Leg training

I have a leg question for people out there that are active outside weightlifting.
I do a lot of sports with my legs. On top of weight lifting I play hockey twice a week, run on a regular basis and ride as well both mountain and road bike. The problem is I am constantly using my legs and maybe they are not getting enough rest. They are certainly strong but can’t seem to pack on the mass I would like. My leg workout looks as follows: Squat, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls and Calf Raises.
Any suggestions to help build mass without giving up my other sports? Or do I need to cut some things out?

The one thing you don’t mention about your workout is sets/reps/frequency. Regardless, your suspicion is correct, that if you can’t recover then do less. However, the only real mass excercise in there is squatting. Are you sure you are using a full range of motion?

Try the following for a leg routine for a few weeks and see if it makes a difference. If not, then it probably is either your diet or constant use of your legs that is giving you trouble.

A1) Stiff-Leg Deadlift

Tempo: 40X1

Sets: 3

Reps: 10

Rest: None, Superset with A2

A2) Squat

Tempo: 402

Reps: 5

Rest: 120 seconds

B1) Front Squat

Tempo: 402

Reps: 10

Rest: None, Superset with B2

B2) Deadlift

Tempo: x0x1

Reps: 5

Rest: 120 seconds

C1) Calf Raises

Reps: 6

Rest: 60 seconds

C2) Step-Ups

Reps: 5 (Per leg)

Rest: 60 seconds

If you are serious about leg development, then try waiting until your hockey off season and cut out the running and/or mountain biking. Most cyclists seem to have fairly decent leg development, so I think the running might be your culprit. I’m gussing you run distance? As for training, maybe split Quad dominant and Posterior Chain dominant workouts? Try OVT, Bring the Pain: Lower Body, or HST. Find a program that works for you, and stick with it for at least 4 weeks and no longer than 8 weeks.

I work them out once a week in pyramid style with these exercises.
4 sets.
1st set - 10 reps
2nd set up weight - 8 reps
3rd set up weight - 6 reps
4th set up weight - 4 reps