Leben Tests Positive for Roids

[quote]slimjim wrote:
PS- your 90 lbs g/f would probably blow him if she ran into him at a club…think about that next time you’re kissing her[/quote]

hahaha, totally wrong and below the belt … but it made me laugh anyways. The best part was that it was just below the bottom of my screen and it looked like your post was done, then as I scrolled down to see if there were any other posts - BAM!

[quote]slimjim wrote:
B rocK wrote:
That guy is a moron.

He is a shitty fighter.

I hope he doesn’t come back after his 9mo suspension.

It’s a waste to see him fight; he just loses.

Oh, he’s “got knockout power”

That saying is the most retarded thing, you can say that about anyone. If my 90lb g/f hit me in the “spot” just right…should SHE have “knockout power”??

Later Leben.

You’re a nobody on the internet who, no matter how hard you try, will never reach the level he has - fighting in the premier mma organization in the world. The guy has a ton of heart, manages to win fights despite not being the most athletically gifted individual, and is a pretty nice all around person despite his battles with his own personal demons. Who the fuck are you again?

PS- your 90 lbs g/f would probably blow him if she ran into him at a club…think about that next time you’re kissing her[/quote]

We’re all nobodies, dude.
Was uncalled for.

As you stated “slimjim”…it’s the internet so no matter what you type about Leben…he’s not going to autograph your perineum.

And honestly…let’s relax on slamming peoples significant others, no one would like that if the tables were turned.

I still don’t like Leben.

oh; and we don’t go to “clubs” anymore…that’s what’s nice about having a significant other…

anyways…sorry to hijack the thread eitelmj. Good eye picking up on that…my friends that train didn’t even know that when I talked to them about it after reading this thread.

It still amazes me that guys wanna use gear in MMA…i mean; look at Anderson Silva…he’s a stringbean…but he’s amazing. Sure, not everyone has his natural ability…but it’s just nice to know that you don’t have to be a beefcake to fck some sht up.

Maybe it was below the belt, so I apologize for that…but I train with the guy, and I had my own misgivings about him based solely on his performance on TUF 1 before I met him, but he turned out to be a solid person that ultimately means well…he is not an asshole, he is not arrogant…and, believe it or not, pretty knowledgeable about the fight game.

It is easy to watch guys on TV and think that they’re fucking up or lack skills, but there is a big transition between practice and competition - everything is tighter and people aren’t going to let you have anything so it can look like you have absolutely no idea what you are doing in the cage as a result.

I had my suspicions that he might have started using something, but, having met other guys who fight at a high level, I figured it was all part of the game…I just think he received some shit advice from some guys he trusted.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
oh; and we don’t go to “clubs” anymore…that’s what’s nice about having a significant other…

anyways…sorry to hijack the thread eitelmj. Good eye picking up on that…my friends that train didn’t even know that when I talked to them about it after reading this thread.

It still amazes me that guys wanna use gear in MMA…i mean; look at Anderson Silva…he’s a stringbean…but he’s amazing. Sure, not everyone has his natural ability…but it’s just nice to know that you don’t have to be a beefcake to fck some sht up. [/quote]

majority of fighters don’t use steroids to be “beefcakes.” And Silva is far from “string bean status” in between fights.

I’m generally the nice guy on the board but B-Rock I think YOU"RE over the line.

Nice attempt at a dicktuck BRock but you just got back the same sentiments you expressed towards Leben and you couldn’t handle it.

How does that taste?

This kind of talk is the reason larger MMA sites have a fighter bashing rule. You’ll get banned for saying the kind of stuff you did. Still, Leben gets your kind of crap all the time from internet fanboys who talk shit behind a screen but would suck a fart out his ass if they ever met him. I know it’s the internet and that he’ll probably never, ever read this but as a cognitive human being you owe a certain level of mutual respect to EVERYONE whether you know them or not.

Calling someone a moron, shitty at their profession, and basically calling their greatest skillset womanly… is the same shit that slimjim handed back to you about being a no one, etc. And you didn’t like it one bit.

Seriously take that and let it marinate for a bit.

Also sorry to break it to you but nearly fucking everyone in the MMA game is on SOMETHING if they’re not using illegal diuretics to cut weight they’re on some kind of gear.

ANDERSON SILVA INCLUDED*… Don’t put the guy on a pedestal. Stephan Bonnor and Tim Sylvia DEFINiTELY didn’t look anything special but they were both caught. Thiago Alves hasn’t been caught (Except for the diuretic) but there isn’t a doubt by any insider that he isn’t on something.

It’s just the nature of the game. Same with football.

A lot of guys aren’t trying to put on muscle weight they just want to recover from workouts and lose bodyfat.

and for what it’s worth anderson silva is not a stringbean. Dude easily walks around at like 215-220 he’s a lanky guy but he has good bit of size to him.

*Not saying i think andy silva is on anything just providing an example.

You are a total retard. Really. You don’t train, so STFU in these threads.

Guys don’t use gear to get jacked. They use it to recover. That’s so basic that the fact that I even need to say it shows how fully retarded you are.

That you clearly don’t train, don’t know shit, but still feel free to spout off your opinion, is why I hate so many people.

There are many things I don’t know shit about. So I keep my mouth shut on those issues.

You should keep yours shut, too.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
It still amazes me that guys wanna use gear in MMA[/quote]

It amazes me that someone could be so naive about a subject and yet be posting about it. Your Leben rant hardly warrants a response and is only a further reflection of your ignorance.

Enough said.
lets move on.

But really like these guys or not respect is due.

Slim I thought you might have trained with him.I knew your out in the islands.

I went to college with a dude…who won the NCAA title
who was HUGE in the dawn of MMA…
Mark Kerr.
and a Huge user.
and pals with another user Mark Coleman…

you would see dudes play football in college
and play at like 225 then wrestle @ 167 a few weeks later.
Or the reverse

there is no doubt in my mind who and where he got what from and we are in the same wrestling room and same coaches but it wasnt them
and I was kind of shocked too…

In college NCAA, and at the OTC there are coaches who are there to help you get through your usage. I guess I realize what it is now, not then.

I am going to assume that the usage is equally rampant in MMA on the pro circuit

I think its camp and agent related Ken Pavia comes to mind.

Its also legal in allot of countries
like brazil and japapn no coincidence their.
its really like the “bagman” on every
yes EVERY music tour who’s sole job is
the provision of quality drugs to the band
but hey what do I know…

kmc

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
Enough said.
lets move on.

But really like these guys or not respect is due.

Slim I thought you might have trained with him.I knew your out in the islands.

I went to college with a dude…who won the NCAA title
who was HUGE in the dawn of MMA…
Mark Kerr.
and a Huge user.
and pals with another user Mark Coleman…

Or the reverse

there is no doubt in my mind who and where he got what from and we are in the same wrestling room and same coaches but it wasnt them
and I was kind of shocked too…

In college NCAA, and at the OTC there are coaches who are there to help you get through your usage. I guess I realize what it is now, not then.

I am going to assume that the usage is equally rampant in MMA on the pro circuit

I think its camp and agent related Ken Pavia comes to mind.

Its also legal in allot of countries
like brazil and japapn no coincidence their.
its really like the “bagman” on every
yes EVERY music tour who’s sole job is
the provision of quality drugs to the band
but hey what do I know…

kmc
[/quote]

No, let’s NOT “move on” as you so dismissively put it. This is a hot-button issue in mma as it is in many sports. The topic is multi-faceted, not just the question of whether it’s cheating or not, but he question of HOW/WHY he got caught (ie, why didnt he have someone who could help him beat the test) to guys like Brock saying that it doesnt help because “andersons a beanpole” and “you dont have to be jacked to whup ass” or wahtever.

And why are your line breaks so weird?

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

No, let’s NOT “move on” as you so dismissively put it. This is a hot-button issue in mma as it is in many sports. The topic is multi-faceted, not just the question of whether it’s cheating or not, but he question of HOW/WHY he got caught (ie, why didnt he have someone who could help him beat the test) to guys like Brock saying that it doesnt help because “andersons a beanpole” and “you dont have to be jacked to whup ass” or wahtever.

And why are your line breaks so weird?[/quote]

KBC…
I am suggesting to “move on” on admonishing fighter bashing enough people have commented on the not so cool comments.
Not trying at all to dismiss usage particularly in combat sports.
Not at all.

Personally I don’t condone usage. Particularly for individual sportslike the combat sports. I competed with dudes who used and it sucked.
I just noticed the line breaks… I guess you are one attentive dude :slight_smile:

kmc

[quote]kmcnyc wrote:
Or the reverse
[/quote]

That’s 58 pounds. In a few weeks. Either way, going up or down, I don’t care what you’re using, that’s fucking insane.

Thanks for being better then most about it Xen, and your right…I (like I’m sure others here) didn’t enjoy reading obscene things about my g/f. But it’s just the internet. But yeah, your probably correct…I do tend to rant and go on and on (probably doing that now)…so my original statement should have been revised. Oh well, I’ll keep that in mind next time I start to rant about things…

And C-Law…just so I get this straight…do I have to train MMA (or any martial arts) to post in these threads? 100% Honest question…(if so; does that go for the bodybuilding and other threads?) Thanks for your response in advance.

Apologies for the hijack thread…do continue…about Leben…

word.

as long as we can clear up some of your view of whats going on in the sport it’s all good :slight_smile: and you don’t have to train mma or anything but it does help (honestly). Most football fans don’t play football regularly but they’ve at the very least tossed around the ball. Fighting game on the other hand (there’s a thread on this) everyone assumes they can fight, so they assume they know what it takes.

It’s so different from what people expect… and until you have someone sit down and correct you on how to pull off a triangle you don’t realize how hard that shit is… now magnify that by ten… with someone who KNOWS what you’re trying to do and is trying to punch your head off.

Only people that have some realization are guys who wrestled. Guys who box are thrown off though because the striking hasn’t hit a very high level yet (except for the few flashes of briliance you see from cro cop or a.silva, etc)…

LOL on Anderson Silva being a bean pole. First off he isn’t the guy weighs around 215 in between fights. He just has real long limbs.

Also Hermes Franca and Royce Gracia are just a few of the “beam poles” in MMA who have tested positive.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
word.

as long as we can clear up some of your view of whats going on in the sport it’s all good :slight_smile: and you don’t have to train mma or anything but it does help (honestly). Most football fans don’t play football regularly but they’ve at the very least tossed around the ball. Fighting game on the other hand (there’s a thread on this) everyone assumes they can fight, so they assume they know what it takes.

It’s so different from what people expect… and until you have someone sit down and correct you on how to pull off a triangle you don’t realize how hard that shit is… now magnify that by ten… with someone who KNOWS what you’re trying to do and is trying to punch your head off.

Only people that have some realization are guys who wrestled. Guys who box are thrown off though because the striking hasn’t hit a very high level yet (except for the few flashes of briliance you see from cro cop or a.silva, etc)… [/quote]

No worries. I know how there is a MASSIVE difference between watching MMA and training it. I’ve done my fair share of MMA training…but haven’t for about 2 years because of college/financial reasoning. It’s a whole new world when you have someone standing opposite of you.

As far as Silva being a ‘bean pole’ … that was a bit of a stretch. lol, this whole thread is just me being bad with words haha…he IS a thin dude though. I guess that’s what I was getting across. Hopefully any/all of that made sense; I just trained and have less bloodflow in my brain then is probably ideal.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:

And why are your line breaks so weird?[/quote]

:frowning:

I found his wrestling/judo posts interesting because the had a very Emily Dickinson-esque quality to them.

AND YOU RUINED IT!!!

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:

Guys don’t use gear to get jacked. They use it to recover.[/quote]

Wasn’t this all that needed to be written? Couldn’t we have been spared the rest?

Did anyone else notice Leben’s comments after getting caught “I didn’t think I’d get caught”

no denial, no bitching. He speaks the truth, takes his punishment and now he can juice freely for the next 9 months.