Left-Right Strength Imbalances

I have been finding that there is a pretty big discrepancy in the strength and size of the left and right side of my body. I was wondering is you guys knew of any good workouts that can address both the up and lower portions of my body at the same time (per side). Workouts that give the most bang for your buck. Your help is greatly appreciated.

[quote]TonyTungsten wrote:
I have been finding that there is a pretty big discrepancy in the strength and size of the left and right side of my body. I was wondering is you guys knew of any good workouts that can address both the up and lower portions of my body at the same time (per side). Workouts that give the most bang for your buck. Your help is greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Depends on where the imbalances are, but generally you’ll want to do more DB work for he major lifts and unilateral work for the legs if there are imbalances there too. SO DB rows, DB bench/incline, DB overhead press, split squats, lunges, maybe suitcase deadlifts if you want, those will give you the most bang for your buck

what do your current workouts look like?

My workout are very rehab-y. doing things like SL Hip thrust isolations, side planks, lots of mobility stuff. I was working with a trainer but we did not get along at all ha. I haven’t been using any weights in my program so far. Light weights if anything. And my trainer never really addressed my strength imbalances. My imbalances are pretty simple.

If you were to draw a line down the middle of my body, the right side has slightly more mass but is a considerable amount stronger than my left side. I’ve been working a pipeline for a few years now and it involves repetetive tasks and lifting that favour one side of the body over the other. Movements that work your body right from your feet all the way up to your wrist.

This is one reason i was looking for workouts that can work my lower and upper body in unison. I was also in a car accident and injured my left leg, i neglected my rehab and that is contributing to my strength discrepencies. Just trying to put together a program now and get these issues out of the way