LeBron James

[quote]nomorewar wrote:
kheaslim wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:
kheaslim wrote:
Kobe’s a great great defensive player. And obviously a beast offensively. Best in the league.

I beg to differ about being a “great” defensive player.

Oops. Guess I was wrong (sarcasm). That video is FAR from inficative of Kobe’s defensive abilities.

Even the best defensive players will mess up from time to time.

dude come on, Ben Wallace was nothing at the time. You’re right about defensive players messing up from times to time. Yea, every now and than, the best will get dunked on or burned to the rim but what happen to kobe never happens. Not even with lousy defenders. Kobe looked like a fool and I expect him to make up for it tonight with a 40+ game. You heard it here first.[/quote]

Yea, I know its a pretty big fuck up. But it doesn’t negate Kobe being a great defender. One blunder cant take away years of great defensive play.

Lakers seem to be prone to give away a big lead too.

I liked Kobe better when he had his fro and with Shaq hanging around. He didn’t seem to be as cocky back then as he does now, but that could be me. I like LJ’s way of playing better. When he’s playing, he looks like a man that is there to get the job done, one way or the other. Allthough he’s technically more gifted than LJ, Kobe plays with too much fanciness for my taste. It can look pretty, but is it necessary? I always have the feeling that Kobe is still playing more for himself than for the team.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Malevolence wrote:
kheaslim wrote:
Aragorn wrote:
…is a badass.

King James pwns Kobe any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Well hopefully we’ll find out if Lebron can get his team outta the east finals. Kobe will be waiting.

Until then you can rewatch the two Cavs. Vs. Lakers games from the regular season when Kobe thoroughly shut down Lebron again, and again, and again.

Watch the first minute and a half and tell me Kobe shut him down.[/quote]

This can go back and forth all day.

Anyways, as i said earlier, I’m really hoping for the Kobe vs Lebron finals. I’m sure the NBA is as well.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
DouglasJ16 wrote:

Though I’m more worried that if the Cavs don’t win the title this year, LBJ will be gone and Cleveland won’t have a shot at a major sports title in another 50+ years…probably ever.

Enjoy it man. He’s gonna be a Knick next year :wink:

And The Renaissance will begin…[/quote]

Damn I hope you’re wrong, but I’m not saying it won’t happen.

I already care very, very little about professional sports, but IF the Cavs lose AND Lebron is gone it will be quite hard to follow any pro sports team…such is leaving near Cleveland I suppose.

Guess all I can do is bet against the Browns and make some $$ in the fall months.

[quote]nomorewar wrote:
kheaslim wrote:
Fuzzyapple wrote:
kheaslim wrote:
Kobe’s a great great defensive player. And obviously a beast offensively. Best in the league.

I beg to differ about being a “great” defensive player.

Oops. Guess I was wrong (sarcasm). That video is FAR from inficative of Kobe’s defensive abilities.

Even the best defensive players will mess up from time to time.

dude come on, Ben Wallace was nothing at the time. You’re right about defensive players messing up from times to time. Yea, every now and than, the best will get dunked on or burned to the rim but what happen to kobe never happens. Not even with lousy defenders. Kobe looked like a fool and I expect him to make up for it tonight with a 40+ game. You heard it here first.[/quote]

I called it. I’m a genius. lol

LeBron just has power, acceleration and confidence that no other player at his age or at his playing age (# years in the league) has ever had.

I really think he’s the only ball player in a LONG time to sincerely live up to his hype; hell, even exceed it.

Kobe doesn’t have that speed or power. He’s got finesse, moreso than LeBron, but LeBron doesn’t need that when he can bulldoze and/or outrun just about anyone to the hoop. It’s really amazing.

I thought it would be something new about king james, saw this on TV about a billion times, but yea he is good…

How awesome is it when he runs the court, catches the guy, then swats their dunk or layup before they even realized he was there?

I am not the biggest basketball fan, but I have to say something about this guy. Other than his amazing ability and talent (beyond the video provided), I think he is a true class act. Like previously mentioned, you never hear about him in the news being in trouble. I think he has a humility about himself which makes him even more admirable. I think he represents what is most appealing in sports, unbelievable talent with no attitude.

Also Lebron >>>>> Kobe for sure.

I dunno. Last night Lebron got away with so much. It wasn’t even fun to watch at times. You just knew, every time he got the ball he’d do something and it’d be great, but the amount of calls he gets away with is just unprecedented. He can barrel straight into someone’s chest who has beat him to the spot and get a blocking foul out of it. He can goal tend and get a block out of it. He can foul on offensive rebounds and the foul will go to his teammate instead of him.

Players aren’t allowed to defend Bron, the slightest contact draws a whistle. Dwight and Lebron’s Jerseys touched and Dwight was whistled. Dwight had an all-ball shot block against Lebron and Dwight was whistled. Lebron shot 24 free throws last night! I mean for fuck’s sake! It’s like 2006 Dwyane Wade all over again.

But… despite all that, the Magic are proving to be a better TEAM than the Cavaliers, and even with Lebron’s A-game, they are faltering at a surprising pace. Consider that the Magic already essentially won 3 games(in terms of performance), it seems very unlikely that the Cavs will come back to win this series. Hopefully that will snap the honeymoon phase the league has with Lebron.

That alley-oop from Varejao was fucking awesome though.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
How awesome is it when he runs the court, catches the guy, then swats their dunk or layup before they even realized he was there?[/quote]

He does it a lot, and it never gets old. Which made Courtney Lee beating Lebron on the break with the dunk twice all the more fun to see.