Leg Day with Power Rack Only?

Is there any program where i can get a decent leg workout at home with just a power rack, barbell etc. I would think something like squats/RDL/front squat/calf raises. That would be very lower back intensive though and not much isolation. Reason i am thinking of doing this is the gym is too busy and im always waiting ages for a squat rack and its so busy i find it distracting. It would also save a LOT of time. Everyone always says dont change a program though and most bodybuilding programs have a lot of isolation and require some machines.

check out 531, or not. you’re a beginner you don’t need much in the way of isolation (neither do many non-brginners either)

[quote]stinger70 wrote:
Is there any program where i can get a decent leg workout at home with just a power rack, barbell etc. I would think something like squats/RDL/front squat/calf raises. That would be very lower back intensive though and not much isolation. Reason i am thinking of doing this is the gym is too busy and im always waiting ages for a squat rack and its so busy i find it distracting. It would also save a LOT of time. Everyone always says dont change a program though and most bodybuilding programs have a lot of isolation and require some machines.[/quote]
Stinger, all you need is a power rack, a bar, plenty of weights, and a set of balls (along with creativity). Maybe a training partner for certain things. Barbell hack squats off of pins, or the floor in place of the machine, natural glute hamraises in place of hamstring curls, and that’s about it. Also, your lower back isn’t going to suddenly become over trained from some squats, and romanian deadlifts or stiff legged deadlift.

5/3/1 or 5x5. Seriously, squat and deadlift variations are probably all you will ever really need tbh.

This is a normal day and all I use is a power rack: Squat, deadlift, or good morning variation up to a 5, 3, or 1 rep max, followed by a squat (High bar, low bar, close, medium, wide, very wide, zercher, anderson, paused, deadstop,) or deadlift variation (RDL, SLDL, rack pull, snatch grip, sumo,), then a good morning (arched, semi bent over, bent over, straight legged, semi straight, bent, close, medium, wide, very wide,) , then a lighter posterior chain exercise and abs. All that was used was a bar, some plates, and in the case I do a natural GHR an object to anchor my feet under.

What else do you need for leg day? Hell, any day.

[quote]Boffin wrote:
check out 531, or not. you’re a beginner you don’t need much in the way of isolation (neither do many non-brginners either)
[/quote]
I can’t tell if those things on your shoulders are your traps, or your MONSTER front delts

[quote]chobbs wrote:
What else do you need for leg day? Hell, any day.[/quote]
Exactly… All you need is a pair of large adjustable dumbell handles and you can do any exercise that a beginner has any business doing, and even an intermediate unless they are a powerlifter, but it is still everything they would need.

[quote]stinger70 wrote:
Is there any program where i can get a decent leg workout at home with just a power rack, barbell etc.[/quote]
Back squat, front squat, Zercher squat, barbell hack squat, deadlift, sumo deadlift, suitcase deadlift, Romanian deadlift, stiff-leg deadlift, single-leg Romanian deadlift, lunge, split squat, reverse lunge, front squat-grip lunge, front squat-grip split squat, front squat-grip reverse lunge, Zercher lunge, Zercher reverse lunge, walking lunge, sissy squat, standing barbell calf raise, standing one-leg calf raise, seated barbell calf raise, good morning, zercher good morning, glute bridge, single-leg glute bridge, 20-rep squat.

I do believe you’re underestimating your available resources.

So I’ve trained solely out of my powerrack this winter break for legs and all other bodyparts.

Squats, Front Squats, Split Squats are done frequently.

I have dumbbells for other stuff.

RDLs, Deadlifts, I set up GHRs in the rack and do those too.

Barbell Lunges are another option. You can make way for a lot.

Obviously easy ways to variate would be different rep ranges, rest periods, TUT etc.

If you want to focus more on/isolate quads do " girly squats "
Well that is my name for them. Use high heels/10 pounds plates to raise your heels, it is also likely to give your lower back some break if needed.
You can also start with front squats so your load for back squats will be smaller.
Goblets, alternate find what works.

maybe get some bands for hamstring curls