T Nation

Leaning Up, Gaining Size & Other Stuff

So I’ve been gaining size like I’ve been wanting. The ironic thing is I’ve always loved how I never got stretch marks with my size gains and it was just a nice thing, but after some serious gaining I have stretch marks on my triceps and biceps and although it means I’m growing I’d rather not have them. Hopefully with a tan they won’t be as present.

I’ve been a little rocky with my training through the month of january. Life was just getting to me. I still managed to hit PR’s with every workout which was nice.

Now that I have a little more money to spend, I have restocked on my supplements and also added a ZMA/Tribulus mixture that I take before bed so I’ll see how that works.

Now that I’ve been packing on the pounds I’ve also added a little more bodyfat than I would like. I honestly think that I can grow and lose some bodyfat at the same time. All I’m trying to do is lose a little bit of fat, not a competition diet or anything, just tighten up a bit. I still think I can gain size doing this. Does anyone have any suggestions for this. I do absolutely no cardio, my gut tells me that if I stop snacking on the cheez its and hop on the bike/treadmill I can get through this, I just need some reassurance.

On a side note. I found an amateur bodybuilder by the name of Jack Khan and honestly can not believe how beastly of a man he is. He is the guy in my avatar. He trains like yates with the exception of pre contest training. Man is an animal and I hope to look like him one day. Actually I’ll say I will look like him one day. But check him out he is tremendous.

Everyone is different, but for me training like an animal when you step into the gym and eating a somewhat healthy diet works. Just hit the cardio 2-3 times a week for 20 min. All you really need for now to start seeing some results. Just watch what you eat after dinner or your evening workout and make sure to eat right in the morning to start the day off right. Eggs oatmeal large glass of skim milk that kind of thing.

austin_bicep I think you’ve answered your own question. Add in some cardio first and then depending on how things go cut carbs a little (start having a carb cut off say at 5 PM or whatever). But just little changes, and see how it goes. Cardio blows but sometimes you gotta do it.

But seriously dude if you just kick back and think about it a bit I’m sure you know exactly what you need to do.

Like the other guys said, just add in a little cardio–not too much at once, and see how things go.

Der Candy, I like the new avatar.

[quote]Itchy wrote:
Like the other guys said, just add in a little cardio–not too much at once, and see how things go.

Der Candy, I like the new avatar.[/quote]

Why thank you.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
austin_bicep I think you’ve answered your own question. Add in some cardio first and then depending on how things go cut carbs a little (start having a carb cut off say at 5 PM or whatever). But just little changes, and see how it goes. Cardio blows but sometimes you gotta do it.

But seriously dude if you just kick back and think about it a bit I’m sure you know exactly what you need to do.[/quote]

lol your right man I know exactly what I need to do.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
So I’ve been gaining size like I’ve been wanting. The ironic thing is I’ve always loved how I never got stretch marks with my size gains and it was just a nice thing, but after some serious gaining I have stretch marks on my triceps and biceps and although it means I’m growing I’d rather not have them. Hopefully with a tan they won’t be as present.

I’ve been a little rocky with my training through the month of january. Life was just getting to me. I still managed to hit PR’s with every workout which was nice.

Now that I have a little more money to spend, I have restocked on my supplements and also added a ZMA/Tribulus mixture that I take before bed so I’ll see how that works.

Now that I’ve been packing on the pounds I’ve also added a little more bodyfat than I would like. I honestly think that I can grow and lose some bodyfat at the same time. All I’m trying to do is lose a little bit of fat, not a competition diet or anything, just tighten up a bit. I still think I can gain size doing this. Does anyone have any suggestions for this. I do absolutely no cardio, my gut tells me that if I stop snacking on the cheez its and hop on the bike/treadmill I can get through this, I just need some reassurance.

On a side note. I found an amateur bodybuilder by the name of Jack Khan [/quote] Not Zack Khan by any chance? [quote] and honestly can not believe how beastly of a man he is. He is the guy in my avatar. He trains like yates with the exception of pre contest training. Man is an animal and I hope to look like him one day. Actually I’ll say I will look like him one day. But check him out he is tremendous.[/quote]

Yep. Unfortunately, he has/used to have some conditioning issues… Which prevented him from winning a few shows/placing high.

Yeah:) it’s Zack Khan

http://www.thebiguniverse.com/zackkhan/home.html