam band festival) is going to be better than watching the Pens beat the Red Wings. Given our fair cities police forces tendency to over react and kill people on a regular basis, combined with the ensuing disillusionment of the people who elected “change”, I’m betting that the revolution starts here.

It just won’t be started by the political right. It will be started by the trust fund left, and will involve a bunch of ineffective protest, some dope smoking, and maybe some Dave Matthews.

Then it will fizzle once everybody runs out of weed. Unfortunately a couple of hippies will probably be asphyxiated somehow while in police custody.

Is the Cap-In-Trade thing our equivalent to the Smoot-Hawley tariff, that did so much damage in the early 30’s? We couldn’t sell overseas so markets got flooded, prices collapsed and we had a deflationary depression. The Cap thing will raise prices (a lot) in an economy having a horrific recession. Its in effect a tax hike.

Will Cap turn that into another Great Depression?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Mufasa wrote:
jsbrook wrote:

Agree:

Mufasa

This country will be neither decisively toppled nor significantly revived by force. Internal or external.[/quote]

Agree. (knowing full well that you have a lot more on your mind than a one-liner, Tiribulus!)

Mufasa

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Sure a revolution is possible. As soon as cops start fire hosing, tear gassing, and billy clubbing the hippies who put the current prez in office.

Being in Pittsburgh and having a front row seat to the upcoming G20 summit(which draws hippies like a jam band festival) is going to be better than watching the Pens beat the Red Wings. Given our fair cities police forces tendency to over react and kill people on a regular basis, combined with the ensuing disillusionment of the people who elected “change”, I’m betting that the revolution starts here.

It just won’t be started by the political right. It will be started by the trust fund left, and will involve a bunch of ineffective protest, some dope smoking, and maybe some Dave Matthews.

Then it will fizzle once everybody runs out of weed. Unfortunately a couple of hippies will probably be asphyxiated somehow while in police custody.
[/quote]

LOL!!!

Yep!

You wanna’ see a Revolution? Take away a persons guns or weed!

(Note: I know a few gun-toting, Far Right individuals who smoke weed, by the way! No way in Hell they are giving up the Jack Daniels; but they do love themselves a Bong Hit!)

That was some FUNNY stuff, SkyzykS!

Mufasa