Least Harmful Alcohol

I eat clean all week, real clean. Then comes the weekend.

The college weekend.

What alcohol should I stick to when Friday night rolls around? I have read beer can be loaded with anti-oxidants, but hard alcohol has less, albeit empty, calories.

Lately I’ve been sticking to vodka mixed with diet sodas.

Any suggestions? I can assure I’m not getting plastered, but I usually ‘enjoy’ 3-5 drinks a night.

I’d think that a mixed drink with a “diet” mixer is probably the “best” way to go. That way you minimize the empty calories. As to the alcohol itself I doubt there is much difference from one to another. Obviously liquours and the like will have more calories but a shot of burbon, vodka, gin, etc. all contain roughly the same calories.

Sorbitol.

Herb has zero calories if you can stay out of the kitchen. Other then that just try to minimize the amount you drink, no form of alcohol is better then another when it comes to eating clean.

like said, don’t fret over the differences, either way, it’s not going to be good for you.

I was aware of the fact I was going to get the “neither is good for you” response, but I was hoping to at least minimize the impact (calorically), you know, without drinking Zima.

I dont know about liquors but Becks Premium Light Beer is only 65 calories per bottle. Tastes pretty good too. If you’re looking to get fucked up then well…it might take you a few bottles but by then you’ve taken in 200-400 empty calories.

Ill admit I havent gotten drunk in a while, and I usually just “hold” my Becks and sip it so I dont look like an anti-social person at a party or family function. I used to only drink water or diet soda but I got tired of hearing bullshit.

Ive heard diet drinks added with alcohol INCREASE the “effect” of alcohol by 50%. So basically you get fucked up faster with diet drinks. Maybe 2 or 3 vodka diet tonics and you will be good to go…

You can try going low carb throughout the week then reload with beers. I enjoy a good cocktail every now and then, but its not dignified for a man to drink vodka mixed with coke, sprite, or any soda. If you are going to drink, drink like a male and either drink beer, sip on some whiskey or enjoy the occasional gin or vodka tonic.

You can try going low carb throughout the week then reload with beers. I enjoy a good cocktail every now and then, but its not dignified for a man to drink vodka mixed with coke, sprite, or any soda. If you are going to drink, drink like a male and either drink beer, sip on some whiskey or enjoy the occasional gin or vodka tonic.

[quote]theuofh wrote:
You can try going low carb throughout the week then reload with beers. I enjoy a good cocktail every now and then, but its not dignified for a man to drink vodka mixed with coke, sprite, or any soda. If you are going to drink, drink like a male and either drink beer, sip on some whiskey or enjoy the occasional gin or vodka tonic. [/quote]

Technically, a tonic is a soda.

i would stick with hard liquor, the less added mixer the better. beer is an easy way to add to your gut.

How bout the carbs in becks?

The reason I’d stick with hard alcohol is that there are no carbs.
And theuofh, I’d agree, I guess this low carb thing will make me not only cut up but more of a man.

Ahh the perfect diet plan!

Amstel Light is my favorite from all the Light Beers. Tequila will always get the job done too.

I take xanax and soma and modafinil for energy. That a long with a couple beers gets me pretty drunk. Somewhat illegal I guess, but to be honest it’s way healthier, costs way less, and leaves me feeling fine the next morning.

when watching manswers (lol) they said that it isnt really the beer itself that gets you fat…saying your constantly active…its all the subsequent shit most people eat while drunk that does it. But yeah you got the idea, on my college weekends i got myself a 2 liter diet dr. P, the cheapest vodka and some ice…beleive it or not that covers my weekend and its oh so tasty believe it or not. the dr pepper just takes all the bite gone

Stay away from light beer it takes too many to get to the desired drunkeness.

I’ll support the mixer/hard liquor idea.

Jim Beam (or other liquor) with plain ass water

theres no good way,
the alc is what has the carbs in it, not the beer,
so weather your drinking beer or vodka, the drunker you get, the farther that 6 pack gets

Personally I go with beer, since I tend to get full before drinking a lot of it. Plus, I can nurse a beer for a while, whereas I end up drinking a lot more hard alcohol than I plan on.

[quote]Footballer90 wrote:
the alc is what has the carbs in it[/quote]

Vodka, whiskey, etc. does not have carbs.