Leg Extension Worthless

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]light_night wrote:

Wow…so now leg extensions don’t work anymore.

For all of the “just do squats” talk, there aren’t that many monster quads on this site.

Limit the range with extensions to reduce stress on the knees…but if you want really swole legs, you don’t ignore movements completely like that unless you truly are seeing more progress than most people from the action.

[/quote]
just asked if i couldt develope legs as good as if i would leg extension it is all,
of course i would like to do them but i have non of these machine [/quote]

Then you likely will not reach an “ideal bodybuilding physique” until you find more equipment.

That is just real talk.

You can make progress without it, but trying to act like it is useless because you don’t have access to it is senseless.

In reality, you need to do as much different shit as possible to look fucking huge in the long run.

No bodybuilder on stage ONLY does squats.

This is about hitting your muscles from many different angles…and you work with what you have until you have access to more.[/quote]
i can squat,front squat.lunge ,box squat,SLD,deadlift,goodmorning,etc
it isnt enough for get some exersices instead of leg extesnion curl ?

this has taken from article in this site :

"4. The Squat is the Basis for the Clean
A couple years ago, I was having a conversation with a physique-minded co-worker about obtaining the elusive teardrop. Sure, thousands of leg extensions will eventually get you there (maybe), but why not develop the quad thicker and quicker?

Some of the best legs on the planet belong to some very successful weightlifters, and one of the best teardrops you’ll ever see is on Pyrros Dimas, holder of numerous world records in the clean and jerk. What he didn’t do was a single, solitary leg extension, but he did do tons of cleans and front squats.

In case you’re not aware, the front squat is the foundation of a good clean. So if you could clean 140+kilos, what do you think your quads would look like?

Put the leg extensions on hold for a while and try full cleans for 5 sets of 4. Then tell me what puts on more muscle!"

A couple years ago, I was having a conversation with a physique-minded co-worker about obtaining the elusive teardrop. Sure, thousands of leg extensions will eventually get you there (maybe), but why not develop the quad thicker and quicker?

Some of the best legs on the planet belong to some very successful weightlifters, and one of the best teardrops you’ll ever see is on Pyrros Dimas, holder of numerous world records in the clean and jerk. What he didn’t do was a single, solitary leg extension, but he did do tons of cleans and front squats.

In case you’re not aware, the front squat is the foundation of a good clean. So if you could clean 140+kilos, what do you think your quads would look like?

Put the leg extensions on hold for a while and try full cleans for 5 sets of 4. Then tell me what puts on more muscle!"

[/quote]

Sounds like you have your mind made up.

Also lets see your massive quads sans leg ext

For all of the “just do squats” talk, there aren’t that many monster quads on this site.

Limit the range with extensions to reduce stress on the knees…but if you want really swole legs, you don’t ignore movements completely like that unless you truly are seeing more progress than most people from the action.
[/quote]

I use leg extensions every leg day lots of times at the beginning and end of my leg day. I feel they have helped my quad growth.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[/quote]

I use leg extensions every leg day lots of times at the beginning and end of my leg day. I feel they have helped my quad growth.[/quote]

I usually start with them.

It is like there is always someone coming along telling us that things that built giant muscles…now suddenly don’t work.

[/quote]

Sure, if I want to risk injury. I have built just fine teardrops through other movements besides cleans. Oh and I do single solitary leg extension.

[quote]Bauber wrote:

[/quote]

I use leg extensions every leg day lots of times at the beginning and end of my leg day. I feel they have helped my quad growth.[/quote]

I usually start with them.

It is like there is always someone coming along telling us that things that built giant muscles…now suddenly don’t work.[/quote]

Yes sir, you know you have to reinvent that wheel…

[quote]ryanbCXG wrote:

[/quote]

Sounds like you have your mind made up.

Also lets see your massive quads sans leg ext[/quote]
no man i have no any mind just give more information because if i will really need these leg extension i will buy it :S, but as i see in alot of article it isnt neccesery , or must for legs growth so this is why i am confused and this is why i ask your opinion becuase i dont want to buy something that i could get almost same result without him (money doesnt come from the trees)

i just asked if i could develope big legs witohut extension/curl yes/no why do u talking about everything except answering me :S
it is really important for me

You’ll pretty much be able to find supporters and shunners of just about every movement out there. You have to find what works with and for YOU. The only way to do that is to test the water. That particular article to me seems very bias about the movement, and so doesn’t give a fair representation of pros/cons (as most of the “cons” are either SUPPOSED to be like that or are a product of poor form).

I myself am following a Yates built routine currently. The leg workout has no squats, save for a machine hack squat, and is begun with leg extensions. SO far, i’ve been pleased with the results; however, that’s not to say that i wont change movements down the road.

it isnt enough for get some exersices instead of leg extesnion curl ?[/quote]

I am not sure what you are asking here.

Something is better than nothing.

That doesn’t mean you walk around pretending you have all basis covered just because you don’t have all equipment.

In my honest opinion, a person looking for big well balanced muscles needs to be in a real gym unless they can actually afford all of the equipment for their home (which is rare).

My quad routine at the moment is heavy front squats followed by leg extensions with slow negatives. You will have the pump/burn of your life with this. My quads stay tight/sore for several days after this workout. I’ve also had ACL reconstruction using the patellar tendon and as long as the weight is not overly heavy on extensions I usually feel just fine.

Do you need leg extensions to build large quads? No. Can you use them to build large quads? Yes. Thread over.

it isnt enough for get some exersices instead of leg extesnion curl ?[/quote]

I am not sure what you are asking here.

Something is better than nothing.

That doesn’t mean you walk around pretending you have all basis covered just because you don’t have all equipment.

In my honest opinion, a person looking for big well balanced muscles needs to be in a real gym unless they can actually afford all of the equipment for their home (which is rare).[/quote]
what more should i buy except leg extension curl ?
hack squat leg press i can do alot kind of squats instead of them
i got to my home gym almost everthing dumbbel, barbbell, bench, power rack ,dips, chin up height/low pulley and leg extension/curl attachment (with the plates)
what do i need more than it ?

[quote]Zoro wrote:
Do you need leg extensions to build large quads? No. Can you use them to build large quads? Yes. Thread over.[/quote]
ty for attention,
what do u think about the effectivity of the bench leg extension curl attachment ?

what more should i buy except leg extension curl ?[/quote]

All of that other stuff that gyms have.

[quote]Zoro wrote:
Do you need leg extensions to build large quads? No. Can you use them to build large quads? Yes. Thread over.[/quote]
ty for attention,
what do u think about the effectivity of the bench leg extension curl attachment ?
[/quote]

I used to have one of these (before I knew anything about lifting) and I found it pretty worthless but knowing what I know now I would definitely be able to use it more effectively and I’m sure you can as well especially because ‘money doesn’t come from the trees’.

If you use it in the way described multiple times in this thread then I’m sure it’ll do as a pre-fatigue/finisher for your leg workouts. Just make sure to squeeze hard at the top and experiment with toes pointed in/out/up towards your body, to focus on vl/vmo/rf.

All of that other stuff that gyms have.[/quote]

even arnold schwarzenegger didnt use more equipment than what i have + lying cur and seated extension ,
so why i need all the others equipment ?

All of that other stuff that gyms have.[/quote]
but every free weight better than machine so it make me think u just trolling :S[/quote]

Seriously come on mate are you thick?

I’m out. This is lunacy.

OP do sissy squats. You can grab onto something to make them easier, or hold a weight to load them heavier.