Leaning Out.

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I was wondering if I could get some input on my plan. My goal is to lose about 10 lbs of fat without losing o much of the muscle I have gained. To do so I am planning on doing fullbody routines.

mon: 6x6
romanian deadlifts
db walking lunges
benchpress
seated row
db seated press
chin ups
tricep pulldown

tues: cardio/abs/calves

wed: 5x8
squat
incline bench
1 arm row
db bench press
barbell row
e-z bar curl

thurs: cardio/abs/calves

fri: 4x12
split squat
stiff leg dl
wide grip bench press
seated row
military press
lat pulldown
barbell curl

Yes, a plan like that will work. Keep the rest as short as possible and the weight as heavy as you can handle. In order to keep muscle consider the BCAA’s Biotest offers here in the T-Nation store. These work provided you have ample protein and clean nutrition nailed down in the first place. I am following a similar program myself to lose the fat. You can check out my blog for details.

Good luck,

D

That sounds good. I just dropped 10 pounds and 2.5 inches on my waist in the last three weeks. And my squat went up 15 pounds. I did an upper day and a lower day with three days of high intensity intervals. Weightlifting was 3 sets 8 reps. I was working with a partner, so we alternated sets and kept the rest short. 30-45 second rests should be good.

Read some articles by Alwyn Cosgrove. He has written a lot of good stuff on loosing fat. Also check out his website www.alwyncosgrove.com he has some articles on there as well. While doing this I was taking HOT-ROX Extreme and TRIBEX Gold. I really think this was key to loosing the fat and keeping the muscle. It is an expensive supplement stack to take ($80 for 4 weeks). Buy one bottle of HRX, and 2 bottles of TRIBEX. I also increased my protein intake, decreased carb and total calorie intake.

That doesen’t seem like a lot of volume to anyone?

For my diet I was thinking of following something like t-dawg 2.0 might add some more carbs if I feel like I need them.

[quote]Naphta wrote:
That doesen’t seem like a lot of volume to anyone?[/quote]

I was just thinking the same thing. Monday looks like 42 sets, while the other two days are 30 and 28 sets. I’m looking to lean out as well, and I can’t imagine doing 42 sets while cutting calories.

I would think you would want to keep your volume down and intensity up. Fewer sets and reps in the 4-6 or 6-8 rang to maintain muscle mass, and add in some HIIT stuff.

Thoughts anyone?

I have to do cardio on my leg days, or with at least 48-72 hours between a leg workout. Otherwise I end up overtrained and feeling like crap.

This includes even light, 20-minute jog/runs, I need my rest.

[quote]Modi wrote:
I would think you would want to keep your volume down and intensity up. Fewer sets and reps in the 4-6 or 6-8 rang to maintain muscle mass, and add in some HIIT stuff.

Thoughts anyone?[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Modi wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

Agreed.[/quote]

so I should change the workout set/rep on friday only?

[quote]damienX wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
Modi wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

Agreed.

so I should change the workout set/rep on friday only?
[/quote]

I still think 42 reps is too high when in a hypocaloric state.