Leaning Out/Contest Prep Thread

You ever been this lean, Brick? If not, how are you feeling? (i dont mean like tired and run down, but how is it seeing all this new definition and all the work you have put in being uncovered)

1 Like

It feels amazing, like surreal. Iā€™m about to go to sleep. I will touch on this more tomorrow or later in the week.

1 Like

@staystrong I just did and loved it! The explanations given and the anecdotes as well are solid. Something for me to chew on for sure!

I was 178lbs at 6ā€™2" in Oct 2013 when I did my last show, the NPC Border States in MPD

Never ever thought I would be under 180lbs, 14 weeks prior to that when prep started at 208lbs

My aim is 170 pounds and Iā€™m 5ā€™10" with a medium frame and SOME full muscle bellies (obviously not the chest). I canā€™t imagine what a 6ā€™4" man at 170 pounds at 5-7% body fat would look like. Perhaps emaciated?

my thoughts exactly Brick! I was just judging off of my body fat percentage now what i think i would have to get down to, at least at this point. Once i am in a comfortable physique, iā€™m planning on slowly adding lean body mass so if i ever do decide to step on stage i will have something to show.

Again that is so far off it doesnā€™t even factor in the plan, but one can dream correct?

2 Likes

1 Like

Christmas in August?

2 Likes

Your legs look great man, thick as hell. make sure to accentuate the shoulder width in posing practice , vacuum pose really do help with bringing the waist in as right and tight as possible.

1 Like

As proud as I am of how everything is coming together in the timeframe allotted, I canā€™t help but chuckle when I see that mustache -lol

S

1 Like

Youā€™re not the only one. Iā€™ve had several co-workers laugh as soon as they saw me with the fully-grown handlebar mustache after I shaved the beard. One woman laughs EVERY time she sees me! Some just say, ā€œThat mustacheā€¦ā€

1 Like

@Lonnie123 The thing about this that drives me the most and makes it seem surreal is that Iā€™ve wanted to look like a bodybuilder since age twelve! That is why it means so much to me. I know very well that I will not be famous or set the bodybuilding world on fire, but I love this subculture so much. I know many refer to it as a sport, which is fine. But I refer to it as a subculture and the act of getting onstage to be a show or exhibition, not a sport. But thatā€™s just semantics. What I find exhilarating about it, is that even if one is not at the top, he or she can still have fans, people that follow them, or just like looking at them, which opens up opportunities for capitalization as well. I want to show that I know what I am talking about for nutrition as an RD for weight loss and see what I am capable of. I donā€™t aim to place (which would be nice), but more so to come in as someone who did what he was supposed to.

Again, I want to elaborate more, but feel like I am running around quite a bit lately.

2 Likes

Take your time man, this is all about you and your experienceā€¦ Get it out there as you see fit.

But yeahā€¦ I competed when I was 27 and Iā€™m very glad I did it (damnā€¦almost 5 years ago now, time flies). I always fancied myself a body builder, but that was the first time I ever ā€œknewā€ itā€¦ Seeing the mirror was a trip, and as you get towards the end you are literally morphing every single day. ā€œOh damn, that vein goes another inch now!ā€

As far as not placingā€¦ If you do a natural show I feel very, very good about your chances man. I placed 6 out of 12 in my (untested) show and you are easily leaps and bounds above where I was. I did get very, very lean (leanest at the show I would say actually) but I didnt have near the muscle you do. You and Stu waited till you were a bit older, perhaps giving you more time to amass that quality muscle that you both have.

1 Like

1 Like

The moustache is badass. You look like an old-time Strongman

Great take!

Been watching the thread @BrickHead, looking very solid. As you lean out, your pecs begin to seem more appropriate, so you shouldnā€™t worry about that.

Looking good.

1 Like

10 weeks out yesterday.