T Nation

Leap of Faith!!! (Cutting)

So after doing some reading
I think and i emphasize think, i am going to cut. for those who dont know i was debating on whether i should cut or should bulk. But after reading a aricle by DR Berardi on BB.com which states that if you try to build when you are more than 15% bodyfat and you bulk you will gain mostly fat and if you cut then bulk by eating clean you will gain more lean muscle mass.

So My questions are
first what do u think about that.
-where can i find how much to take in when cutting and what to take in.
-what supplements to use
-N.O.xplode was a product that i used that help me cut before. have you tried it and what did you think.
-how accurate is the calipers?
Stats:
5foot 8in
173lbs
16-18% bodyfat

You’ve basically posted this 4 times just waiting for someone to tell you to cut. When nobody did, you went out and found your own justification.

Take another look at this response to a previous thread where you asked to cut or bulk:

Phill wrote:
How about neither not a dedicated bulk or cut. Eat for your performance and goals which you are very unclear with. Eat at or above maint. and eat to make progress in the gym to recover etc.

The form will follow if the function improves. You may perfrom your best at 16% BF or what not. Its very indivdual.

Phill

Take Phill’s advise and clean up your diet first. You’ve also hardly posted anything on your training, focus on learning to lift and making progress in the gym.

Good luck.

read the archives and choose a diet plan. stick with it. if you’re not sure about cutting, since you were also posting before about bulking, go somewhere in between like JB’s don’t diet plan.

use a fat burner e/c combo or HOT-ROX.
you no if you want to . it’s not gonna hurt.
if you used calipers in the first place, don’t switch it up. it may not be the most acurrate, but if you stick to that method, it will show consistent measurements.

Dude,

All you have to do is follow Dr. Berardi’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective Nutritional Programs

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459493

and be intense in the gym and you will loose fat while gaining muscle.

Intensity and Nutrition go hand in hand.

[quote]CaroJ wrote:
But after reading a aricle by DR Berardi on BB.com which states that if you try to build when you are more than 15% bodyfat and you bulk you will gain mostly fat and if you cut then bulk by eating clean you will gain more lean muscle mass.[/quote]

I can’t help, but think you misunderstood Berardi somehow. I can’t imagine him saying this. Even if you did gain fat how does it follow that you would gain less muscle than if you cut first? I’m not giving any view on which way you should go, but just saying I can’t imagine Berardi saying this.