T Nation

'Legend of Conan' to be a Sequel

I do seriously love the original.... what are the chances this produces something of similar caliber and not just another "The Destroyer" nonsense?

S

Without John Milius’s(Apocalypse Now, Dirty Harry) dialogue? None.

it’ll be a shitey remake the way all shitey remakes are shitey remakes. Even if it is technically a sequel, it’ll still be a shitey remake.

[quote]Yogi wrote:
it’ll be a shitey remake the way all shitey remakes are shitey remakes. Even if it is technically a sequel, it’ll still be a shitey remake.[/quote]

this

I predict Arnold will die while on location.

Just a weird hunch.

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

Just a weird hunch. [/quote]
He would do it just to increase ratings.

In an article I read they said "think ‘unforgiven’ " No matter what the reviews are this movie will get my $7.50 at the theater.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

Just a weird hunch. [/quote]
He would do it just to increase ratings.[/quote]

LOL! Typical Arnold!

No no no no no.

It’ll be a piece of shit. I swear it will.

I grew up in the 80s and never did I think “Man, I really want to see the future lives of Arnold’s characters when they’re old, gray and weak.

Same goes for Harrison Ford.

I think Harrison Ford has very smartly grown into the playing of older characters. He actually has acting chops. With Arnold, let’s face it, we didn’t love the original because of his deep emotional portrayal of our favorite cimmerian.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
I think Harrison Ford has very smartly grown into the playing of older characters. He actually has acting chops. With Arnold, let’s face it, we didn’t love the original because of his deep emotional portrayal of our favorite cimmerian.

S[/quote]

Speak for your self, sir!

But seriously, there is a group of people that analyze the Conan cannon in minutia. I stumbled onto a podcast a few months ago where they went in depth about how philosophical the original was and how it was a statement on the human condition in modern life. They also felt that Conan the Destroyer was utter crap, but Red Sonya was passable.

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

S[/quote]

But seriously, there is a group of people that analyze the Conan cannon in minutia. I stumbled onto a podcast a few months ago where they went in depth about how philosophical the original was and how it was a statement on the human condition in modern life. They also felt that Conan the Destroyer was utter crap, but [i]Red Sonya was passable. [i] [/quote]

I can understand the first part, but all credibility goes out the window with that last part. LOL

Who gives a shit, there’s gonna be another Conan!!!

How can anything possibly come close to the original Conan?

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

S[/quote]

But seriously, there is a group of people that analyze the Conan cannon in minutia. I stumbled onto a podcast a few months ago where they went in depth about how philosophical the original was and how it was a statement on the human condition in modern life. They also felt that Conan the Destroyer was utter crap, but [i]Red Sonya was passable. [i] [/quote]

I can understand the first part, but all credibility goes out the window with that last part. LOL[/quote]

ah c’mon, red Sonja was ok…

this was an epic of epic proportions with Bridgett Neilson.

Sure the story was weak and the acting was lackluster…Bridgett Neilson!

[quote]Yogi wrote:

[quote]CLUNK wrote:

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

S[/quote]

I can understand the first part, but all credibility goes out the window with that last part. LOL[/quote]

ah c’mon, red Sonja was ok…[/quote]

Forgettable, really.
Well, to be honest, I was on a date with my then GF (now my wife) when that movie was released. I was probably really mentally distracted with her beside me to pay much attention to the film.

You guys don’t remember at the end, when old Conan is sitting on a throne, kinda bearded and scowling? The old Asian guy is talking about how Conan would go on to be a King, and do all kinds of stuff, “but that is a story for another time.”

I’ve been waiting for this movie since I saw the first one!

Old Terminator doesn’t make any sense. How do you get an old robot?

But old Conan? That makes perfect sense. I’m anxious to see it!

What is best in Life?
-To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women.

I don’t want Yogi to be right. Hopefully this will not be a CGI, Greenscreen, bullshit movie.

Would you guys watch a “They Live” sequel if it had Roddy Piper?