T Nation

Leg Training

Im cutting at the moment, and have just realized that I need to add squats and deads into my program, I didn’t really have the equipment to do them before but now I do so Im gona add them, because everyone on this site wouldn’t be speaking so highly about them if they weren’t good.

Anyway, I haven’t beem training legs much for a while for various reasons, including being lazy, but Im forcing my self to start training them reguarlly and am wondering if theres a chance of size gain even though im cutting?

Size and strength gains while cutting are very possible for a bodypart you haven’t been training. strength gains while cutting for any bodypart is a good sign that you aren’t losing muscle.

[quote]11kamita wrote:

Anyway, I haven’t beem training legs much for a while for various reasons, including being lazy, but Im forcing my self to start training them reguarlly and am wondering if theres a chance of size gain even though im cutting?[/quote]

well, it mostly depends on your diet, you have now the advantage that your under trained, and any activity you perform will raise your metabolism, so you’ll bur fat.

There’s just no way around diet, i’d say is the 90% of the equation while cutting (i’ve never bulked so i really don’t know).

[quote]ACTrain wrote:
Size and strength gains while cutting are very possible for a bodypart you haven’t been training. strength gains while cutting for any bodypart is a good sign that you aren’t losing muscle.[/quote]

x2

If you have not been training your legs, size and strength gains are almost certain. Don’t freak out if you gain weight though. When I started trainging my legs seriously, I gained 15 pounds of clean mass in 3 months. Don’t be surprised if you gain some size on your upper body as well.

thats kinda what I wanted to hear, because i always sorta think of cutting as temporary, and because your not gaining muscle your sorta a month or two, behind where you would be if you were bulking, If you understand what im saying. So im happier that I will be making progress in musclular development as wel as getting lean.