T Nation

Leg Injury and Warm-Up?

Ok I injured my leg either using the running machine(coming down to hard on the leg I think?) or from doing push presses? anyways it’s slighlty inflamed and throbs a bit.Now obv I dont want to train my leg/legs till this is healed, but I also dont want to quit training my upper-body.So what would be a good exercise to warm up on now I cant do running machine and or bike?

Thank’s

Use the dip machine and bring your legs straight out, then bring them straight up till your knees touch your chest or as high as they can go. That should keep them toned yet not hurt them anymore.

[quote]JLSparky7 wrote:
Use the dip machine and bring your legs straight out, then bring them straight up till your knees touch your chest or as high as they can go. That should keep them toned yet not hurt them anymore.[/quote]

Thanks that Good advice for an exercise while injured.But I need something that will help me warm up before I train my upper body? Today I just did stretchs and used a bar with out any weight to do some warm up curls and tricep extensions etc.Will this suffice for a full upper body workout?

You could try skipping on the one good leg , this will get the blood flowing to your upper body especially the biceps, shoulders and forearms. Do some crossovers and use a weighted rope if you can find one. To get the most feel in your arms make sure to bend them at a 90 degrees and tuck your elbows into your sides. Good luck!