Leg Length Asymmetry

I wanted to know if anyone has this problem or knows anyone that has it.
I really want to start weightlifting, thing is I have a 1 inch plus height difference between my legs. I use shoes with a lift, which isn’t that hard.
If anyone know someone, I would appreciate to know if it’s possible to weightlift with this problem.

Thanks!

It’s also possible that your legs are actually the same length, but one seems shorter than the other because of a lateral pelvic tilt. If that’s the case, that could be fixed. Just a thought.

[quote]ape288 wrote:
It’s also possible that your legs are actually the same length, but one seems shorter than the other because of a lateral pelvic tilt. If that’s the case, that could be fixed. Just a thought.[/quote]

Great point. It could be a number of issues like tight (and short) muscles. Best to get a hands on assessment from someone. Any GOOD ART/chiro wizards in your area?

B.

I wished it was that but nah, my bones are actually shorter on one leg. The doctor actually suggested bone elongation to correct it.
Thanks for the answers.

Leg strength discrepancy (not sure of the real cause) is probably the primary reason i developed some damaged meniscus in my right knee.

If your strength is imbalanced on bilateral lifts you are going to be putting excessive load on certain joints. Having a strength imbalance and then doing bilateral lifts in a ballistic fashion with heavy weights your pretty much guaranteed to screw yourself up eventually.

If you have even strength on both sides of your body you can very likely operate like a well oiled machine and beat the crap out of yourself consistently (in a good way) without alot of problems.