T Nation

Legend Fitness Equipment Setup

After a lengthy review of products, I just placed my equipment order with Legend Fitness (www.legendfitness.com). Have been looking at commercial grade equipment, not the crap that normally sells for the home gym. Thought I’d share since I started a lot of my searching here on T-Nation looking for personal feedback on equipment.

Ordered the following… ( http://www.legendfitness.com/equip_files/free_weight_machines.html )
Rack #3133 with parallel grips on chin bar
3 way utility bench #3103
Lat pulldown/low row with side loading plate carriage #3136

Equipment looks to be top of the line (Browns and Louie Simmons use them), the people have been great to work with, and the price was very reasonable.

Looking forward to delivery in about 4 weeks, will update with photos and final feedback.

No more squat rack curls, weights all over the gym, and pansy ass music!!! Can’t wait!!!

nice, how much did it set you back?

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
nice, how much did it set you back?[/quote]

The equipment retails for $2500, but I paid less than that with shipping to Ohio.

[quote]74 wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

The equipment retails for $2500, but I paid less than that with shipping to Ohio.

[/quote]

“Less than that” could mean a lot of things. Care to elaborate?

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
74 wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:

“Less than that” could mean a lot of things. Care to elaborate? [/quote]

Yes, please do.

I’ll leave the final numbers to the Legend Fitness staff. I worked with Kelly Smith, the president of Legend. (kelly@legendfitness.com).

All I can say is that if you are interested in equipment, check them out. I was extremely pleased with the prices I received, much better than what I expected after seeing comparable equipment prices from other companies.

[quote]74 wrote:
I’ll leave the final numbers to the Legend Fitness staff. [/quote]

Sounds like you got hosed.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
74 wrote:
I’ll leave the final numbers to the Legend Fitness staff.

Sounds like you got hosed.[/quote]

I have my final numbers, I was referring to prices for you, I am just not sharing mine.

To each their own, check the numbers against elitefts. Their 3x3 rack is $1500 with shipping, their lat pull/low row plate loaded is about $1250. Right there you have $2700 and you still don’t have a bench yet. Not to mention being in Ohio I have to pay sales tax to elite.

So I think that I more than came out ahead versus what else was available in comparable quality.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
74 wrote:

Sounds like you got hosed.[/quote]

I typically don’t do business with companies that don’t list prices. I don’t like giving out personal information when I’m just browsing. If “call for price”, they are not considered.

[quote]74 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
74 wrote:

To each their own, check the numbers against elitefts. Their 3x3 rack is $1500 with shipping, their lat pull/low row plate loaded is about $1250. Right there you have $2700 and you still don’t have a bench yet. Not to mention being in Ohio I have to pay sales tax to elite.
[/quote]

Probably because elite is overpriced.

With a little research on line you can find their price list. Additionally, look to any company with COMPARABLE quality equipment elite, York, Power-Lift, Samson and no one comes close with price.

Remember I am not looking for Tuff Stuff, Parabody, or bodysolid garbage. I am looking for actual strength and conditioning quality equipment that could be used in a professional/collegiate setting.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
74 wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
74 wrote:

Probably because elite is overpriced.

[/quote]

I think so also, but their equipment is highly referenced on this site, so they served as my starting point. Additionally, elite has great customer service but I do believe their equipment is pricey.

[quote]Chewie wrote:
LankyMofo wrote:
74 wrote:

I typically don’t do business with companies that don’t list prices. I don’t like giving out personal information when I’m just browsing. If “call for price”, they are not considered. [/quote]

Never been to a doctor? (regarding published prices)

You can get info/prices on any equipment by simply e-mailing them with the products you are interested in.

Every major strength and conditioning equipment provider (Power-lift, Samson, York, etc) requires you to submit for a proposal. You get the numbers back and have to determine if the value is there for you.

I would love to be selling you a car because all I would have to do is show you the MSRP on the sticker.

[quote]74 wrote:
Never been to a doctor? (regarding published prices)
[/quote]

Yes. Actually, you can ask for the price upfront and get a good grasp on how much it will set you back. There is also insurance involved. This is not a good comparison.

Submit a proposal? Are you providing services for them? Werksan does not require personal information to get prices, neither does NYBB and that is naming a few off the top of my head.

Buying a car from a dealership is a terrible investment. Therefore, I don’t do it. If that is how companies that sell equipment are doing things, I’ll go somewhere else.

[quote]74 wrote:
I think so also, but their equipment is highly referenced on this site, so they served as my starting point. Additionally, elite has great customer service but I do believe their equipment is pricey.
[/quote]

Yeah, I don’t understand why they get so much coverage on this site.

Anyways, wfwclub has the best customer service I have ever dealt with.

I hope you enjoy your equipment. I’m just making a point.

I think you missed where I mentioned that you can e-mail someone in sales directly with the equipment you are interested in. I didn’t have to give any more information than my e-mail address. They didn’t even know my last name until I called to finalize the order and give a cc # and address.

[quote]74 wrote:
I think you missed where I mentioned that you can e-mail someone in sales directly with the equipment you are interested in. I didn’t have to give any more information than my e-mail address. They didn’t even know my last name until I called to finalize the order and give a cc # and address.

[/quote]

Do you realize you sound more like a viral sales campaign than a normal T-Nation member merely discussing equipment?

That, combined with your coy refusal to discuss price, and their not listing prices on their website as most other companies do, makes me dismiss them when considering who to buy from. Most companies aren’t afraid/unwilling to post prices upfront.

To recap my experience with Legend Fitness…

great price for comparable quality equipment

was able to get quote for equipment with only my e-mail address, through direct link from their website

great customer service

looking forward to great equipment that will last me a lifetime +

[quote]Nick Danger wrote:
74 wrote:

Do you realize you sound more like a viral sales campaign than a normal T-Nation member merely discussing equipment?

That, combined with your coy refusal to discuss price, and their not listing prices on their website as most other companies do, makes me dismiss them when considering who to buy from. Most companies aren’t afraid/unwilling to post prices upfront.[/quote]

Here is a realization for you. I am a sportsmedicine PT that specializes in post-surgical athletic rehabilitation. Prior to that I was a graduate assistant in strength and conditioning at a DI university. Before that I was an assistant with the strength and conditioning department of a major league baseball team. So, I guess I am not a normal T-Nation member.

I have no affiliation with Legend Fitness, only have been extremely pleased with their professionalism and prices and thought I would share with all. From my background I do know quality equipment and that was what I was looking for, not the crap most companies sell for home use. Forgive me for sharing the knowledge that I have gained over the past year. My “sales campaign” has simply been responses to the various things thrown back at me.

After a year of researching for REAL strength and conditioning equipment (not Tuff Stuff, Parabody, and Body Solid) I decided upon Legend Fitness. Through this process I looked into Power-lift (www.power-lift.com), Samson Equipment (www.samsonequipment.com), etc. Again, looking for professional/collegiate equipment.

Go to either of these sites, check out the high quality of their equipment, and then tell me if you see any prices. As I said numerous times, if you want a price all you have to do is either e-mail or call and they are more than willing to give this to you without having to exchange any of your personal information.

I was simply trying to provide information for those who might be interested. Unfortunately, this thread has turned into a pissing contest. Take the information and use it if needed, if not needed move along as I am.

Thanks for your willingness to share a good experience with buying equipment. Everyone will have different views on what constitutes a “good buy”. To each their own.