Lean Muscle, Strength, & Nutritional Plan?

Right now my main goal is total body transformation. I am on a caloric deficit and getting stronger each week and have lost about 10 lbs of fat so far from 170 to 160. My target weight goal is 150. Eventually I’m going to need to change my strategy for continuing to build strength and muscle. What next should I be focussing on?

My goal is to be as strong as possible at a certain weight (for now let’s just say that’s 150) with a low body fat percentage.

Currently my plan includes… 1,920 calories each day, 168 grams of carbs, 168 grams of protein, and 64 grams of fat.

Thanks for your input and help.

What do you want help with? Sounds like you’re trending toward your goal, and know exactly what variables are getting you there. Wouldn’t you just keep doing what you’re doing?

1 Like

How old are you and do you have any pictures of your physique? Many people cut down expecting great results and are disappointed with the lack of muscle. May be best to switch to a recomp style of nutrition, but I can’t tell with the information you’ve given.

I’m 32 with average physique. My goal here isn’t physique but strength. For now I am on a caloric deficit but I realize that this isn’t something to maintain permanently. I’m trying to get feedback about how to plan for afterwards and how long it makes sense to continue with a caloric deficit. What information do have to share on recomp style of nutrition? Anything you can recommend reading that helps explain better?

If you have an “average physique” and your goal is strength, it doesn’t make sense to be in a caloric deficit for even one more day, IMO.

If you’re eating at maintenance and training hard, you can recomp. Not much more to say about it, besides eat clean foods and get in (IMO) 1g/lb of protein.

I don’t have any reading nutrition wise about recomping to refer. 5/3/1 will help you build strength, and if you buy 5/3/1 Forever you have enough program templates to run for the rest of your life.