Leaning Out/Contest Prep Thread

1950 kcal on low carb days and 2150 on moderate carb days. Now it’s three low days, one moderate day, repeat. Yes, there is quite a bit of cardio: 50 minute walks before breakfast everyday and two interval sessions of 25 minutes of HIIT followed by 30 min of steady state every six days.

Like I said elsewhere, there’s a reason this is called a peak. No one can live like this long term. One would actually break down!!!

Ab veins have reached the belly button… shit’s getting serious now!!

1 Like

looking great, dude, although I’ve got to be honest: questioning that doo rag a little…

1 Like

Thanks! I have a lot of bandanas. :grimacing:

If I go over 30 minutes without food be it post spin, TRX, Tac-Fit, Ruck or my own lift session, I get light headed, head ache and dizzy. I however, have had hypoglycemia issues for a while in that it drops easy if I go too long without glucose intake of some kind. 4 hours seems to be my bodies mark. Endo says its not diabetes as I was tested for it. Flour, Wheat and pure sugar seem to be the main culprits that set me off for issues. All else fine.

1 Like

now your in the zone of leanness i call “crisp” as in lean and dry and cuts have a crisp look to them. nice work man! progress is on point! really coming along!

1 Like

As of this morning he’s officially a middleweight -lol

S

Yeah, 176.0 pounds on the dot this morning. :slight_smile: Hence why I think it’s funny when people have called me skinny. I’ve had to literally fight to get this low, and I only have a medium frame.

Four weeks to go! What’s the plan from here? Three-four more pounds? Are you employing any special tactics in your “fight” to get this low in body fat?

Like I always say: “the same science that everyone else has access to” :smiley:

S

Nope. Cardio hasn’t changed much, except for some extra walking in the morning and Slow steady stuff after intervals. Now it’s three low carb days, one moderate carb day, repeat. 1950 kcal on low days with 60 g carbs and 2190 cals and 100 g carbs on Med days. ~180 G protein All days, rest fat from eggs, avocado, nuts, beef, peanut butter.

Hopefully six more pounds!

1 Like

Good goal.

Out of curiosity do you or Stu have any goals for weekly calorie adjustments? (i.e. not more than 5% or 10% total calorie decrease per week) or other rubric such as not decrease calories and adding cardio in the same week?

Brick has been doing some phenomenal work on his physique but we’ve seen some fairly ordinary decision making on the stuff going onto that physique.

The backwards cap, the moe and now the bandana. I’m a bit scared about what may come up next :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am unsure exactly. He just made adjustments for me and I followed them. However, every adjustment except for one involved a decrease in calories and slight increase in activity. One adjustment kept cals about the same with more carbs. That was for a short while though, about a week, as I was not feeling particularly good that week and needed some more carbs to re-set before one final push.

I swear, there was one week I was pushing so hard, maybe too hard, particularly with intervals, and coupled with lack of sleep, I was actually concerned about my own well-being and had to take a full rest day and do nothing aside from my pre-breakfast cardio brisk walk.

There were two days in this prep in which I actually thought I lost my mind and had a feeling of depersonalization. Even during a prep done as safely as possible, one is going to feel like utter crap from time to time and feel like he is nuts! Well, that’s from my own experience and some of my friends’ accounts, especially those who work full-time and can’t just nap whenever they have a bad night’s sleep.

1 Like

Nothing besides the autographed Cutler hat my bro just mailed me. As well as oversized shiny basketball shorts off the clearance rack at Modell’s a la Jay, overpriced sneakers, baggy shirt, and backwards baseball caps and bandanas. You have to feel like a bodybuilder to be a bodybuilder. :slight_smile:

Likely a request for a Christmas or Hanukah gift. :slight_smile:

Thank you! I appreciate the compliments a lot!

Looking great man keep it up! Remember at this stage the scale might not move much, or even at all any more until the show, but conditioning will keep improving. Almost at the finish line bro, can’t wait to see the finished package!

1 Like