Legit 405lbs x 20 Squats?

Can anyone here do a LEGIT set of 405 x 20 squats? I don’t mean quareters of halfs…I mean a 20 rep set of parallel or below barbell squats.

I heard from some punk loser that 405 x 20 is quote “Not that much”. I personally have never seen it done. I’m not talking by some juiced up 300lbs monster either. Just the avg T-Nation lifter (natt or not).

You gotta admit that 405lbs parallel squats is one helluva accomplishment. I bet there are several NFL players, despite the fact they

I can, all though I never cared to try.

I did 500x9 when had like a 620 squat and later on I got up to 605x3 so if I did maybe 2 high rep workouts Im sure I could have got 405x20

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/myTNation.do?id=204431&section=Videos#815

Check out this guy, I was impressed, look at his videos of the 200kg 20 rep squats

Did the guy who told you that also mention that he can restpause the 120 lb db’s for 50 on incline press?

hmm that did not look like 200kg, looked like 2 plates hard to tell from the angle. Squats were high also but if that was 200kg then wow.

405 x 20 is very impressive not many people will ever be able to do that with great form.

if the “average lifter” can squat 400 for reps than i think i’ll quit lifting and life in general

I don’t bodybuild, but I remember some loser in a forum claiming 600x10.

There are people that can do 400x20, i don’t doubt that, but not me.

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
if the “average lifter” can squat 400 for reps than i think i’ll quit lifting and life in general [/quote]

Depends on your perspective:

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/cyberpump2.htm

One of my favorite articles from Dr. Ken…

405x20 is very strong.
It’s not exceptional, but still very strong and takes dedication

www.gridironincny.com/videos/#

heres a link to a vid of Dr. Leistner hitting 23 reps with 405 pretty amazing (classic dr ken squat)

I’ve watched him in person roll up a metal frying pan like it was aluminum foil… ill look around for the vid of that

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
405x20 is very strong.
It’s not exceptional, but still very strong and takes dedication[/quote]

I think it can’t be done by some people, I mean look at it this way the average seasoned lifter would be 5’8, 200-220 that is double bodyweight or near that for 20 good reps. It becomes much easier if you add a lot more size like 300+ monsters and are doing parallel or higher reps. Its still insanely hard but much more doable. I can’t really see many natural or not lifters at 200lbs hitting 405 for 20 deep squats.

Then again you will have freaks that make it look stupid easy like tom platz who reps out 525 20+ out of retirement at like 200 lbs for perfect full squats.

[quote]shizen wrote:
Airtruth wrote:
405x20 is very strong.

I think it can’t be done by some people, I mean look at it this way the average seasoned lifter would be 5’8, 200-220 that is double bodyweight or near that for 20 good reps. It becomes much easier if you add a lot more size like 300+ monsters and are doing parallel or higher reps. Its still insanely hard but much more doable. I can’t really see many natural or not lifters at 200lbs hitting 405 for 20 deep squats.

Then again you will have freaks that make it look stupid easy like tom platz who reps out 525 20+ out of retirement at like 200 lbs for perfect full squats. [/quote]

I agree, by exceptional I meant breaking world records. I don’t think it can be done by everyone, but if you took the so called “average man” 5’9 175lbs skinny/fat, and put him on the proper diet and training program i think in his lifetime he will be able to do it. I also think when he can do it he will be very strong.

So in response to the OP, in my opinion it “Is that much”, because how many people will have the dedication and strength it takes to do that.

Great honest posts w/ which I totally agree. To paraphrase Arthur Jones > 300lbs is enough for most lifters to get all they’re gonna get outta squats, and certainly in all cases never more than 400lbs for 20. I’m not saying by any means that it can’t be done (Platz juiced example) but I’d wager to say the 90% of lifters simply can’t do it.

Would most here agree w/ that?

[quote]shizen wrote:
Airtruth wrote:
405x20 is very strong.

Then again you will have freaks that make it look stupid easy like tom platz who reps out 525 20+ out of retirement at like 200 lbs for perfect full squats. [/quote]

I can’t do it and neither can an average lifter. But sure there are some above average lifters out there that can do it.

“How many people will have the dedication and strength it takes to do that”

^ Exactly correct-a-mundo!

It never ceases to make me laugh when some punk says “_____ is not that much”. Then when you get they’re pussy asses in the gym under ____lbs they’ve got every punk excuse (knees, back, wrists, shoulder, etc.) why they can’t do it that very moment.

Its no different than running the 100yrd dash in ____ secs or hitting a golf ball ____ yards. I hate pusses who lie about they’re physical abilities then either don’t put out or even worse try to BS they’re way out of backing up they’re mouths.

BTW, I can NOT do it. I hopefully will get withing 50lbs or so this cycle.

I was able to do this in my early thirties. I was a devoted maniac at that time to lifting and eating and nothing much more and had been hard at it for about three or four years leading up to this. I also was on a cycle of test and tren so had a little assistance when this was done. I did a twenty rep set with 405 breaking parallel. This wasn’t ass to grass. The most I worked up to was 500 for ten breaking parallel.

My legs were always my strong point. I still squat to maintain my legs and can hit ten deep reps with 315 and fairly easily hit 20 with 225 ass to grass.

Just wanted to emphasize at that time I was devoted to lifting, ate completely on a pre-planned schedule, and had some chemical assistance from first prohormones and then the real thing.

Judging from the replies, it sounds like most on this board would not believe then that Dr. Ken’s adopted son, Kevin Tolbert, reportedly full squatted 600x30?

This guy can do it. 40 rep Squats - YouTube

[quote]shizen wrote:
hmm that did not look like 200kg, looked like 2 plates hard to tell from the angle. Squats were high also but if that was 200kg then wow.

405 x 20 is very impressive not many people will ever be able to do that with great form. [/quote]

I agree, it didn’t look like 200kg, but it is hard to tell. The girl distracted me from time to time anyways.

Justin Harris. Very legit depth.