LEAN Weight Gain Problem

[quote]BigRedMachine87 wrote:

[quote]Lakkhamu wrote:

Anyway, the question remains. How the heck do I gain weight with minimal fat gain?[/quote]
Gain weight slowly. People think that you have to eat all day every day to get big. Yes, if you don’t eat enough, you won’t gain muscle. But if you eat too much, you just get fat. No matter what program you are on, no matter how clean you eat. A person can only gain between one and two pounds of muscle a month. So don’t fall into the false sense of accomplishment that many fall into when they gain eight pounds in a month and feel that they are really doing something.

Concentrate on trying to gain a couple pounds of good weight a month. Eat steak and chicken. Drink milk, eat vegetables. Don’t eat fast food. And be patient. That is the down fall of many on this site and in life in general. You won’t gain twenty pounds of muscle in a couple months. You won’t even gain ten.

People think they have to turn into a fatass, then cut to find the muscle under the fat. While there is truth to that to an extent, you can minimize your fat gain if you are healthy, patient and work hard. Good luck.[/quote]

serious?

anyone who’s made real progress knows that growth isn’t linear from month to month. sometimes you’ll gain a few pounds, sometimes you’ll gain more, sometimes you won’t gain at all even if you’ve been training hard and eating well. sometimes you have to eat dirty food to make gains.

doing anything to limit your personal growth potential is stupid. then again, only someone who’s actually made progress would understand that.

[quote]fr0IVIan wrote:

[quote]Lakkhamu wrote:

Anyway, the question remains. How the heck do I gain weight with minimal fat gain?[/quote]
Gain weight slowly. People think that you have to eat all day every day to get big. Yes, if you don’t eat enough, you won’t gain muscle. But if you eat too much, you just get fat. No matter what program you are on, no matter how clean you eat. A person can only gain between one and two pounds of muscle a month. So don’t fall into the false sense of accomplishment that many fall into when they gain eight pounds in a month and feel that they are really doing something.

Concentrate on trying to gain a couple pounds of good weight a month. Eat steak and chicken. Drink milk, eat vegetables. Don’t eat fast food. And be patient. That is the down fall of many on this site and in life in general. You won’t gain twenty pounds of muscle in a couple months. You won’t even gain ten.

People think they have to turn into a fatass, then cut to find the muscle under the fat. While there is truth to that to an extent, you can minimize your fat gain if you are healthy, patient and work hard. Good luck.[/quote]

sometimes you have to eat dirty food to make gains.

[/quote]

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I’m not saying don’t eat. I’m just saying be smart about it. I’m just going off of what Christian’s article said. That article I posted is one of the best I’ve read on this site.

Not sure what your problem is with what I said. I said to eat clean, healthy foods. To be patient and not eat so much that you’re putting on unnecessary fat. With weight gain you will put on fat, no way around it. But there are ways to limit the amount of fat you gain. You don’t have to eat 12,000 calories a day to get big.[/quote]

That article was discussed in the thread I linked…along with the discussion how newbs will get the WRONG message.

I also asked for pics because I know most of the people who are apparently “experts” don’t have anything to show for that title physically.

I posted that link for a reason. CT responded for a reason. That makes your previous post about how many people you think are giving blow jobs completely pointless and passive aggressive.[/quote]

I’ll read it. Doubt i’ll start on it tonight, but I’ll check it out.

I’m smaller and less experienced than you. But my post was basically a rip off of Christian’s. So if I were to post a picture, I might as well post one of him. Because I was quoting and summing up that bulking article. Just because someone isn’t at a certain level doesn’t mean they can’t possess knowledge of an experienced lifter.

[/quote]

hahahahah this is the biggest tail-between-the-legs cop out Ive ever seen

Fuck that’s some embarrassing shit.

Post a picture or stop giving advice.

Why? It’s not like it’s some original idea I came up with. I just said what someone else said. If you have a problem with it, take it up with CT.

Why? It’s not like it’s some original idea I came up with. I just said what someone else said. If you have a problem with it, take it up with CT. [/quote]

Congratulations, you have the intelligence level of a parakeet.

"Conclusion

Somebody had to say it and it was me. I’m tired of seeing young kids with good potential, who are lean and have nice shapes to start with, ruin their bodies by following the bulking advice from self-proclaimed Internet “gurus” who advise them to eat as much food as they can, even junk food if it can help them jack up their calories. All this will accomplish is helping them add heaps of fat to their lean bodies.

I agree that a lot of young lifters don’t eat enough to support maximum muscle growth, but eating junk or super-excessive calories isn’t the way to go. The basic message is good: if you aren’t gaining muscle, you’re probably not eating enough. However, that doesn’t mean you should eat too much and it doesn’t mean you should eat crap!

Think about it."

To give some feedback, you must be able to defend what you are saying.

You can’t, as it is CT’s point, not your own.

Regurgitating an article does not make you right.

And you also seem to be missing X’s points.

But then again, it became a pissing match, not much of a discussion.

Cheers

Look, OP, no one can help you here. Most everyone here has bulked up, put too much fat on, program hopped, ect, it’s part of the learning process. If you got fat with you last bulk, realize you either

1. ate too much
  2. didn’t workout enough to validate the food you ate
  3. weren’t concentrating on PROGRESSION (most notably strength), and instead, assuming going in the gym gets you gains

The one benefit of program hopping is, while you may not have given yourself enough time to on each program to know what ‘works’, you at least know what you ‘like’. Pick a program you like enough to stick with for AT LEAST 6 months.

I notice in the OP, you say you eat NO carbs minus breakfast? WTF made that seem like a good idea if you want to gain muscle?

FTR, I’m too a beginner, but I was where you are about a year or two ago, and I’m just trying to make you understand, all these big guys, giving you advice, can only help so much. But no one on ths sight can tell you exactly what program works for YOU, how many calories YOU personally need, you’re going to have to figure that out on your own through trial and error.

Why? It’s not like it’s some original idea I came up with. I just said what someone else said. If you have a problem with it, take it up with CT. [/quote]

?

Ct can respond on his own and doesn’t need someone at your level speaking for him. In fact, he spoke up for himself just fine in the thread I already linked. He would not be responding like you are.

He would have more experience…so he wouldn’t have falsely thought what I wrote was wrong to start with.

I’ve seen your pictures in the Indigo forum…and can not understand how in the world someone at your level can argue with people who have done so much more in the gym.

For you to think you would have a better grasp of the situation than people who have actually done it is insanity.

That is why newbs can fuck up by thinking reading an article takes the place of actual experience.

[quote]JFG wrote:

Cheers[/quote]

It wasn’t a pissing match. We’ve had this discussion directly with CT back in 2008.

They would have to be full on retarded at this point to think people on this site got swole by accident.

My point is very simple. You don’t have to have ten years gym experience or a 600 pound squat to understand it.

People love to ignore the points of that article because it’s easier. It’s easy just to eat whatever than to take time to figure out what your body needs and to eat cleanly.

But if someone wants to gain five pounds a month and think they are maximizing their gains because of it. Good for them. I’m going to stick to Ct’s line of thinking.

My point is very simple. You don’t have to have ten years gym experience or a 600 pound squat to understand it.

People love to ignore the points of that article because it’s easier. It’s easy just to eat whatever than to take time to figure out what your body needs and to eat cleanly.

But if someone wants to gain five pounds a month and think they are maximizing their gains because of it. Good for them. I’m going to stick to Ct’s line of thinking.[/quote]

The difference?

Some of us got big already.

You haven’t.

Some of us have a solid background in a field of science also so you aren’t speaking to uneducated idiots who accidentally got big arms.

I think my point has been made. CT spoke about this already…and it’s right there for you to see.

To ignore that at this point makes you look pretty freaking clueless.

lol

hahaha

come on man.

did you miss the part that indigo is made for elite athletes?

jesus christ. I dont even think Im anywhere near the point where a supplement aimed at that demographic is appropriate to put in my body.

you delusional clowns dumb down the internet day after day. its just sad that someone, who is just as much of a beginner as you are, will take your advice out of pure ignorance.

If this were real life, there is no way in hell this discussion would even take place.

This stuff blows my mind.

Yet, in internet land, guys who don’t look like they’ve been inside a gym ever GIVE advice to newbs who want to get big.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]JFG wrote:

Cheers[/quote]

It wasn’t a pissing match. We’ve had this discussion directly with CT back in 2008.

They would have to be full on retarded at this point to think people on this site got swole by accident.
[/quote]

Was not referring to the link. That was actually a good one.

Referring and talking to him…

Damn this internet. Need to start using emoticons or something.

Cheers

[quote]Lakkhamu wrote:
I selected Huge in a Hurry as my workout regimen, and I WILL do the Get Big, Get Stronger and Get Even Bigger phases before jumping into anything. That’s 40 weeks of lifting. I will follow a Carb Cycling diet inspired by The Holy Grail by Tom Venuto alternating between about 3700 calorie days and 2500 calorie days, with more calories during workout days. Oh and I will weigh in by-weekly and check my body phat with photos, as Berardi suggests in Massive Eating.

See you then.[/quote]

This seems like a pretty good mindset. Keep an honest, no bullshit log of eating and training so that you can actually learn from your mistakes. Based on the fact that you made this thread, you don’t have your nutrition down yet. It’s a whole lot easier to make some tweaks to stay leaner while gaining if you have a precise record of what you were doing to analyze later.

You’re going to makes mistakes as a beginner, it’s unavoidable. Just be smart about it so they can make you better in the long run.

Also, I recommend that you think in macros rather than calories. Calories in vs. calories out does matter, but that’s only part of the picture and not necessarily the biggest part. Good luck with the new plans.

[quote]BONEZ217 wrote:
lol

hahaha

come on man.

did you miss the part that indigo is made for elite athletes?

jesus christ. I dont even think Im anywhere near the point where a supplement aimed at that demographic is appropriate to put in my body.

you delusional clowns dumb down the internet day after day. its just sad that someone, who is just as much of a beginner as you are, will take your advice out of pure ignorance. [/quote]

figures. this is the same guy who was arguing in the “Race to 315 Squat/Deadlift” thread that a squat of 265x7 = 315x1 and that the “mission” was “accomplished”.

seriously? the Internet never ceases to amaze me.