Leg Definition

I think you need to bring all these questions over to the beginner’s forum or start doing some research, I don’t think anyone here should need answer such basic questions like “how should I eat”. Chances are, unless you’re a recovering burn victim, you are not eating “a ton”, eat more.

[quote]sopos wrote:
thegreatearlpo wrote:
i have the damnedest time putting on weight - hence the 178 lb frame

then eat. ALOT

its actually kinda gross how much i eat - without getting too graphic i probably shit 3-5 times a day - does it help to eat constantly throughout the day in smaller portions, or should i eat 4-5 huge meals instead?[/quote]

Both.

[quote]sopos wrote:
A gram per pound? damn - hah i’ll work on that then - thanks for the input
[/quote]

You seem surprised. As if you think 180 grams is alot (1g per lbs). I’m already at 100 grams by 10am every day and I’m not even pushing it. You must be eating close to nothing to be only taking in 120. I think the average American who’s not even working out or trying to gain muscle gets more than 120 grams a day. I’d say try for more than 1g per lb. Go for at least 250 grams at the minimum.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
sopos wrote:
thegreatearlpo wrote:

then eat. ALOT

its actually kinda gross how much i eat - without getting too graphic i probably shit 3-5 times a day - does it help to eat constantly throughout the day in smaller portions, or should i eat 4-5 huge meals instead?

with only 120g of protein, I’d like to see a typical day for you[/quote]

hes only getting 120 g of protein?!?! Wtf I get that much in 2/7 of my meals. FIX THAT ASAP!!

OP suggestion for you. I can’t get all the calories in a day I need from solid foods so I use 3 shakes a day and 3-4 meals.

Suggestion for you since your diet is severely lacking in protein, Evan Centopani’s meal replacement shake.

3 scoops whey protein (72g) + 1 cup oats +3 tbsp mac nut oil or extra virgin olive oil. Have 3 of these a day along with the meals you are already eating. Put it in a regular shaker bottle and drink/chew. Tastes like cookies

It is not really filling and you will destroy your current protein intake from shakes alone. Do it.

Milk and Squats. You gotta eat big to get big.

Only size can bring definition.

Firstly, at 6’ your borderline anorexic. In comparison, I’m 5’7 (stretched on a rack!) and weigh 178-180.

What’s your diet like? You indicated that you eat pretty good, but I don’t see any sample diet - target for 5-6 meals with an ultra-heavy dose of lean protein, and that’s not including your PWO shake. Supplement if you need to, but you want around 2g of protein per pound of bodyweight and adjust bi-weekly based on your weekly/bi-weekly bodyweight.

In your workout, you mentioned 3 sets of squats, extensions, curls. Legs are a huge muscle group that can take a beating - Try for 5-6 sets 5-8 reps with the last rep to utter failure. If you can do 8 reps to failure it’s time to move up.

The iso-exercises are nice and all, but I’d put my bread and butter into the bible ~ squats (front/back) and deadlifts. I’d actually go for 8 sets of these to failure and then throw in your iso-exercises afterwards for 5 sets.

Edit: I was thinking about this, this morning and there was a good article a while back called the Skinny Leg Cure or something like that. I did a search and here’s the link:

Enjoy

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
OP suggestion for you. I can’t get all the calories in a day I need from solid foods so I use 3 shakes a day and 3-4 meals.

Suggestion for you since your diet is severely lacking in protein, Evan Centopani’s meal replacement shake.

3 scoops whey protein (72g) + 1 cup oats +3 tbsp mac nut oil or extra virgin olive oil. Have 3 of these a day along with the meals you are already eating. Put it in a regular shaker bottle and drink/chew. Tastes like cookies

It is not really filling and you will destroy your current protein intake from shakes alone. Do it.[/quote]

nvm i didnt read the whole post, its cause your not getting all your meals from solid foods…

increase your protein to at least 1.5 to 2.0 and do a lot of squats LOL!!!

Like everyone else said, you need to bump up your protein consumption. Once you have that in line, you should log what you’re eating for 3 days and then see how many calories you’re eating per day on average.

I would bet money that you’ll find you’re not growing because on average you’re eating at maintenance calories and aren’t actually in a surplus of calories. Fitday is a great program I use and I know a lot of others use to track consumption of calories as well as macronutrients.

I’ll jump on the wagon!

Eat More…at least 1.5 grams per bodyweight of protein. Your total daily calories is going to be more than 5,0000 to get it going in the right direction.

WHY?

The real question is… where are all the trolls getting their pics from??? Maybe its one metro-sexual dorm somewhere… one of the guys is on the V-Diet and says… want to watch the meatheads go crazy? Let me take a pic of you in your underwear and go there asking for help losing weight… hmmm…

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
sopos wrote:
A gram per pound? damn - hah i’ll work on that then - thanks for the input

You seem surprised. As if you think 180 grams is alot (1g per lbs). I’m already at 100 grams by 10am every day and I’m not even pushing it. You must be eating close to nothing to be only taking in 120. I think the average American who’s not even working out or trying to gain muscle gets more than 120 grams a day. I’d say try for more than 1g per lb. Go for at least 250 grams at the minimum.[/quote]

250? damn ha - alright, time to step it up then i guess

It is not really filling and you will destroy your current protein intake from shakes alone. Do it.[/quote]

Where could I pick that up at? Online source???..

jehovasfitness wrote:
sopos wrote:
thegreatearlpo wrote:

then eat. ALOT

its actually kinda gross how much i eat - without getting too graphic i probably shit 3-5 times a day - does it help to eat constantly throughout the day in smaller portions, or should i eat 4-5 huge meals instead?

with only 120g of protein, I’d like to see a typical day for you

hes only getting 120 g of protein?!?! Wtf I get that much in 2/7 of my meals. FIX THAT ASAP!![/quote]

yeah i’m starting to realize that 120 is close to nothing…

hes only getting 120 g of protein?!?! Wtf I get that much in 2/7 of my meals. FIX THAT ASAP!![/quote]

I was thinking the same exact thing…

whats really sad as I read this, I get 200 grams or more a day and I eat full meals with a plan ( other thread.) and I am having trouble bouncing by 165 pounds of weight lmfao. and Im 6’1 lol so to have 173 at 120 grams a day is perty interesting to me. ( and I got told I dont eat enough lol) my target per the guys is like 360 grams.
just sayin.
good luck with holding it all down! :slight_smile: