T Nation

Learning Squat, Deadlift, and Other Big Lifts

Hello,

I’m pretty new to weight training haven’t been doing it for that long. I am interested in doing the lifts mentioned in the subject but would like to be coached on how to do them (due to the consequences of having poor form).

i live in the greater toronto area (Richmond Hill)… anyone know a good place to go? I have a membership at the YMCA, and judging from their physiques and the exercises I see them prescribing to their clients, I doubt that would be the best path.

Any suggestions?

Find a gym with some big guys in it, preferably a hole in the wall or a basement somewhere, and keep an eye out for a guy moving 3 or 4 plates a side on the squat or deadlift, and ask him for pointers. You could also just start with the bar, take some videos of yourself lifting, and post them on here for a form check.

Rob Fortney is in Toronto and would know some hardcore places to train. We do a webcast radio show every friday at 2pm eastern time also With Dr, Lowery and Charles. here is the link to this weeks show you can ask the question and listen live or after the fact, Ill try and make sure we get to your question.

[quote]Phill wrote:
Rob Fortney is in Toronto and would know some hardcore places to train. We do a webcast radio show every friday at 2pm eastern time also With Dr, Lowery and Charles. here is the link to this weeks show you can ask the question and listen live or after the fact, Ill try and make sure we get to your question.

http://instantteleseminar.com/?eventid=5770830 [/quote]

Cool Thanks! Charles who?

Bump

Was never answered… Suggestions anyone?

P.S. No cameras allowed in my gym