Leben Tests Positive for Roids

MMAMANIA.COM
?Chris Leben tested positive for Stanazolol in a test administered by UFC on the day of his fight with Michael Bisping on 10/18 in Birmingham, England. Leben, who lost a three-round decision, has been suspended for nine months by UFC and fined one-third of his undisclosed purse.?

Clearly the test is wrong. If he was really on roids he would have caught the rage and ripped Bisping’s arms off and beat him about the ass and face with them.

so that explains his new improved physique

Shocker. Not.

What does remain shocking:

1. People believe that Leben is the exception; and that few use.
  2. That Leben didn’t hire a consultant for his cycle.

Let’s see… He was fined 33% of his purse (at least 8K), and suspended for 9 months. He’d usually fight twice in 9 months on a 25K/25K (show/win) schedule. He gets sponsorship payouts, too. (Sponsorships are usually equal to a figher’s purse). How much coin did he just lose?

So instead of paying someone who actually knows his shit to make sure he tested clean, he took the stuff on his own. Not smart economics.

If you’re going to use, hire professionals. Why do you think so few guys get caught? It ain’t because only a few “cheaters” are using.

not a surprise at all

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Shocker. Not.

Let’s see… He was fined 33% of his purse (at least 8K), and suspended for 9 months. He’d usually fight twice in 9 months on a 25K/25K (show/win) schedule. He gets sponsorship payouts, too. (Sponsorships are usually equal to a figher’s purse). How much coin did he just lose?

So instead of paying someone who actually knows his shit to make sure he tested clean, he took the stuff on his own. Not smart economics.

If you’re going to use, hire professionals. Why do you think so few guys get caught? It ain’t because only a few “cheaters” are using.[/quote]

Or… he figured that Britain didn’t make them illegal, so it was okay to use…

Unfortunately I believe he did have a consultant, but the guy didn’t know what he was doing.

Explains the huge traps that magically appeared.

he needs to hire Thiago Alves’ “nutritionist”

and god damn loook at that fucking ass (slimjim’s avatar) i fucking LOVE alicia sacramone…shit. I’d tongue her pooper.

Chris was always generally large for his weightclass as most UFC fighters are, but yeah, he did bulk up beyond that recently which was ill-advised IMO…and yes, I’d tongue that ass too

Sacramone’s I mean

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Sacramone’s I mean[/quote]

well quantified

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Sacramone’s I mean[/quote]

Um, I was gonna say.

Shocker. Not.

If you’re going to use, hire professionals. Why do you think so few guys get caught? It ain’t because only a few “cheaters” are using.[/quote]

Truth.

One thing that is interesting is that England has no athletic commission, and this test was performed internally by the UFC. Perhaps that was unexpected for him.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Shocker. Not.

If you’re going to use, hire professionals. Why do you think so few guys get caught? It ain’t because only a few “cheaters” are using.

Truth.

One thing that is interesting is that England has no athletic commission, and this test was performed internally by the UFC. Perhaps that was unexpected for him.
[/quote]

Agreed. I wonder if there’s anyway to challenge the ruling? Obviously I have no idea what the language in his contract says, or even what would be enforceable and unenforceable … it might be a moot point anyway, since i suppose he isnt guaranteed a fight every nine months. Heck, Rampage when longer than that btween the hendo and forrest fights, and i think both Nog and Mir will have gone longer than that. Granted, all 3 of those were time off for TUF, but still…

Donut thanks for food for thought.

In the last few years
you could see which UFC cards were not tested…
some states athletic commissions did not test
like those in england

I used to wonder about boxing or ufc fights held in those states if agents pushed their athletes to compete there. Vs states where
testing is more prevalent

I am guessing that the UFC started to do its own testing… to give a semblance of cleaning it up.

kmc

That guy is a moron.

He is a shitty fighter.

I hope he doesn’t come back after his 9mo suspension.

It’s a waste to see him fight; he just loses.

Oh, he’s “got knockout power”

That saying is the most retarded thing, you can say that about anyone. If my 90lb g/f hit me in the “spot” just right…should SHE have “knockout power”??

Later Leben.

Shocker. Not.

One of the pitfalls of hiring a consultant is that a lot of people probably use the same one. Look at what happened to Bonds and everyone else affiliated with BALCO. Once one person is caught, they start fingering everyone else that uses the same consultants in an effort to reduce their prison sentences.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
That guy is a moron.

He is a shitty fighter.

That saying is the most retarded thing, you can say that about anyone. If my 90lb g/f hit me in the “spot” just right…should SHE have “knockout power”??

Later Leben.[/quote]

I’m willing to bet your “90 lb g/f” hasn’t KO’d as many people as leben has. And let’s not go nuts with “he just loses.” Bisping didnt engage. Period. Oh wait tho, Leben lost to Silva, yeah, he sucks. Did Leben “just lose” to terry martin? Like him or hate him at least be accurate in your comments.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
That guy is a moron.

He is a shitty fighter.

Later Leben.[/quote]

You’re a nobody on the internet who, no matter how hard you try, will never reach the level he has - fighting in the premier mma organization in the world. The guy has a ton of heart, manages to win fights despite not being the most athletically gifted individual, and is a pretty nice all around person despite his battles with his own personal demons. Who the fuck are you again?

PS- your 90 lbs g/f would probably blow him if she ran into him at a club…think about that next time you’re kissing her