Legal Drugs and Botanicals

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
PEA + Deprynl is supposed to be on par with amphetamine. I heard it didn’t last long and the crash was just as bad though. [/quote]

Sounds like a nice combo. Speaking of Deprenyl (selegiline), there is a relatively newly released one in the same family called rasagiline, or Azilect. What I’d like to know is, is it better than Deprenyl, or similar? I haven’t heard too much about it yet. Deprenyl increased my libido somewhat, although it didn’t seem to lift my mood much.

[quote]
One thing not mentioned here is DXM. It is probably the strongest thing besides salvia listed. Kratom + DXM is INTENSE. [/quote]

I know about DXM. That does sound like an intense experience - especially combining it with Kratom!

Now that you mention syrups -

Another thing worthy of mention I suppose is “Sizzurp” or purple syrup, which is OTC codeine/promethazine syrup, mixed with 7-Up and a Jolly Rancher candy thrown into it. A couple of rap musicians have actually died from drinking too much Sizzurp, due to opiate overdose.

I haven’t done too much research, but I do know that rasagiline doesn’t have the methamphetamine or amphetamine metabolites that selegiline has. I always thought those were inconsequential anyways though. I would like to see the comparison of MAO-B vs MAO-A inhibition between the two though.

I haven’t tried codeine syrup, but I’m sure it would be good. Only problem is nausea. Doesn’t take much opiates to throw up. Even kratom almost always make me nauseous.

One more thing not mentioned is ephedrine. If used very rarely, it can be a quite nice stimulant. Of course caffeine should be mentioned too. For me, stimulants are more essential to having a good time than relaxing drugs are. I’d rather be anxious and happy than chilled and withdrawn - in social settings at least.

Thomas, ever heard of using PEA without a MAO-B, or would that require too many dosings, and at a high dose, to be effective?

I noticed in the article I posted that the dosage was 1-4g. I’m assuming that would be for without deprynyl or the like?

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
The Caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland perched atop a red A. muscaria mushroom.

JohnnyBlaze wrote:

They legally sell Amanita Muscaria (magic mushroom)

Point of interest: Amanita muscaria mushrooms have been used for their psychoactive and hallucinogenic qualities since ancient times. They grow wild in great quantities on the island of Patmos in Greece, home of John, the author of the Book of Revelation, which is absolutely the trippiest book of the Bible.

No coincidence there, I don’t imagine.

[/quote]

Holy shit I gotta go there.

One of my roommates has taken nutmeg baths to trip. Says it’s a powerful relaxant and that the application through the skin is considerably safer than internal.

Which I can believe, since I’ve heard that with nutmeg, taken internally in large quantities, there’s little difference between “Tastes like pancakes,” and “Fuck, I’m dead.”

[quote]cherub_daemon wrote:
One of my roommates has taken nutmeg baths to trip. Says it’s a powerful relaxant and that the application through the skin is considerably safer than internal.[/quote]

Now that’s a new one!

[quote]
Which I can believe, since I’ve heard that with nutmeg, taken internally in large quantities, there’s little difference between “Tastes like pancakes,” and “Fuck, I’m dead.”[/quote]

LOL

[quote]Diablo9845 wrote:
Thomas, ever heard of using PEA without a MAO-B, or would that require too many dosings, and at a high dose, to be effective?

I noticed in the article I posted that the dosage was 1-4g. I’m assuming that would be for without deprynyl or the like?[/quote]

It’s supposed to be pretty potent even by itself. It lasts for less than an hour I believe. I haven’t used it though. It is #1 on my list of chemicals to try.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
I have a very interesting little experiment planned, which upon completion, I shall PM the results of to a select few people (JB, TG and one or two others, only).

BBB[/quote]

Sounds exciting! Please do the research thoroughly before dosing, BBB. Well, I know that you are very experienced with chems, but play it safe anyway!

[quote]JohnnyBlaze wrote:
I have decided to create a thread on something I found recently, which are drugs not yet properly classified because they are in a ‘grey area’ of the law and still legally available in many places, but still provide for a powerful psychoactive experience.

Of course, I will provide the usual disclaimer that this is for informational purposes only, I would only encourage informed, responsible use - and if you decide to try any of the chemicals mentioned here, it is your own decision.

The first two drugs I will mention are Methylone and Mephedrone. They are similar to ‘designer steroids’ in that they are a tweaked version of MDMA and other illegal stimulants - in the same way that designer steroids are tweaked versions of real AAS - which would make these substances ‘designer drugs’ of some sort.

The law struggles to classify these substances because they don’t quite know what to make of them. They do not fall under the definition of an amphetamine, and that is the loophole in which they have been able to be legally sold in retail outlets and online stores.

Methylone is a structural analogue of MDMA. Its chemical name is 3,4-methylenedioxymethcathinone (while we know that MDMA or ecstacy is 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine). The abbreviation for methylone is MDMCat. It provides experiences similar to, but less intense than, MDMA.

At the moment, methylone can be legally purchased & sold in the UK and there is currently an online store running, known as Champagne Legals, that sells it by the gram!

Mephedrone (4-Methylmethcathinone, 4-MMC) is apparently like a cross between MDMA and cocaine in subjective effect. It has the empathogenic properties of MDMA and the stimulant properties of cocaine. It can also be purchased by the gram from the Champagne Legals online source.

Has anyone had experience with any of these?
[/quote]

Is Methylone legal in the US? This sounds like something worth looking into.

[quote]Itchy wrote:

Is Methylone legal in the US? This sounds like something worth looking into.

[/quote]

U.S. FEDERAL LEGAL SUMMARY
Methylone

REGULATED
No

STATUS
Not Approved For
Human Consumption

SCHEDULE
Possible Analog

Methylone is unscheduled in the United States. It is possible that it could be considered an analog (of MDMA), in which case, sales for human consumption or possession with the intent to ingest could be prosecuted under the Federal Analogue Act though we are unaware of any such existing cases (6/21/04).

Messing with Deprenyl + PEA is not something to be taken lightly. Deprenyl is a pharmaceutical, not a supplement. Restricting food because it is an MAO-B inhibitor wouldn’t be fun either.

Amanita Muscaria mushrooms are supposed to much more spiritual than fun. They also sound like a great way to have a shitty night with muscle twitches.

Also be careful about ordering any research chemical. They can be charged as analogs and possession of MDMA is quite a big charge in the USA. Sometimes the FDA/Customs may seize the research chemical and either send you a letter or a knock on your door from Big Brother.

Another thing, Methylone and Mephedrone use can cause the loss of magic for MDMA aswell.

[quote]SeanT wrote:
Messing with Deprenyl + PEA is not something to be taken lightly. Deprenyl is a pharmaceutical, not a supplement. Restricting food because it is an MAO-B inhibitor wouldn’t be fun either.

Amanita Muscaria mushrooms are supposed to much more spiritual than fun. They also sound like a great way to have a shitty night with muscle twitches.

Also be careful about ordering any research chemical. They can be charged as analogs and possession of MDMA is quite a big charge in the USA. Sometimes the FDA/Customs may seize the research chemical and either send you a letter or a knock on your door from Big Brother.

Another thing, Methylone and Mephedrone use can cause the loss of magic for MDMA aswell. [/quote]

You sound like you know what you’re talking about.

You must have heard about Methylone and Mephedrone before.

Any experiences you wish to share?

[quote]SeanT wrote:
[/quote]

The title of the thread says legal drugs. Both PEA and Deprenyl could be considered drugs, and both are non-scheduled. I wouldn’t take the majority of drugs in this thread lightly.

You’re way off about the food too. MAO-A inhibition is what causes a tyramine hypertensive response - not MAO-B. Deprenyl is a highly selective MAO-B inhibitor.

At normal doses there will be virtually zero MAO-A inhibition. Even at doses of 20mg+ (which I’ve never heard of someone taking), Deprenyl preferentially inhibits MAO-A in the brain relative to the gastrointestinal system. So diet is of no concern.

[quote]Thomas Gabriel wrote:
SeanT wrote:

The title of the thread says legal drugs. Both PEA and Deprenyl could be considered drugs, and both are non-scheduled. I wouldn’t take the majority of drugs in this thread lightly.

You’re way off about the food too. MAO-A inhibition is what causes a tyramine hypertensive response - not MAO-B. Deprenyl is a highly selective MAO-B inhibitor.

At normal doses there will be virtually zero MAO-A inhibition. Even at doses of 20mg+ (which I’ve never heard of someone taking), Deprenyl preferentially inhibits MAO-A in the brain relative to the gastrointestinal system. So diet is of no concern.

[/quote]

Deprenyl IS a prescription drug, it is not scheduled though, but some people think legal = safe. I’m not trying to fight with you here, just some people need a word of warning.

Ah, I was mistaken about the tyramine response. I thought it had to deal with both MAO-A and MAO-B inhibitors.

[quote]JohnnyBlaze wrote:
SeanT wrote:

Another thing, Methylone and Mephedrone use can cause the loss of magic for MDMA aswell.

You sound like you know what you’re talking about.

You must have heard about Methylone and Mephedrone before.

Any experiences you wish to share?[/quote]

Never tried Methylone or Mephedrone. Why try those when MDMA(pure, not that shit mixed with amphetamines or BZP) is better and easier accessed with the proper connections? While this is a LEGAL drug thread, Methylone and Mephedrone are in a legal gray area and I don’t feel like having Big brother knock on my door.

I have looked into obtaining Methylone and Mephedrone(mainly curiosity), but never attempted to obtain because I still live with my parents, and putting them at legal risk is not something I am willing to do.

Ephedra is a nice legal botanical, but it is ILLEGAL to consume. With proper precautions(testing each batch, using a SCALE that is accurate, and being sure to play it safe), it is quite nice(to use as an incense that is).

Tramadol is also looking quite nice, much cheaper than kratom and the dosing would be cheaper. Plus it is legal to obtain, but requires a prescription(possession even without a prescription is legal). Although the DEA put tramadol on a list of drugs of concern(meaning they might schedule it soon).

Deprenyl + PEA looks like a nice combo, but I am a bit nervous messing with MAOI’s. Be careful if one works at a job that drug tests, as Deprenyl can show up as methamphetamines.

Anyone here ever tried Kava? I don’t mean the capsules you can buy from the grocery store, but the real melanesian/polynesian drink.

It can be pretty powerful. I drank it with some tribes in Vanuatu (actually, the exact same tribe featured on that BBC show “Living with Savages”) and a few shells of it really have a nice effect. Sort of like valium mixed with marijuana, but no “haziness” or paranoia. If you ever get a chance I’d recommend it

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
Anyone here ever tried Kava? I don’t mean the capsules you can buy from the grocery store, but the real melanesian/polynesian drink.

It can be pretty powerful. I drank it with some tribes in Vanuatu (actually, the exact same tribe featured on that BBC show “Living with Savages”) and a few shells of it really have a nice effect. Sort of like valium mixed with marijuana, but no “haziness” or paranoia. If you ever get a chance I’d recommend it[/quote]

Or one could buy the bark online and grind it up. Grinding up kava makes it degrade much quicker(higher surface area, but aslong as it doesn’t sit for too long it should be good) Then soaking it in warm milk, strain with some cheese cloth, and adding some Nesquik is quite a yummy drink that numbs the mouth and tongue.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

It can be pretty powerful. I drank it with some tribes in Vanuatu (actually, the exact same tribe featured on that BBC show “Living with Savages”) and a few shells of it really have a nice effect. Sort of like valium mixed with marijuana, but no “haziness” or paranoia. If you ever get a chance I’d recommend it[/quote]

I have a friend from Tonga and I’d always see the elders around his house, drinking it with coconut shells out of a wooden bowl. It has a strange, earthy smell and is kind of sweet, yet watery. I never tried a whole cupful, only sips of it.