Leg Size Question

Hello everyone, not sure where i should post this, so if this is the wrong sub please redirect me to the correct one.

17 years old, i have been lifting weights for 1 year and 4 months now. Mainly focusing on strength.

My squat 1 rep max is 300lbs(high bar atg) and my deadlift 1 rep max is 400lbs.(conventional from deficit and sumo)(Predicted maxes for both lifts are higher,i just haven’t properly maxed out in months)

I measured my legs and they are 22.5 inches at 5’5 height,139lbs bodyweight and ~12% bodyfat.

Is that a normal ratio or should they be bigger/smaller, taking my height, training experience and squat/deadlift strength into account?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

1 Like

If you’re training for strength, as you said, why does it matter if your leg size is normal? Quad size is going to vary based on genetics and doesn’t correlate well with max squat. If you want advice on aesthetics, post pics. If you’re interested in strength, stop measuring.

1 Like

I said “mainly” on strength, i have hypertrophy/aesthetics goals as well, that’s why i asked, sorry if i wasn’t clear enough.

What’s your wrist size?

That’s gonna depend on your other body parts. How big are they? Since you have been training for strength, my guess is they can be bigger. Your squat number is kinda irrelevant if you are asking purely about size. I only did back squats a few times in my lifetime, haven’t done them for years, and I will probably break my back if you ask me to squat 135 lbs (no kidding). But my legs are 24 inches (lean) bigger than most guys who squat 200 or 300 lbs in the gym. That’s because I train purely for hypertrophy and do what works well for me to gain the maximum size.

6 inches.

My wrist size is 6 inches.
Legs are 23.6 inches flexed.

Just post a picture dude, these numbers are worthless without visual context.

1 Like

Hmm…Exact same stats as this other 17 y.o. Only difference is the username:

Yeah, not sure what the deal is. This kid’s been a member for over a year with more than a few posts, so I’ll chalk it up to stupidity. We all get a pass on that every once in a while.

Plus, I did get a laugh at the redundancy of anonymous John Doe trying to use an extra-anonymous alias.

2 Likes

I think this is body image minutia

Your legs are big/strong enough to squat 300 at your size. Take that as a blessing at least. They’ll more than likely get bigger as you get stronger/stronger as you get bigger.