Leg Press is More Natural Than Squat

YEP.

Use immediately.

Jeez, another “which exercise is more natural” thread. That’s new.

This crap needs to stop. Who cares if it’s natural? If a lot of people can do it into old-ish age and be strong and/or look good, then there’s your answer dummy.

then use the legpress

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
TROLLED. All of you.[/quote]

Amen.

BTW any one know where i can a pair of jeans to fit my huge thighs from all the squatting? [/quote]

Wearing dresses works pretty well.

People say that the leg press is useless compared to the squat because the squat involves so many more stabilizing muscles, takes some of the emphasis off the prime movers, and allows for a greater training effect with less absolute load.

Then people say that unilateral exercise (split squats, single-legged deadlifts…etc…) is useless compared to the squat because the squat allows for so much more stability, allows more usage of the prime movers, and allows greater absolute loads to be utilized.

In short, people will always alter their line of thought so that the squat comes out on top. No wonder why it’s regarded as such a ‘sacred’ exercise.

[quote]alternate wrote:
People say that the leg press is useless compared to the squat because the squat involves so many more stabilizing muscles, takes some of the emphasis off the prime movers, and you get much more training effect with a lesser load.

Then people say that unilateral exercise (split squats, single-legged deadlifts…etc…) is useless compared to the squat because the squat allows for so much more stability, allows more usage of the prime movers and allows greater loads to be utilized.

In short, people will always alter their line of thought so that the squat comes out on top. No wonder why it’s regarded as such a ‘sacred’ exercise.[/quote]

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]Marzouk wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
TROLLED. All of you.[/quote]

Amen.

BTW any one know where i can a pair of jeans to fit my huge thighs from all the squatting? [/quote]

Wearing dresses works pretty well.[/quote]

Moomoos.

for the people that doesn’t understand why a natural is important:

your body is stronger, the muscles are in a more favorable position and the joints are more protected when doing natural movements, why because its movements that are where important to us when evolving, so our bodies grew in a way that made us able to do those movements. like we grew a more straight spine when walking one two legs more and more, so that walking becomes more natural.

I can sit and relax in full squat position, but it just don’t work as well when i have a weight on my lower neck/upper back( does it matter,you people know where i mean) and i don’t feel the muscles any more than when doing flat one leg leg press.

Although the only reason i started doing those is because the weight on the machine and is not high enough for both legs, i noticed that i can feel the muscle much more and push my legs much harder than when doing the parallel squat. and its more like real life squatting, because instead of something pushing you down, your pushing yourself away like when you stand up.

also, why should exercise choice matter that much? it should be intensity that the most important thing, eating enough to make progress. your not pussying out when not doing squats, your pussying out if you don’t train hard enough, or make time and plan to eat enough

the only thing i wondered about when deciding not to do squats anymore is if leg press trains the entire leg so that i don’t develop worse muscle balance. i already have that.

@ buildsomemuscle
legs muscle balance,
i read from someone i trust that quads should be 150% compared to hams.
We can use X load on leg curl till failure.
After rest we can use 1.5 times the X load on legs extension until failure. The same number of reps would mean good balance of quads/hams.
To correct we can prioritize putting the weak ones if we have them earlier in the training order to be freshser, more effective. Retesting about every 5 weeks will show what correction is in order if any.
Leg press, different feet position can target different areas.
All the best!

FUck yall, I work out my leggs on the smith Machine with my back on the bench and my feet in the air underneath the bar and BOOm I SQUAT THAT SHIT.

[quote]BHappy wrote:
@ buildsomemuscle
legs muscle balance,
i read from someone i trust that quads should be 150% compared to hams.
We can use X load on leg curl till failure.
After rest we can use 1.5 times the X load on legs extension until failure. The same number of reps would mean good balance of quads/hams.
To correct we can prioritize putting the weak ones if we have them earlier in the training order to be freshser, more effective. Retesting about every 5 weeks will show what correction is in order if any.
Leg press, different feet position can target different areas.
All the best![/quote]

Lol, because apparently leg extensions and curls test all the muscles in the quads and hammies? I hope you’re joking.

As to “natural” movements, if you’re training like a crossfitter, or just for “general fitness”, I can understand trying to emulate movements that seem natural to the human body’s likings. If you compete in PL, BB, strongman, etc, you simply train to be as good at those activities as possible while avoiding injury, which varies hugely from person to person, depending on individual strengths and weaknesses, and this whole “natural” thing need not be mentioned.

And considering this is the “bodybuilding” forum, not a “general fitness” forum…see if you can figure out where I’m going with that thought.

[quote]buildsomemuscle wrote:
yes squatting down is natural, but putting heavy weight on your neck then squatting down is totally different if you have relatively long femurs your balance will be all messed up, which of course makes it ineffective because its an awkward movement to do.

Now with leg press, its like squatting on some planet which has higher gravity, its practically squatting without the awkwardness of your upper body being pressed down against floor, all of the focus on the legs.

the best thing would of course be to have some sort of belt that could hold weight and you just squat down or something.

And deadlifts are more natural than leg press again, who squats down to pick up stuff from the ground honestly? you bend over pick something up and straighten yourself up again, aka deadlift except what your picking up is damn heavy. [/quote]

squatting down to pick things up is proper. lift with your legs not with your back, right? don’t put the bar on your neck when you squat. it should be above your anterior delts but under the top of your traps below that one neck vertebre that always shows (even on massive guys).

also when you dead lift you are just about doing a squat any way. ass down head and chest up while you pull the weight. only the weight ins on the floor instead of on your back.

unless you have a verticle leg press as opposed to one where the sled is on a 45 degree angle you’re not leg pressing what seems to be 700lbs. the angle takes weight away and is more like 400 or 500lbs.

[quote]e5dimasi wrote:

[quote]buildsomemuscle wrote:
yes squatting down is natural, but putting heavy weight on your neck then squatting down is totally different if you have relatively long femurs your balance will be all messed up, which of course makes it ineffective because its an awkward movement to do.

Now with leg press, its like squatting on some planet which has higher gravity, its practically squatting without the awkwardness of your upper body being pressed down against floor, all of the focus on the legs.

the best thing would of course be to have some sort of belt that could hold weight and you just squat down or something.

And deadlifts are more natural than leg press again, who squats down to pick up stuff from the ground honestly? you bend over pick something up and straighten yourself up again, aka deadlift except what your picking up is damn heavy. [/quote]

squatting down to pick things up is proper. lift with your legs not with your back, right? don’t put the bar on your neck when you squat. it should be above your anterior delts but under the top of your traps below that one neck vertebre that always shows (even on massive guys).

also when you dead lift you are just about doing a squat any way. ass down head and chest up while you pull the weight. only the weight ins on the floor instead of on your back.

unless you have a verticle leg press as opposed to one where the sled is on a 45 degree angle you’re not leg pressing what seems to be 700lbs. the angle takes weight away and is more like 400 or 500lbs.[/quote]

Who are you and why are you resurrecting all of these threads?