Leg Frequency

I was just wondering how often do people train there legs? Im training them at the moment every 5-6 days but im starting to wonder if its best to train them once a week for knee health. I dont have any pain or anything but I would like to be in the game for a long time, would it be wise to lower the frequency then? I read in the T-Cell often and it seems like alot of lifters who have been at it for a long time have problems training legs.

What you guys think? And no im not trying to bitch out of doing leg day lol.

I have run the gamut over the years from a frequency equaling once every two weeks to my current routine of three times a week, and I’ve switched between high volume, moderate volume and low volume. I have to say that the current routine (high frequency, low volume, heavy weight) is taking its toll on my knees (no permanent injury, but lots of soreness that I have to work through). Still, I’m finding that the increased frequency has resulted in greater progress in muscle growth–my pants are all noticeably tighter in the thighs after only a few weeks using this approach.

Once a week with plenty of volume seems to work for me.

For a while I experimented with training them once a week and strarted throwing in “booster shots” on two other occasions in the same week.

For instance, if monday was leg day, I would work up to one heavy set of leg extensions and leg curls at the end of my training session on thursday and saturday.

It worked pretty well as I noticed significant inprovement in my strength when I got back to the actual leg day.

[quote]The Greek wrote:
Once a week with plenty of volume seems to work for me. [/quote]

x2

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
The Greek wrote:
Once a week with plenty of volume seems to work for me.

x2[/quote]

x3, only people with knee problems and mixing cardio sessions (me included) will find any problem with 1xweek, any less frequent than that I feel lazy.

I think twice a week makes a lot of sense, with 1 high volume day and one lower volume day.