Leaning Out/Contest Prep Thread

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Here’s a new pic from the gym.

1 Like

A little action shot. All my cardio is done outside unless the weather is terrible.

Right now I am up to a dozen 40 yard sprints at a shot preceded by a half mile warmup and mobility and glute-activation drills and followed by ten minutes of brisk walking or jogging.

^^looks like Super Mario jumping

1 Like

Looking good man! Shoulders, arms and legs looking yyyuge. The hard work is paying off, you’re gonna kill it. Sorry if I missed this, do you have a picked yet?

Respect for doin your cardio outdoors. I’m more of the recumbent-bike in a nice air conditioned gym type :slight_smile:

S

I’m even worse - I walk on the treadmill…

I wanted to do two ANBF shows, one in September and one in October. I MIGHT do the INBF Naturalmania.

Thanks!

1 Like

I can’t bring myself to do indoor cardio unless the weather is dangerous, seriously. After about seven minutes on a machine, I have had it!

Sprinting (with sprinting form, not “running hard”), is brutal and although it might be psychological, I think it burns more calories and is far better for the body for HIIT.

1 Like

Totally agree. On the rare occasions I do cardio indoors I literally have to switch machines every 5 minutes to keep myself sane. treadmill > bike > rowing machine > repeat. Except when doing sprints on the bike or rowing intervals, I can’t sit in one machine.

Sprinting does burn more calories. At least if we’re talking about bodyweight only HIIT and not weighted conditioning. Involves more muscles than bike sprints or stair master, and involves them at a much more demanding level.

About the only thing I put on par with sprinting for HIIT is rowing 500 m sprints. There is nothing so brutal in the world. Except rowing longer intervals. Nothing.

1 Like

I thought I read a post from you last year that you were not natural and had not been in a while, has my memory failed me?

I’ve spoken on the topic of TRT, not AAS for BB or sports. I have never used AAS for my physique in my life.

My mistake then. Is TRT allowed under the federation you wish to compete under?

Btw, looking good.

1 Like

2 Likes

Unfortunately I got news that only one natural federation, ANBF, allows TRT (with proof!). So I will do an ANBF show and I’m strongly thinking of doing a local NPC show as a middleweight. I am actually quite disheartened by this all, but whatever.

Yup. I do all my training outside.

And as for bro-splits, good, that just means there’s more frequency left for me.

1 Like

Looking great Brad!! Have truly come a long way and the hard work is beginning too shine!!! Cant wait to see the end result

Thanks! And thankfully I have you and Stu helping me out!