T Nation

Leaving Test In The Syringe?

Maybe this is a dumb question, but can you leave test in a syringe? I am going to taper down my test e cycle and all I have is ampules. I would be swapping tips of course, but I didn’t know if something crazy will happen if test sat in a syringe for a week or so.

[quote]mrjoshua wrote:
Maybe this is a dumb question, but can you leave test in a syringe? I am going to taper down my test e cycle and all I have is ampules. I would be swapping tips of course, but I didn’t know if something crazy will happen if test sat in a syringe for a week or so.[/quote]

I think not. I have read guys giving advice to other guys on this forum who are traveling to just pre-load their syringes and take with them.

The main reason I wouldn’t do it is because if you aspirate there might be a risk of contamination. As the other poster said, It’s probably better to just preload different pins instead of just swapping the needle.

I’ll buy some more pins and preload individually then. Thanks for the help.

I always preload my syringes. I use a larger gauge needle to draw all the oils out of the vial.

Then I use the syringe I just drawled all the oil up with, and load all my other syringes for my weekly injections. Works great for me. I only have to mess around with the vial once and I think it cuts down on wasted gear.

[quote]raiderUM wrote:
I always preload my syringes. I use a larger gauge needle to draw all the oils out of the vial.

Then I use the syringe I just drawled all the oil up with, and load all my other syringes for my weekly injections. Works great for me. I only have to mess around with the vial once and I think it cuts down on wasted gear.[/quote]

Do you do this with amps or 10ml multi-shots?

[quote]Diana Bolann wrote:
raiderUM wrote:
I always preload my syringes. I use a larger gauge needle to draw all the oils out of the vial.

Then I use the syringe I just drawled all the oil up with, and load all my other syringes for my weekly injections. Works great for me. I only have to mess around with the vial once and I think it cuts down on wasted gear.

Do you do this with amps or 10ml multi-shots?[/quote]

I usually get 50ml or 10ml bottles. I then draw from them with a 18g needle and then put the needle into the the opening of the syringe that i’m preloading and fill it to my desired dose. Then I put a 22g or 25g 1.5 needle on the end of it and place it in my safe, so I know how much of what I’ll be running during my cycle. Plus, it keeps me honest we all know that we dont want to end a cycle, so when i’m out of pre-filled syringes then i’m done…

Interesting method. I’ve been thinking of doing something like this because I’ve been getting rubber in my vial due to the constant poking. You don’t think it matters where you keep it? I.e. will it degrade in the syringe vs. the glass bottle?

[quote]Diana Bolann wrote:
Interesting method. I’ve been thinking of doing something like this because I’ve been getting rubber in my vial due to the constant poking. You don’t think it matters where you keep it? I.e. will it degrade in the syringe vs. the glass bottle?[/quote]

I usually don’t just lay them down. I put them in a cup(s) and stand them up (needle up) that way there is no chance of them leaking out.

Like i’ve said before I love this method. I can just pull a pre loaded syringe out and go…lol Im extremely busy so I dont have to mess around for 20 mins get my gear out.

[quote]raiderUM wrote:
Plus, it keeps me honest we all know that we dont want to end a cycle, so when i’m out of pre-filled syringes then i’m done…[/quote]

Heh, that is awesome.

I like the idea mostly because it keeps your rubber in tact for a much longer period of time with less pokes. I have done a weeks worth at a time, but never thought of doing the whole cycle. It seems to be a good idea especially if you are not one that is good with keeping track daily of what # inj you are on. When the needles run out you are done. I like it simple the less I have to try to remember the better!

Sounds like a decent idea, but not terribly sutble unless you’re putting them a safe like RaiderUM.

“What are all those needles filled with?”

“Uh…olive oil?”

Would I be ok pre loading say, a month maybe 2 months of pins for easier access?? I want to do this bad but I dont want it to degrade. Will it??

You shouldnt do this in case the oil has Ethyl Oleate in as a solvent. It will eat the rubber on the plunger.
Whats with this whole lazy attitude im reading here, preload a week? a an entire cycle? for no reason??

I don’t know how much damage the little amount of EO is going to do to the plunger…I’m just failing to see how this would be a benefit in any way. So it saves a few minutes (maybe?) from having to fill a pin(s) but is a minute or two here or there really that critical to anyone? Am I missing something?

alittle? some ugls can go as high as 50%-90% EO with some compounds expecially the higher dose test and stuff. It will cause damage over time.

Sorry, should have said the little amount of EO in contact with the plunger seal. On the pins I use the plunger seal is made of TPE which is advertised as providing some level of resistance to degradation; I suspect this is a common construction method for syringes these days (but I may be wrong). Your point is still valid that it does not seem to be wise to unnecessarily take a risk.