T Nation

Leg Training

I started taking my leg training more seriously about a year ago. every morning i do 5 sets of front squats for 15-20 reps moderate weight.sometimes i do bulgarian split squats like 3 times per wk.I go to the gym every 2wks and do 5sets of heavy leg press narrow stance.I do 5sets of leg extensions light weight high reps alternate,and i do 5 sets of heavy wide leged berbell squats sometimes mixed with one and a half squats.

What i noticed lately is that on my left thigh my teardrop is developing more than the one on the right and my sweep on the right is developing more than the one on my left thigh.

Can some one tell me how to fix this problem.
Thank you.

[quote]Iron boi wrote:
I started taking my leg training more seriously about a year ago. every morning i do 5 sets of front squats for 15-20 reps moderate weight.sometimes i do bulgarian split squats like 3 times per wk.I go to the gym every 2wks and do 5sets of heavy leg press narrow stance.I do 5sets of leg extensions light weight high reps alternate,and i do 5 sets of heavy wide leged berbell squats sometimes mixed with one and a half squats.

What i noticed lately is that on my left thigh my teardrop is developing more than the one on the right and my sweep on the right is developing more than the one on my left thigh.

Can some one tell me how to fix this problem.
Thank you.[/quote]

I experienced the same thing but on opposite legs. The problem was from not knowing how to keep my entire torso tight and stabilizing my hips. When squatting my knee on the side with the bigger tear drop would stay forward while the other knee would shift back. Once I learned to get everything tight and stabilize my hips, I’ve had an easier time controlling my knees. As a result their development has started to even out and I’ve experienced equal soreness in both sides and areas after every heavy workout.

The answer is to learn to brace your abs while getting your hip flexors and abductors involved throughout the movement. This will help you control hip position which in turn controls knee position.