Leg Press is More Natural Than Squat

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
Babies all squat and pretty much all do it with perfect form. As we grow we lose the ability because we stop doing it. Ironically for this thread, squatting is one of the most basic natural movements a human can do. Its as natural as walking on 2 legs.

long femurs is pussy code for “it’s hard so I don’t like it”. Leverages may make it to where as a bodybuilder it doesn’t hit the muscles you want it to, but not being able to squat because of leverages is BS in my book. You can’t squat because you don’t have the mobility or you lack the will.[/quote]

Didnt know that babies squat all they long with a barbell on their backs…

Not saying that squatting with a barbell is bad, but dont think it is an natural excercise. Agree that squatting as a motion is natural, just not with a barbell on your back. I squat btw, but I suck hard at it.

[/quote]

With weight and a loaded spine (relative to their strength), yes. It’s how they pick up things.[/quote]

Would not that be more like a deadlift with a squat stance?

[/quote]

no. it would be similar to a goblet squat, but not dissimilar from a standard squat. The motion is a squat. Go pick up a big sack of potatoes and carry them across the yard.

Putting a heavy weight on your NECK…

I think I found your problem.

[quote]cjpierce wrote:

I think I found your problem. [/quote]

Neck? How in the world do you squat???

what the fuck happened to this forum? Fuck me.

OK you know what? Not natural? How is laying on your back and moving a pile of weight natural? You want natural, let me show you natural. You see that ass? That’s the ass that squatting built, so run tell dat homeboy

Also OP, how about just doing front squats if you have major bustin beef?

Why did humans evolve with curved spines? Why do our vertebrate have high compression strength?

I notice My spine has actually been really sore at the top from BB squats. However I still do them, may consider doing some front squats though.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
Why did humans evolve with curved spines? Why do our vertebrate have high compression strength?[/quote]

Because we are the chuck noris of evolution?

This thread.

[quote]Jackie_Jacked wrote:

[quote]cjpierce wrote:

I think I found your problem. [/quote]

Neck? How in the world do you squat???[/quote]
Exactly. Sounds unbelievably painful.

Ouch.

Sorry, but I’m not getting the ‘‘natural’’ part…why are people trying to prove or disprove exercises being natural? Not to be a dick, but does it really matter all that much? Or is it so one can do functional exercises?

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:
Sorry, but I’m not getting the ‘‘natural’’ part…why are people trying to prove or disprove exercises being natural? Not to be a dick, but does it really matter all that much? Or is it so one can do functional exercises?[/quote]

It really doesn’t matter. I think AirTruth made a good point of squats being much more natural than leg press. If an “unnatural” exercise results in more growth than a “natural” exercise, why would you do the “natural” one?

Want big legs? Do squats. Want bigger legs? Do squats and leg press.

I think this argument is total nonsense, If you want to talk about natural exercises then nothing we do is “natural” for the great part of human history we didn’t have squat racks, benches, or even barbells.

TROLLED. All of you.

To each their own. Some might eat 20 pounds of natural sand daily and gain weight fast.

[quote]BHappy wrote:
To each their own. Some might eat 20 pounds of natural sand daily and gain weight fast.[/quote]

[quote]gregron wrote:
TROLLED. All of you.[/quote]

ssssssssssssssurprise!

Leg press and ‘natural’ in the same sentence.

LOL!

[quote]gregron wrote:
TROLLED. All of you.[/quote]

Amen.

BTW any one know where i can a pair of jeans to fit my huge thighs from all the squatting?