T Nation

Leg Press Incident

So today I was doing my regular leg session which consists of a heavy 6rep set and lighter 20rep set. I loaded up enough weight (doesnt matter how much :confused: ) on my LP machine that I only managed 3 reps. I took a big breath and held it throughout the whole 1st rep, creating presssure (the kind of pressure that you get during heavy DL's or when you take a huge shit). I felt like my face was going to explode and the skin on my chest was going to rip from that pressure. I did the same for the following reps.

When I hopped off of the machine I could have sworn that my face was as red as a beet. I felt like ants were crawling all over my skin from the chest up and I had a feeling that my nose was about to bleed (it didnt though).

I finished my workout and went home. When I looked in the mirror I saw many tiny red dots all over my upper chest and shoulder area which were not there before. It actually looks like the blood was trying to come out through my skin.

So my question is: what is this? Should I be concerned?

ps : sorry if im in the wrong forum. im a noob.

Maybe have u been doing this exercise for many weeks now and u reached a plateau and that might've been the reason u were only able to crank out 3 reps as opposed to ur regular 6? And that made u use so much force that it made u rupture some capillaries thus resulting in the red spots or dots in ur chest? That kind of happened to me but with regular squats where i could no longer lift the same weight i had done the week before. It was so hard for me my legs just wouldn't give 100% it seemed... change ur leg excercise, try that maybe.

Actually I think I increased weight too much from the last workout. No way I could hit a plateau that early. I ve done that before, I'll just advance in reps next time.

Perhaps this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petechia

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I think you did, thank you for the answer.