Legit Reasons Not to Get a Flu Vaccine

Dude are you serious? Getting a flu shot is awesome. It’s like a big ego trip every year. First of all try and find a cute nurse.

Cute Nurse: “Okay roll up your sleeve please”

*rolls up sleeve

Cute Nurse: “Sir please stop flexing”

Me: “I’m not flexing”

Cute Nurse: “Okay just relax your arm”

*shakes arm loosely

Me: “That’s as soft as it gets”

Cute Nurse: “I’m gonna need a bigger needle”

Don’t get it cause it’s a scam. It’s about making billions of dollars not keeping people healthy. If you’re in the health industry why in the world would you sell a product that prevented people from actually needing your services in the future? Doesn’t make sense.

People who get the flu have weak genes.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Dude are you serious? Getting a flu shot is awesome. It’s like a big ego trip every year. First of all try and find a cute nurse.

Cute Nurse: “Okay roll up your sleeve please”

*rolls up sleeve

Cute Nurse: “Sir please stop flexing”

Me: “I’m not flexing”

Cute Nurse: “Okay just relax your arm”

*shakes arm loosely

Me: “That’s as soft as it gets”

Cute Nurse: “I’m gonna need a bigger needle”[/quote]

Thank you for the morning LULz.

Nicely done sir.

What? 2 doctors in this thread? I thought we only had once resident doc here on T Nat?

[quote]DSSG wrote:
Can anyone give me a legitimate reason not to get a flu vaccine?[/quote]

Immunotherapy or other treatments that change the way the immune system functions.

Its not paleo.

[quote]gregron wrote:
People who get the flu have weak genes.[/quote]

FYI, recent research points to the flu being mostly psychosomatic in nature for the vast majority of individuals.

[quote]gregron wrote:
What? 2 doctors in this thread? I thought we only had once resident doc here on T Nat?[/quote]

Lol, everyone is a Dr on the internet Greg, have you not figured this out.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
What? 2 doctors in this thread? I thought we only had once resident doc here on T Nat?[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote]imhungry wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[/quote]
[/quote]
Awesome

[quote]debraD wrote:
BUT if said healthy adult spends any time around vulnerable people, getting the shot might decrease the risk for the people around them and in that case getting the shot would be the right thing to do.[/quote]
This. Herd immunity. You’re very unlikely to die from flu, but there’s a risk you can infect someone who will.

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:
BUT if said healthy adult spends any time around vulnerable people, getting the shot might decrease the risk for the people around them and in that case getting the shot would be the right thing to do.[/quote]
This. Herd immunity. You’re very unlikely to die from flu, but there’s a risk you can infect someone who will.[/quote]
Silly man, this has nothing to do with trying to reduce death, this has to do with Big Pharma making money. When oh when will you all not learn. We never had death, disease or health issues in this world, when we all ate grass feed yak, bald eagles eggs and water from a Alaskan glazier.

I think I have the flu right now.

I haven’t been sick in over a decade, but with recent late nights working, 3 parties last weekend (I’m sure I picked it up at one of them), back doing DC workouts, I’m probably a bit taxed in the immune department.

Feel sluggish, tired, and achy… but not severely. I’ve been on a lot of fish oils, D3 and C.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:
This. Herd immunity. You’re very unlikely to die from flu, but there’s a risk you can infect someone who will.[/quote]
Silly man, this has nothing to do with trying to reduce death, this has to do with Big Pharma making money. When oh when will you all not learn. We never had death, disease or health issues in this world, when we all ate grass feed yak, bald eagles eggs and water from a Alaskan glazier. [/quote]

glacier … the word you’re looking for is glacier … carry on :slight_smile:

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:
Silly man, this has nothing to do with trying to reduce death, this has to do with Big Pharma making money. When oh when will you all not learn. We never had death, disease or health issues in this world, when we all ate grass feed yak, bald eagles eggs and water from a Alaskan glazier. [/quote]

glacier … the word you’re looking for is glacier … carry on :)[/quote]

No, Derek was right. The water was supplied by an Alaskan construction professional who selects, cuts, installs, replaces, and removes residential, commercial, and artistic glass.

[quote]polo77j wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:

glacier … the word you’re looking for is glacier … carry on :)[/quote]
Lol, doing to many things at one time. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was a semi serious question… And the thread turned into a troll thread xD. Anyway, back to trolling. I will also just get it from a single dose (which doesn’t have the thimerosal) or not get vaccinated at all for it. Also on a side note, you got this, we can do this, do it together…

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[/quote]

Ummmm that’s Dr Greg to you Derek.

I didn’t spend six years in Evil Medical School to just be called mister, thank you very much.

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[/quote]

Ummmm that’s Dr Greg to you Derek.

I didn’t spend six years in Evil Medical School to just be called mister, thank you very much.[/quote]

But I am on the internet so I do not respect you at all, you could be a dentist or chiro.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]kakno wrote:

[quote]debraD wrote:
LOL! I should have known.