Lecithin Increases Absorption And Uptake Of Omega-3s

Thought this might be of interest to anyone wanting to get better results from their omega-3 supplements.
lecithin has a synergistic effect with omega-3s, increasing plasma and red blood cell omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids levels.
And best of all, it’s an inexpensive supplement.

2 Likes

Lecithin can also be used to enhance delivery of hydrophobic/lipid soluble drugs or nutrients. It can increase bioavailability and absorption of things like curcumin, silymarin, green tea catechins, and boswellia.

3 Likes

I’m guessing it would also help the absorption the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K, and carotenoids, but can find any research verifying it.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right that the lecithin has this effect. I read about it in the literature on liver biochemistry. There I also learned that in addition to Omega-3, there is NAD, a coenzyme of vitamin B3. Studies show that it plays a critical role in many biological processes in the body. It takes electrons from some molecules and transfers them to others. So the energy one gets from food is converted into that which powers our body and brain. So if you have a goal of wellness, then you should learn about brainreference.com. Our body exists because of it. It also supports our nervous system and is also involved in metabolic processes. This is why it is so important for the brain.

2 Likes